The candidates who wish to pursue their B.Ed degree programme from the Delhi University can apply for the admissions. The application form for DU B.Ed Admission 2020 will be released tentatively in the month of June. The admission is granted on the basis of performance in the entrance test conducted by the university. The exam is generally conducted in the month of July. The candidates can get the complete details of the DU B.Ed Admission 2020 such as application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, etc form this post.
Important Dates related to DU B.Ed Admission 2020
|Beginning of online registration||2nd week of June 2020|
|Last date for online registration||4th week of June 2020|
|Exams date||1st week of July 2020|
|Announcement of results||2nd week of July 2020|
|First admission list||3rd week of July 2020|
|Date to deposit admission fee||3rd week of July 2020|
|Commencement of classes||3rd week of July 2020|
DU B.Ed Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
The following is the DU B.Ed entrance exam pattern:
- Mode of examination: Offline
- Duration: 2 hours
- No of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Question paper language: English or Hindi
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Subject Knowledge at School Level||60||240|
|Reasoning, Teaching Aptitude and General Awareness||20||80|
|Language Proficiency (in English and Hindi)||20||80|
The following topics are covered under the syllabus of DU B.Ed entrance exam:
- Subject Knowledge at School Level: The knowledge of the subjects of Social Science, Science and Mathematics up to secondary level will be examined.
- Reasoning, General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude: The knowledge of logical, mathematical and verbal reasoning, general awareness and the candidates’ ability as a teacher will be tested.
- Language Proficiency: The proficiency of the candidates in understanding the English and Hindi language will be tested.
The following strategies can help the applicants in preparing for their B.Ed entrance exam:
- Make a time-table for your studies and follow it in a very strict manner. Do not make time-table for a long period. You can revise the time-table according to your preparation.
- Collect study material only from the reliable sources in order to ensure its authenticity.
- As you have enough time left for your preparation, do not rush through any topics.
- Make a habit of regular revision. With regular revision, all the topics will remain fresh in your mind.
- Proper food and sleep is also very important. Take a healthy diet and do not ignore your sleep.
DU B.Ed Admission 2020 Application Form
The online application form for DU B.Ed Admission 2020 will be released on the DU PG admissions portal link admission.du.ac.in. The candidates will have to provide their personal and educational details into the application form. The subject of teaching will also be selected at the time of form filling. After providing all the important information into the application form, it will be submitted along with the application fee. The fee payment can be done through online payment gateway. No changes in the form are allowed once the payment has been made. After the payment is made, the candidates should take a print of the form and keep it safe as it is required at the time of admission.
- For General/ OBC/ Other candidates: Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates: Rs. 250/-
DU B.Ed Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
The following eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to apply for the DU B.Ed Admission 2020:
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Master’s Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities/ Commerce or any other equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- Those who hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (BE/ B.Tech) with at least 55% marks in aggregate and specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other equivalent qualification are also considered eligible for admission.
- Candidates opting for Sociology, Psychology or Commerce as teaching subjects must have done post graduation in the respective subject.
- The candidates belonging to the OBC/ PWD category and the Children/ Widows of Armed Personnel, including Para Military Personnel, killed/ disabled in Action (C/ WAP) will be allowed a concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
- The minimum requirement for the SC/ ST candidates is that they only have to secure passing marks in their qualifying exam.
- The subject which the candidate selects as his/ her teaching subject must have been studied in the qualifying degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% marks in this subject.
DU B.Ed Admission 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for the entrance test for B.Ed admission will be made available on the official website of the Delhi University. All the candidates who have successfully submitted their application form will be able to download their admit card. The admit card will consist of the details of the exam such as its center, date and time. It is necessary for the candidates to carry their admit card to the center on the day of exam.
The result of the entrance exam conducted for DU B.Ed Admission 2020 will be declared in online mode. The candidates will be able to see their results by visiting the official website of the university. On the basis of performance of the candidates in the entrance exam, a merit list will be prepared. The applicants whose names appear in the merit list will be considered for admissions.