Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has announced Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 exclusively for poor students coming from low-income families and wants to continue their studies. This is the largest undergraduate scholarship programme in Pakistan under which 50,000 students to be awarded scholarship every year for 4 to 5 years undergraduate degree programmes.
Indeed, it’s an important initiative by Prime Minister Imran Khan to start Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 which ultimately focuses to assist poor students financially in continuing their undergraduate education. More than 200,000 students are expecting to be benefited from Ehsaas Scholarship till 2023.
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has introduced an online portal where willing students of public universities can submit Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 application form online. The scholarship amount covers 100% of the tuition fee and living stipend which makes it PKR 40,000/- per year.
Do you know who are eligible to apply for Ehsaas Scholarship, what is the procedure to apply online, important features of the scholarship, scholarship amount and what is the last date to apply- we’ll discuss these here.
Table of Contents
Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 Quick Overview
|Name of the Scholarship||Ehsaas Scholarship|
|Who are eligible?||Students from low-income families|
|Undergraduate or Postgraduate?||It is an undergraduate scholarship programme|
|Scholarship Amount||PKR 40,000/- per year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Who are eligible for Ehsaas Scholarship 2023?
Who are eligible for Ehsaas scholarship 2023 is crucial to know as applications of ineligible candidates will be rejected by the concerned authority. Let’s discuss Ehsaas school eligibility criteria in detail.
- Undergraduate students who are studying in a public sector university are eligible to apply.
- Students who are willing to apply, their family income must not exceed PKR 45,000/- in a year.
- 50% scholarship is reserved for female category students.
- 2% scholarship is reserved for students with disabilities.
The geographical spread of Ehsaas scholarship is all four provinces (including FATA), Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) and Gilgit Baltistan (GB). However, if you have already availed any scholarship then you are not eligible to apply.
Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 Application Form
If you are eligible and willing to submit Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 application form then your first step is online registration at its official website ehsaas.hec.gov.pk. However, please read important notes before you sign up for Ehsaas Scholarship Pakistan.
· If you are 18 years old then you have to submit Ehsaas Scholarship form using your own CNIC.
· In case you don’t have CNIC then apply for NADRA CNIC first and then apply for Ehsaas Scholarship.
· In you are under 18 then you can apply through own B-Form.
· Your application will be simply rejected by the concerned authority if you have used CNIC of your sister, brother, parents etc.
Steps to Apply Online for Ehsaas Scholarship Undergraduate Programme 2023
Step 1: Hope you have read the eligibility criteria and are eligible according to the norms prescribed by the official. Please visit the official website of Ehsaas Scholarship https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/ to start filling your application form.
Step 2: If you are already registered then login to your account by entering your CNIC/Passport and password. If you have not yet registered then click the sign up button.
Read the terms and click OK to proceed with your Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 online application process.
- To create an account, you need to enter your 13 digit CNIC number without dashes.
- In case you don’t have CNIC number then enter your 13 digit B-Form number without dashes.
Fill up your Ehsaas Scholarship form- enter details like your first name, last name, nationality, primary cell phone number, and primary email.
After you sign up login to your account using your CNIC/Passport number and password and fill up the rest part of your application by following the instruction displayed on the screen.
Important Documents for Ehsaas Scholarship 2023
Here is the list of important documents you’ll be asked to produce to avail Ehsaas Scholarship:
- Student’s Domicile
- Student’s CNIC / Form B
- DMCs / Transcripts / Certificates of Matric and FA / FSc etc
- Father’s/Guardian’s CNIC
- Last six months utility bills
- Income certificate of father/guardian
- Rent agreement, if required
- Copy of previous scholarship
- Death certificate, if required
- Other relevant documents
How Ehsaas Scholarship is Different?
We can differentiate Ehsaas scholarship from other scholarship programmes running in the country by highlighting few important factors and they are as follows:
- It is the largest needs-based scholarship program.
- The scholarship programme covers students from low-income families who aspire to avail higher studies.
- It is the largest national scholarship programme focuses undergraduate education.
- Looking to the data, HEC has delivered 30,000 undergraduate scholarships in the last 14 years, however, this scheme solely gives 50000 scholarships every year.
- Most of the scholarship programmes in the country were focused to postgraduate programme, however, it’s an undergraduate scholarship programme.
- A minimum of Rs. 5 billion is allocated to Ehsaas scholarship every year.
Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
As discussed, Ehsaas scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fee and living stipend and the amount will be PKR 40000/- per year. Selection of students would be merit-based and needs-based. Here the terms needs-based mean student’s GPA and family income will be considered while allocating scholarship.
Students from all public universities can apply for Ehsaas scholarship if they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria. Students will receive scholarship throughout their undergraduate programme.
The concerned official will pay tuition fee directly to the university, while living stipend will be sent to students’ bank account upon verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: My family income is 50000 per year, can I Apply for Ehsaas scholarship?
Answer: No, your family income should not exceed 45,000/-.
Question 2: Is it compulsory to have CNIC number to apply for Ehsaas scholarship?
Answer: Yes, if you are 18 years old.
Question 3: What is the scholarship amount?
Answer: The scholarship amount is PKR 40,000/- per year.