EFLU stands for English and Foreign Languages University. It is a renowned university especially for the courses related to foreign languages. The university offers a large number of UG, PG, and doctorate-level courses. The admissions are offered at the Hyderabad, Shillong, and Lucknow campuses of the university. To select candidates, the university will conduct the EFLU Entrance Exam 2022. The entrance exam will be held in online mode only. Go through this post, to get all the necessary information related to the EFLU Admission 2022.
The following courses are offered by the university through the EFLU Entrance Exam 2022.
- B.A.(Hons.) – English – 100 seats
- B.A.(Hons.) – Arabic – 20 seats
- B.A.(Hons.) – French – 20 seats
- B.A.(Hons.) – German – 20 seats
- B.A.(Hons.) – Japanese – 20 seats
- B.A.(Hons.) – Russian – 20 seats
- B.A.(Hons.) – Spanish – 20 seats
- B.A. – Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC) – 20 seats
- M.A – English – 160 seats
- M.A. – English Literature – 50 seats
- M.A – Literature in English – 20 seats
- M.A – Comparative Literature – 20 seats
- M.A. – Linguistics – 60 seats
- M.A. – English Language Teaching – 20 seats
- M.A. – Journalism and Mass Communication – 40 seats
- M.A. – Hindi – 20 seats
- M.A. – Computational Linguistics – 20 seats
- M.A. – Arabic Language and Literature – 20 seats
- M.A. – French Language and Literature – 20 seats
- M.A. – German Language and Literature – 20 seats
- M.A. – Hispanic Language and Literature – 20 seats
- M.A. – Russian Language and Literature – 20 seats
Teacher Education Courses
- B.Ed. – English – 50 Seats
- PGDTE – English – 60 Seats
- PGDTA – Arabic – 20 Seats
- Postgraduate Diploma in Translation – English – 20 Seats
- Ph.D. – Linguistics and Phonetics – 24 seats
- Ph.D. – English Language Education – 23 seats
- Ph.D. – Hindi – 4 seats
- Ph.D. – Indian and World Literatures – 5 seats
- Ph.D. – English Literature – 20 seats
- Ph.D. – Cultural Studies – 4 seats
- Ph.D. – Film Studies and Visual Culture – 2 seats
- Ph.D. – Comparative Literature – 5 seats
- Ph.D. – Translation Studies – 4 seats
- Ph.D. – Aesthetics and Philosophy – 3 seats
- Ph.D. – Media and Communication – 2 seats
- Ph.D. – Arabic Language and Literature – 3 seats
- Ph.D.- French Language and Literature – 8 seats
- Ph.D. – Russian Language and Literature – 5 seats
- Ph.D. – German Language and Literature – 3 seats
- Ph.D. – Spanish Language and Literature – 4 seats
The tentative dates related to the EFLU Entrance Exam 2022 are given in the following table.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form||May 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||June 2022|
|Release of admit card||July 2022|
|Date of examination||July 2022|
|Declaration of result||July 2022|
|Beginning of the counselling process||August 2022|
|Date of Interview (for Ph.D. Course)||August 2022|
EFLU Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for various courses as given below.
B.A. (Hons.) English, B.A. Journalism and Mass Communica tion (JMC), B.A. (Hons.) Arabic, B.A. (Hons.) French, B.A. (Hons.) German, B.A. (Hons.) Japanese, B.A. (Hons.) Russian, B.A. (Hons.) Spanish.
- Aspirants must have passed the 10+2 or intermediate exam with a minimum of 50% marks for general/OBC candidates, and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates, with English as one of the subjects.
- Candidates who will appear for the class 12th or equivalent exam are also eligible.
Post Graduation Courses
MA English (Cafeteria), M.A. English Literature, M.A. Linguistics, M.A. English Language Teaching, M.A. Literatures in English, M.A. Comparative Literature, M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC)
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks for general/ OBC candidates, and 50% marks for SC/ST category candidates OR
- Students who are in the final year of the qualifying degree examination are also eligible.
M.A. Computational Linguistics
- Aspirants need to have a bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines.
- English (with at least 10 credits in Linguistics)
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science and /or Engineering and Technology
- Mathematics and Physics with 55% marks for general/OBC candidates, and 50% marks for SC/ST category candidates
- Those students who are currently pursuing the courses mentioned above are also eligible.
M.A. Hindi, M.A. Arabic Language and Literature, M.A. French Language and Literature, M.A. German Language and Literature, M.A. Russian Language and Literature, M.A. Hispanic Language and Literature
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in the concerned language.
- Aspirants also need to have at least 50% marks in the concerned subject for General/ OBC candidates and 45% marks for SC/ ST category candidates.
Note: Aspirants may refer to the prospectus of the university to check the eligibility criteria for the rest of the courses.
EFLU Application Form 2022
The application form for the EFLU Entrance exam 2022 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply may access the application form through the official website of the university. The complete step by step process to submit the application process in online mode is given below.
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website of the university i.e. efluniversity.ac.in.
- On the official website, you need to click on the “Admission 2021 – 2022” followed by “Register Yourself”.
- Next, you will have to enter your email Id and mobile number.
- After that, you have to sign in by entering your email address and password generated after registration.
- Then, fill in all the necessary details in the EFLU Application Form 2021.
- In addition to the details, all candidates also need to upload scanned images of the photograph and signature.
