The candidates who are willing to appear for the GATE 2017; must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria of GATE 2017 exam before beginning the application process. Here below we’ve described categories of candidates allowed to appear in GATE.
- The candidates who have bachelor degree in B.E/ B.Arch/ B.Tech/B.Pharm from a recognized and affiliated university are eligible to appear in exam
- The candidates who have successfully qualified master’s degree in any relevant branch of Mathematics/Science/ Computer or equivalent/ Statistics are eligible for GATE 2017.
- Candidates who have completed Integrated M.Tech/ M.E. or Dual Degree (after passing 12th or Diploma) or Integrated Master’s degree programs or dual degree programs in Engineering/Technology (with five year degree course) also eligible for appearing in GATE.
- The candidates who have done Integrated M.Tech/ M.E (after B.Sc) or four year Post-B.Sc Int Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology are eligible to apply for GATE- 2016.
- The candidates who have done Bachelor’s degree program in science or B.Sc research/B.S post diploma or 4 years after 12th are eligible to appear in GATE exam.
- Candidates having degree in M.Sc/ MCA/ M.A: Master’s degree in any relevant branch of Science/ Computer applications/ Statistics/ Mathematics /or equivalent are eligible to apply
- Candidate who qualified Professional Society Examinations equivalent to B.Tech/ B.E. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies and are acknowledged by UPSC/MHRD/ AICTE (AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India, AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India) are eligible to appear in GATE 2017 exam.
- The students studying in the last year of bachelor of technology or B.Arch can also register for GATE provided that they have to submit the certificate from their Principal of the college or university.
Note: candidate who appeared in the final year in 2016, but with a re-appear or backlog in any of the subjects in their qualifying degree must have to upload a soft copy of any one of the marks sheet of the passing year or have to acquire a declaration from their college principle along with the valid signature and seal before and upload the same while doing the process of online form submission.
The candidates who have fulfilled the above listed qualifying examination, they need to submit their provisional documents or degree certificates of the completion of the programme.