Candidates interested in admission to the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the DU School of Open Learning can apply for the same online. For undergraduate courses, selection of the candidates for admission will be done on the basis of qualifying exam marks. Candidates are shortlisted for admission into postgraduate courses on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam conducted by the university. The candidates can find the details regarding the DU SOL 2023 admission process in this post.
Latest: DU SOL 2023 PG registration is open till 14th August 2023.
DU SOL NCWEB 2023 application process has been started from 14th June 2023.
Table of Contents
Courses at DU SOL
List of all courses offered at the Delhi University School of Open Learning is provided below:
- BA (Hons) in Political Science
- BA (Hons) in English
- B.Com (Hons)
- MA in History
- MA in Political Science
- MA in Hindi
- MA in Sanskrit
DU SOL 2023 Important Dates
The table below presents the important dates (tentative) related to DU SOL 2023:
DU SOL NCWEB Registration Date: From 14th June 2023
For undergraduate courses:
|Availability of online application form||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date for submission of application form||August 2023, last week|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee of Rs. 100/-||September 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee of Rs. 200/-||October 2023, 1st week|
|Release of merit list||Yet to be announced|
|Admission process will commence from||Yet to be announced|
|Admission process will close on||Yet to be announced|
For postgraduate courses:
|Availability of online application form||1st July 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||14th August 2023|
|Issue of admit card||To be updated|
|Entrance exam date||To be updated|
|Declaration of result||To be updated|
|Admission process will commence from||To be updated|
|Admission process will close on||To be updated|
DU SOL Eligibility Criteria 2023
The candidates should meet the criteria prescribed below to be eligible for DU SOL admission 2023:
- Nationality: Indian national candidates, foreign national candidates residing in India and Indian nationals working in Indian missions abroad & their dependents can apply.
- Age limit: There is no age limit to apply for admission in DU SOL except for the courses where age limit is set by the respective regulatory bodies (MCI, AICTE etc).
For undergraduate courses:
- BA: The candidates need to clear their class 12th exam with not less than 40% marks in aggregate to be eligible for BA course.
- BA (Hons) in Political Science: Candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in any one language and 3 academic subjects. Vocational stream is not allowed.
- BA (Hons) in English: A pass in class 12th exam with at least 65% marks in aggregate and a minimum of 75% marks in English Core individually (65% marks in Functional English/ English Elective) is required. Vocational stream is not allowed.
- B.Com: Applicants who have cleared their class 12th exam scoring at least 40% marks in aggregate can apply.
- B.Com (Hons): Those with a pass in class 12th exam with no less than 55% marks in aggregate (60% marks for vocational/ technical stream) and Commerce as a subject are eligible.
For postgraduate courses:
- MA in History: Applicants with a BA (Hons) degree in History with not less than 60% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- MA in Political Science: The candidates should hold a BA (Hons) degree in Political Science with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- MA in Hindi: Those with a BA (Hons) degree in Hindi scoring at least 65% marks in aggregate (58.5% marks for OBC category) can apply.
- MA in Sanskrit: A BA (Hons) degree in Sanskrit with no less than 60% marks in aggregate (54% marks for OBC category) is required.
- M.Com: Candidates with a B.Com degree securing minimum 70% marks in aggregate (65% marks for CW/ PWD category, 63% marks for OBC category & pass marks for SC/ ST category) can apply.
DU SOL 2023 Application Form
The applicants can obtain the DU SOL 2023 application form through the official website of the university https://ncwebadmission.uod.ac.in/. Before filling the application form, the candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Candidates’ photograph, signature and other important documents should be uploaded into the application form in scanned format.
- After providing all the details correctly, the candidates can submit their form application online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates also need to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
- A copy of the duly filled and submitted application form should be taken and kept by the candidates for future reference.
- The candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 500/- per course (Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) as application fee.
- Payment of the application fee can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
DU SOL Admit Card 2023
- Successfully registered candidates can download their admit card for DU SOL exam 2023 from the official website.
- A hard copy of the admit card should be taken and carried to the exam center along with a valid identity proof.
- Venue and schedule of the entrance exam along with some basic details of the candidates will be printed in the admit card.
- Admit card should not be damaged or distorted or else it will not be considered as valid.
- It is suggested that the candidates take multiple printouts of the admit card to protect from loss or damage.
DU SOL 2023 Result
- The result of the DU SOL postgraduate entrance exam is expected to be declared in the month of August 2023 (tentatively).
- Applicants will be able to check their result online by visiting the official website of DU SOL.
- Those who score above the prescribed cut-off marks will be considered as qualified and merit list of such candidates will be drawn.
- For undergraduate courses, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
DU SOL Admission 2023
- Admission process of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted as per their names in the merit list.
- While reporting for admission, the candidates should carry all their important documents for verification.
- All the documents must be carried in original as well as self-attested photocopies.
- After successful verification of documents and eligibility, the candidates will be offered final admission.
- Candidates should complete all formalities of admission as per the given schedule.
Can I fill or submit my DU SOL application form through offline mode?
No. The DU SOL application form will only be made available through online mode. Applications filled and submitted through any other mode will not be considered.
Can I apply for more than one course at DU SOL?
A candidate can apply for as many courses at DU SOL for which he/ she fulfill the eligibility requirements.
Do I need to send any document to the DU SOL at the time of application?
No. Since the application process is completely online, there is no need for the candidates to send hard copy of any document to the university.
What if an ineligible candidate is able to secure admission in DU SOL?
If any candidate is found to be ineligible for admission, his/ her candidature will be canceled even if he/ she has secured admission by false means. Any fees submitted will not be refunded.
How can I get the study material for my course at DU SOL?
Candidates who are selected for admission can get the study material for their courses from the nearest regional center.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here