- Along with their application forms, SC/ST/OBC candidates should submit the Caste/Tribe Certificate from any one of the following:
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/ First-Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate (not below the rank of First-Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Administrator / Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Laccadive and Minicoy Islands)
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- It is also necessary for all candidates to pay the application fee at the time of submitting the form.
- Don’t forget to take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
The application fees are different for candidates from various categories as shown below.
- General/ OBC candidates – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates – Rs. 250/-
Mode of payment – The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
EFLU Exam Pattern 2022
The pattern of the EFLU Entrance Exam 2022 is given below.
- Mode of examination – Online (Computer Based Examination)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of the exam – 2 hours
- Maximum Marks – 100 marks (70 marks for Ph.D. Entrance Test)
B.A.(Hons.) – English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC)
- Objective type questions of Maximum 100 Marks
MA – English, English Literature, Literatures in English, Comparative Literature, Linguistics, English Language Teaching, Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC), Hindi, Computational Linguistics, Arabic Language and Literature, French Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, Hispanic Language and Literature, Russian Language and Literature
- Computer based exam having Objective type questions of Maximum 100 Marks
B.Ed/ PGDTE/ PGDTA
- Computer based exam having Objective type questions of Maximum 100 Marks
- Objective type questions of Maximum 70 Marks followed by an interview of 30 marks.
EFLU Entrace Exam Syllabus 2022
- The Syllabus for UG courses is based on the Class 11th and 12th Curriculum.
- The graduation level syllabus is applicable for the entrance exam of PG course.
- You should note that subjects included in the UG entrance exam syllabus are Reasoning and Literature, General Knowledge, Vocabulary, etc.
- The entrance exam syllabus for the PG course includes the following subjects English Language Ability, Analytical Ability, Reasoning ability, linguistic ability, and skills, etc.
- The admit card for EFLU Entrance Exam 2022 will release in online mode only.
- Those who want to download the admit card need to visit the official website of the university.
- To download an admit card, candidates have to provide their User ID and date of birth.
- An admit card will carry information about the date, time, and venue of the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card and one photo ID proof.
EFLU Entrance Exam 2022 Result
- The EFLU entrance exam result 2021 will be declared online through the official website.
- To check their result, aspirants have to provide their roll number and registration details.
- Information about the subject-wise and total marks secured by the candidates will be mentioned on the result card.
- Along with the result, EFLU will also release the merit list on its official website.
- Those candidates who will get their names on the merit list will be allowed to take part in the counselling process.
- Those successful applicants who will score more than cut-off marks will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
- To counselling process will take place in the university campus.
- All admission formalities will be held during the process of counselling.
- The admission will be provided only after the verification of documents of payment of fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which cities, the EFLU Entrance Exam 2022 will take place?
Answer: The entrance exam will take place in the following cities – Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Delhi, Kolkata, Nagpur, Shillong, Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Patna, Thiruvananthapuram, Anand, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Mangalore, Pune, Vijayawada, Bangalore, Chennai, Jammu, Mumbai, Ranchi.
Question – 2: What is the Fee Structure for Indian Candidates at EFLU?
Answer: The fee structure for Indian Candidates at EFLU for B.A. (Honours) English/ BA (Foreign Languages)/ B.A. BCJ
|Particular||Fee for General/ OBC category students||Fee for SC/ ST category students||Fee for VHC/ PHC category students|
|Registration Fee (at the time of joining)||Rs. 185||Rs. 185||Rs. 185|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||Rs. 335||Rs. 335||–|
|Library Fee (per semester)||Rs. 200||Rs. 200||–|
|Student Welfare Fund (per semester)||Rs. 970||Rs. 140||Rs. 140|
|Examination Fee (per semester)||Rs. 240||Rs. 240||–|
|Grade Card Fee (per semester)||Rs. 60||Rs. 60||Rs. 60|
|Identity Card Fee||Rs. 300||Rs. 300||Rs. 300|
|Medical Facilities (per year)||Rs. 440||Rs. 440||Rs. 440|
|Library Deposit (at the time of joining) (Refundable)||Rs. 725||Rs. 725||Rs. 725|
|Total fee to be paid at the beginning of the course(Semester I)||Rs. 3455||Rs. 2625||Rs. 1850|
|Total fee to be paid in Semesters II, IV and VI||Rs. 1805||Rs. 975||Rs. 200|
|Total fee to be paid in Semesters III and V||Rs. 2245||Rs. 1415||Rs. 640|
Question – 3: For how many courses can I apply for admission at EFLU?
Answer: A candidate can apply for a maximum of two courses/programmes. The combination can be one course and one programme or two courses or two programmes. If you are provisionally selected in both the courses/programmes you have applied for, provisional admission will be offered in the course/programme where you score higher marks in the entrance test. The decision of the University on this matter will be final.
Question – 4: I want to get the state government scholarship at EFLU. What documents do I need to upload?
Answer: To get the scholarship, you will have to upload the following documents.
- Scanned photograph
- ID proof – voter card/ ration card/ passport
- Caste certificate (in case of applications under SC/ST/OBC quota)
- Supporting document for reservation against economically weaker section (EWS) quota
- PWD certificate (in case of differently-abled persons)
- WDP certificate (in case of wards of defence personnel)
Question – 5: I filled the application form but don’t want to take admission. Can I get the application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.