Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a well-known national level entrance test conducted for admission to M.E, M.Tech programmes offered at NITs, IITs, other GFTIs and several reputed private institutes and universities all over the country. IISc Bangalore is the concerned authority going to conduct GATE exam on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February, 2017.
GATE application process has over now and now candidates can download their respective admit card from 5th January, 2017.
GATE 2017- Latest News
GATE 2017 admit card is now available. Download Here
Candidates are allowed to make changes in exam city, category and gender part of GATE application form from November 15, 2016 onward.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee is the organizing institute of GATE 2017. The exam is going to be held on February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only) and GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website will open from 1st September, 2016. Check exam schedule below:
|Name of The Exam||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee|
|Type of the Exam||National Level|
|To Be Conducted||4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February, 2017|
|Application Form Available from||September|
GATE 2017 – online Application Form
Candidates need to apply for GATE 2017 in online mode through accessing the official zonal GATE website of IISC or one of the seven IITs. During application procedure candidates will be asked to upload their photographs, signatures, category certificates and other requisite certificates. Candidates can obtain the application form for GATE 2017 from 1st September, 2016. Go through the instructions illustrated below to apply for GATE successfully:
- Candidates are required to get the access of GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
- Now candidates need to do the registration by furnishing few personal information and email ID and phone number. Kindly include your valid and working email ID and phone number as further communication will be made through this only.
- After successful registration, GOAPS enrollment ID and password will be sent to candidates’ email ID.
- Now apply for GATE 2016 after logging to your account by using the same ID and password.
- The fist very thing candidates will be asked to enter in the application form is paper name and examination cities preferences. Candidates can give preferences of maximum three examination centers.
- Now candidates will be asked to enter their personal information such as name, date of birth, parent name etc.
- Now enter your mailing address and details of ID proof you’d like to bring with you while coming to the examination hall.
- Upload scanned copy of your photograph and signatures as per the instructions.
- Finally, check out all the details furnished and hit “submit and proceed to payment” button.
Details of Application Fee:
For General/OBC-NCL Male Candidates/Other Candidates: Rs 1500/-
For Women/PwD/SC / ST category candidates: Rs 750
*Additional bank charges will be applicable as per the norms.
*Payment can be done either in online mode or through eChallan.
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Online enrollment/application filling/application submission process starts at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website||1st September, 2016|
|Last Date to submit the online application form through website||10th October, 2016, 11.00|
|Last Date to make request for change in the examination city choice through GOAPS login||16th November. 2016|
|Admit card will be available from||5th January, 2017|
|GATE 2017 Online Examination date||4,5,11 & 12 February, 2017|
|Gate 2017-Publication of Results||27th March, 2017|
Eligibility Criteria: GATE 2017
A summarize view of GATE 2017 eligibility criteria is as follows. The table is prepared as per the information provided by IISc Bangalore for GATE and for reference purpose only. This section may be updated if we find any changes in the eligibility criteria for the upcoming year 2017.
|Qualification||Details of Qualifying Degree/Exam||Eligibility Condition||Year of Qualification must not be later than|
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm.||Candidates should hold 4 years bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology after 10+2 or 3 year degree after completion of B.Sc/Diploma in Engineering or Technology. Candidates those are studying in the final year can apply.||Completed or studying in final year||2017|
|B. Arch.||Candidates should hold five years Bachelor’s degree||Completed or studying in final year||2017|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Candidates should hold Bachelor’s degree or graduation in Science(Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Completed or studying in final year||2017|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent||Candidates should hold Master’s degree in any branch of Mathematics/Scinece/Statistics/Computer Applications of its equivalent||Completed or studying in final year||2017|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||Candidates should be having four year Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology.||Completed or stydying in 2nd/3rd/4thyear||2019|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Candidates should hold five year integrated Master’s degree program or Dual degree program in Engineering/Technology||Completed or studying in the 4th/5th year||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Candidates should hold Integrated M.Sc or five year integrated B.S-M.S program||Completed or studying in final year||2017|
|Professional Society Examinations which is equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.||Candidates should hold degree of Professional Societies should be recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE and equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.||Candidates should have done section A or its equivalent of such professional programmes||NA|
Detailed information About Gate Eligibility : Check Here
Exam Pattern- Gate 2017
Important information related to GATE 2017 exam pattern is as follows
- Two types of questions will be involved in the paper i.e. Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Questions.
- Multiple choice questions will have one correct answer out of four alternatives, whereas, candidates need to answer Numerical questions with the help of a keypad.
- Questions belonging to General Aptitude will be common to all papers and it will be of 15 marks.
- Distributions of questions for Papers codes AR, EY, CY, GG, MA, XL and PH- Main subject (85%) and General Aptitude (15%)
- Distributions of questions for Papers codes AE, BT, AG, CE, CS, CH, EC, IN, EE, ME, MT, MN, PI, XE and TF- Main subject (70%), General Aptitude (15%) and Engineering Mathematics (15%)
- Marking Scheme for Multiple Choice Questions: There will be two types of multiple choice questions containing 1 or 2 marks respectively. 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer for 1-mark multiple choice questions whereas, 2/3 marks will be deducted for 2-mark multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme for Numerical Answer Questions: Questions will be of 1 or 2 marks respectively. There will be no negative marking in this section.
Gate 2017 Exam Pattern Information : Check Here
Admit Card -Gate 2017
GATE 2017 admit card will be released on 5th January, 2017 and candidates can obtain it from the official website of GATE.
Answer Key- Gate 2017
Answer key will be available at its official website after completion of the exam. Answer key will allow candidates to expect their marks they are going to score in GATE exam.
Result will be declared by the conducting body in the month of March, 2017 at its official website.
There will be no common counselling procedure for admission to IITs, though admission to NITs will be done through CCMT process.
Official Website: http://www.gate.iisc.ernet.in/