Here we talk about all architecture entrance exams conducted in India. You should have passed class 12th exam with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in order to take architecture entrance exams in India.
There are many architecture entrance exams conducted at undergraduate and postgraduate level, here is the list of the same.
Architecture Entrance Exams 2022-2023
Undergraduate Level Architecture Exams List
|5.||JEE Advanced AAT|
|6.||MAH B.Planning CET|
|7.||Sathyabama University Entrance Exam|
Postgraduate Level Architecture Exams List
|2.||MAH M.Arch CET|
|3.||Graduate Aptitude Test in Architecture (GATE)|
Name of Architecture Courses at UG and PG Level
|Undergraduate Courses||Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan)
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
Diploma in Architecture Engineering
Diploma in Architecture
|Postgraduate courses||Master of Architecture (M.Arch)
Master of Planning (M.Plan)
Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture (Ph.D. Architecture)
Popular Architecture Exams in India
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures a candidate’s assessment of cognitive skills, logical reasoning and critical thinking ability, visual perception and aesthetic sensitivity tests, etc. The Council of Architecture conducts NATA as a comprehensive computer-based aptitude test.
NATA exam comprises of four types of questions including Multiple-Choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select type(MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ) and Numerical Answer type (NAQ). The language mode of the question paper is English only.
- Abstract Reasoning: It is focused to access general knowledge, and ability to utilize knowledge in new situations
- Logical Reasoning: It tests ability to ecognize patterns, sequences or relationships between shapes and imagery.
- Situational Judgment: It tests problem-solving ability.
- Inductive Reasoning: It tests the ability to see patterns and analyse given data
- Verbal Reasoning: It assesses the ability to assess verbal logic.
- Numerical Reasoning: It tests mathematical ability through simple problems
- Diagrammatic Reasoning: It tests the ability of logical reasoning, using diagrams and scenarios
JEE Main Paper II
The National Testing Agency conducts JEE Main paper II for providing admission to B.Arch and B.Plan courses.
Subjects for B.Arch: Mathematics, Drawing, and Aptitude
Subjects for B.Planning: Mathematics, Aptitude, and Planning Based Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What are available courses under architecture domain?
Answer: There are many undergraduate and postgraduate courses available and we have listed the same above.
Question 2: Is NATA a national level exam for architecture in India?
Question 3: Which documents I need to bring at the exam center?
Answer: Your admit card and an identity card.
Check- All entrance exams
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here