The official notification for DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) is released by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. The aim of this fellowship to encourage candidates to pursue research in the field of Biotechnologies and Life Science. The selection of candidates is done on the basis of the “Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)”. Interested candidates who want to apply must ensure that they are eligible. The application form will release in online mode only. Complete details related to the DBT JRF 2022 are given below.
Table of Contents
DBT JRF 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of DBT JRF 2022 is given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||3rd week of April 2022|
|Last date to register online||3rd week of May 2022|
|Availability of admit card||June 2022|
|Date of BET examination||Last week of June 2022|
|Display of question paper and answer keys||Last week of June 2022|
|Last date to accept representation of any discrepancy in Question paper and Answer Key||1st week of July 2022|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of July 2022|
DBT JRF 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is advised that candidates should check and make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. All the eligibility criteria for DBT JRF 2022 are given below.
- For General and EWS category candidates: Up to 28 years.
- SC/ ST/ Differently Abled/ Women Candidates: Up to 33 years
- OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates: Up to 31 years.
- Candidates must have any of the following degrees – M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/ B.E./ B.Tech.in any discipline of Biotechnology, M.Sc./ M.Tech. Bioinformatics/ Computational Biology, students admitted under DBT supported Postgraduate Teaching Programs. M.Sc. Life Science/ Bioscience/ Zoology/ Botany/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biophysics and Masters in Allied areas of Biology/ Life Sciences.
- Aspirants also need to have a minimum of 60% marks for General, EWS & OBC category and 55% for SC/ ST/Differently abled in aggregate in the qualifying degree examination.
DBT JRF 2022 Application Form
The application process of DBT JRF 2022 will take place in online mode only. Those who are looking to apply need to visit the official website i.e. www.rcb.res.in in order to access the application form.
- On the official website, the first thing candidates need to do is register themselves and create a profile.
- At the time of profile creation, aspirants are required to provide some of their basic details.
- Once registered, a User ID and password will be generated for every candidate.
- Next, candidates are required to log in and fill the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants have to enter the personal and qualification details.
- Along with the details, candidates are also required to upload scanned images of the following documents.
- Candidate’s passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format)
- Scanned signature of the candidate (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format)
- Date of Birth Proof (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG/PDF format). Date of Birth Proof can be the DOB certificate in English or if in regional language then a declaration in English; SSC Certificate; PAN Card; Aadhar Card; Passport.
- Qualifying Marks Certificate and Applicants appearing for Exam in 2022 have to upload scan copy of form in qualifying exam certificate duly filled and signed by HOD/HOI (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG/PDF format)
- Category/Caste Certificate (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG/PDF format). If applicable
- Differentially Abled Certificate (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG/PDF format). If applicable
- While filling in details in the application form, candidates are also required to select their Test city preferences.
- Along with the application form, aspirants also need to pay the necessary application fees.
- It is advised to take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
The application fees for candidates of different categories are as follows.
- General, EWS, and OBC category: Rs. 1000/-
- SC, ST, and differentially abled candidates: Rs. 250/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using card payment or net banking.
DBT JRF Admit Card 2022
- The admit card for DBT JRF 2022 will release online through the official website.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to visit the official website and provide their registration details.
- Information related to the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to carry their photo ID proof along with the admit card at the time of examination.
- It is advised to keep the admit card safe even after the examination.
DBT JRF 2022 Exam Pattern
The candidates will be selected based on the BET examination. The exam pattern of the same is explained below.
- Examination mode: Online CBT (Computer based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Parts of the examination: 2 (part A and part B)
- Number of questions: 100 questions
- Duration of the examination: 3 hours
- Maximum marks: 300 marks
- Marking pattern: Each question will carry 3 marks.
|Parts of the exam||Number of questions||Number of questions need to be attempted||Maximum Marks|
|Part A (General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, General aptitude, analytical, quantitative ability, general biotechnology, etc.)||50||50||3 * 50 = 150|
|Part B (Specific areas of Biotechnology)||150||50||3 * 50 = 150|
|Total||200 questions||100 questions||300 marks|
DBT JRF 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of DBT JRF examination is explained below.
Part – A: Aptitude & General Biotechnology
- Aptitude: Comprehension based questions, Verbal, Non-verbal reasoning, finding the odd-one-out, etc.
- General Biotechnology: Bio molecular structure and function, Methods in Biotechnology, Organization of structure and functions of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, Cellular processes, Recombinant DNA Technology, Genetics, Phylogeny & Evolution, Genomics and Proteomics.
Part – B: Specialized Branches in Biotechnology
- Agricultural Biotechnology: Plant Biology, physiology, molecular biology and seed technology, Tissue Culture, Transgenic Technologies and Biotechnology, Molecular Breeding and Genomics, Abiotic and Biotic Stress Biology, Biodiversity.
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology: Major Bioinformatics Resources, Database Searches, Sequence Analysis, Basic concepts, Structural Biology, Proteins, DNA & RNA secondary and tertiary structures, t-RNA tertiary structure, Classification and comparison of protein 3D structures, Application in drug design.
- Marine Biotechnology: Important marine organisms and their behavior, Marine resources assessment, Population study and marine environment protection, Oceanography, Types of marine microbes and their biology, Microbial Assessment, Role of microbes in marine environment, Culture systems and hatchery techniques, etc.
- Environmental Biotechnology: Basic Ecological Concepts and Principles, Chemistry of organic and inorganic chemicals polluting Environment, Environmental Pollution, Water Pollution, Waste Water Treatment systems, Treatment of Typical Industrial Effluents, Management of municipal, biomedical and agricultural solid waste, Environmental Pollution control, Environment friendly technologies, etc.
- Medical Biotechnology: Vaccinology, Immunotechnology, CMI and Imaging techniques, Genetics in Medical Practice, Genetics of Neurogenetic disorders, Genetic basis of eye disorders, Components of genetic counseling, Infections of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Host pathogen interactions in disease process, Antibody based diagnosis, Recombinant therapy, Immunotherapy, etc.
- Animal Biotechnology: Animal Physiology and Biochemistry, Histology and Embryology, Animal Parasitology, Animal Virology, Immunology, Pathology, Animal Genetics, Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Molecular Diagnostics.
- Soon after the examination, the exam authority will upload question papers and answer keys on the official website.
- Candidates will be able to match their answers with the answer keys.
- Aspirants will also get facilities to submit objections against answer keys in case of discrepancies.
- The result of aspirants will be prepared on the basis of final answer keys.
DBT JRF 2022 Result
- After the answer key, the exam authority will make the result available online through the official website.
- Aspirants will be able to check the result by entering their User ID and password.
- Information about the subject wise and total marks secured by candidates in the exam will be mentioned on the result card.
- The result card will also contain information about the rank secured by candidates in the exam.
- The merit list of candidates selected for the fellowship will be released along with the result.
- Authorities will publish a merit list in the form of a PDF file.
- The merit list will contain information about the list, application sequence numbers and names of candidates shortlisted for admission.
- Please note that there will be separate merit lists for candidates from different categories.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I submit the DBT JRF 2022 application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form must be submitted online mode through the official website.
Question – 2: Do I have to submit the hard copy of the application form submitted online?
Answer: No, there is no need to submit the hard copy of the application form submitted online.
Question – 3: Will there be an interview after the written exam?
Answer: Please note that there will be no interview in order to select candidates for the fellowship.
Question – 4: I will appear for the final year examination of my master’s degree in the year 2022. What documents do I have to upload in the application form?
Answer: You may upload the scanned copies of your latest mark sheet.