IIT JAM 2017 (Joint Admission Test For M.Sc) is going to be conducted on February 12, 2017 for admission to Integrated Ph.D. Programmes at Indian Institute Of Science and M.Sc. (Two Years), M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech., and other Postgraduate programmes offered at Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Indoer, Patna, Madras, Ropar and Roorkee.
IIT JAM 2017- Latest News
The second admission list has been released on 16th june, 12.oo noon. Candidates can check the information by logging at joaps website . In case you have paid the seat booking fee then the withdrawal option will be available from 16th june 2017 to 21st june 2017.
Necessary Eligibility Criteria For- IIT JAM
For appearing in IIT JAM 2017 candidates are required to fulfill following eligibility criteria:
- Indian and Foreign national are eligible to apply for the test.
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree with 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST and PwD Category Candidates).
- Candidates are required to submit passing certificate by September 30, 2017.
- Candidates will be required to submit the physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
- Candidates will also have to undergone through a physical fitness test and in case they are found ineligible as per the physical fitness standard, their admission is liable to get cancelled.
Detailed info About Eligibility: Click Here
|Online registration and application process on JAM 2016 official website will be commenced from||September 2, 2016|
|Deadline for submission of online application form and uploading documents on the website||October 13, 2016, 5.00 Pm|
|Deadline of payment of application fee in online mode||October 6, 2016|
|Admit card will be downloaded||January 10, 2017|
|Mock test links gets activated||February, 2017|
|Examination date||February 12, 2017|
|Result will be announced||March 27, 2017|
|Submission of application form for admission||April 12-25, 2017|
|Deadline for receiving of request for making change of category in proper format/ rectification of flawed documents at IIT Delhi||May 10, 2017|
|First admission list will be announced||June 2, 2017|
|Second admission list will be announced||June 20, 2017|
|Third and final admission list will be announced||July 3, 2017|
|Closure of admission||July 7, 2017|
How to Apply for IIT JAM 2017?
Candidates are required to apply for IIT JAM 2017 through JAM online Application Processing System (JOAPS). There are two major steps of application procedure including online registration and filling up the application form. We are sharing below the procedure of application and list of necessary documents.
List of Required Documents/Information
- Personal information such as name, mobile number, email address, parent’s name, date of birth, parent’s mobile number.
- Communication address.
- Educational qualification details.
- Test paper(s).
- Preferences of examination cities.
- Photograph in .jpeg format in prescribed size.
- Candidate’s signature in .jpeg format in prescribed size.
- Category certificate (for SC/ST/PwD) in pdf format.
- Valid identity proof such as College ID, Aadhar ID, Driving License, PAN Card, Employee ID, Passport, Voter ID etc.
- Along with that also keep the Netbanking login and password and debit/credit card details (card number, CVV number) ready for making the payment in online mode.
For SC/ST/PwD/Women (for all categories)- Rs. 750/-(for one test paper) & Rs. 1000/- (for two test paper)
For All Other Category- Rs. 1500/-(for one test paper) & Rs. 2100/- (for two test paper)
Detailed info About Application Form Check Here
There will be seven papers in the test and all will be conducted in online mode. Exam duration for each paper will be for 3 hours. Talking about the language mode will be English only. The paper will be divided into three sections and details regarding the same are as follows:
There will be 30 multiple choice questions (MCQ) in total containing one or two marks for each. Four alternatives will be given for every question among which one is right.
There will be 10 multiple selected questions (MSQ) in total containing two marks each. For MSQ type questions, one or more than one answer may be right.
There will be 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions containing one or two marks for each. Candidates need to answer these questions in the form of a signed real number. Answer should be entered by candidates through virtual numeric keypad.
Negative Marking for Section A
- For 1 mark questions: -1/3 (for each wrong attempt)
- For 2 mark questions: -2/3 (for each wrong attempt)
Negative Marking for Section B & C
No Negative marking scheme for section B and C.
*Candidates are allowed to appear for either one or two test papers.
Click Here to Check the IIT JAM 2017 Syllabus
Admit card will be available to download from the official website i.e. http://jam.iitm.ac.in/ in the month of December, 2016. Admit card will not be send individually through post. So, candidates need to download their admit card within the mentioned time period.
Link to check answer key- Click Here
Result will be announced in the month of March, 2017. This test is tentative in nature and will be updated soon after publication of its official notification. Based on the candidates’ performance in the test they will be allotted an All India Rank (AIR).
Preparation of Merit List
All India merit will be prepared and announced by the respective authority based on candidates’ JAM 2017 result. All successful candidates will be further allowed to apply for admission procedure. Score card of candidates will be downloaded from March, 2017 onwards.
JAM 2017 Admission Procedure
List of JAM qualified candidates are required to apply for admission through its official website. After the announcement of result, admission form will be accessible at its official website. Candidates need to obtain the same and apply for admission.