Engineering in Computer Science is a course where a student learns about the basics to advance concepts related to a computer system and its applications. After completing this course, a student gets proficiency in skills like data management, computer programming, etc. This branch of engineering always remains amongst the most popular courses after 12th. Go through this post to know more about the B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering admission 2022.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Engineering in Computer Science
Computer Science Engineering is considered as the most preferred engineering discipline. As the market competition is at the peak, therefore it’s quite difficult to analyze a stable career option. In such a scenario, Computer Science Engineering is providing a lucrative career opportunity for students because of the nation’s massive dependence on computer and software programs. Thus, suppose you just did your schooling and looking for an aspiring career alternative in the domain of engineering then choosing Computer Science Engineering could be a right thought decision. The article is all about Computer Science Engineering which includes its course & duration, jobs & career, expertise, expected salary, etc.
B.Tech/ B.E. in computer science – Course Overview
Interested candidates can have a basic overview of the B.Tech/ B.E course as given in the table below.
|Level of Course||Undergraduate|
|Duration of the course||4 years|
|Type of examination||Semester Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as a compulsory subject.|
|Process of Admission||Entrance exam based or 10+2 class exam based|
|Average course Fee||Rs. 80000/- to Rs. 1.5 lacs|
|Expected starting salary on average||Rs. 300000/- to Rs. 2000000/- per annum|
|Top companies||HCL, TCS, DXC, Accenture, etc.|
|Top Job positions||Software Developer, Testing Engineer, System Analyst, Database Manager, Technical Support Engineer, etc.|
Computer Science Engineering – Courses, Specialization & Duration
Talking about the major specializations for Computer Science & Engineering are Software Engineering, Compiler Design, Principles of Programming Languages, E-commerce & ERP and Multimedia Applications, Java Programming and Website Design, Foundations of Computer Systems, Computer Networks, Operating systems, Electronics, Database systems, Theory of computation and Computer architecture and organization. Students can pursue their career in the field of CSE just after completion of class X and XII. Duration of courses can vary from course to course; suppose you are interested in a diploma course then the duration will be for three years and in the case of bachelor’s course, the duration is for four years.
Eligibility Criteria for B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering Admission 2022
Given below are the general eligibility criteria for admission to B.E/ B.Tech course in computer science engineering.
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Aspirants should have studied Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in class 12th.
- Those candidates who will appear for the class 12th examination in the year 2022 are also eligible.
Common Entrance Exam for Admission to B.E/ B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
There are a lot of engineering colleges in India. Most of these engineering colleges offer admission based on different entrance examinations. Given below is the list of some of the most common entrance computer science engineering entrance exams 2022 conducted by the different authorities in India.
- JEE Main: This is the most popular engineering entrance examination in India. It is conducted by NTA in order to shortlist the candidates for admission to various engineering colleges including NTA, etc.
- JEE Advanced: Only those students are allowed to take the JEE Advanced examination who clears the JEE Main examination with flying colors. This examination is a gateway for admission to various IITs.
- LPU NEST: This examination is conducted by the Lovely professional university in order to offer admission to its various branch of engineering.
- IPU CET: IP university is the authority responsible for conducting this examination. Through this entrance exam, candidates can admission to various engineering colleges affiliated to the IP University.
- UPSEE: AKTU conducts the UPSEE examination with an aim to select the candidates for admission to different engineering colleges situated at various parts in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Some of the other popular engineering entrance examinations are – MHT CET, EAMCET, AMITY KEAM, WBJEE, BVP CET, CUEE, SRMJEE, etc.
How to prepare for Computer Science Engineering Entrance Examination?
Those candidates who are looking for admission my go through the following tips in order to prepare in a better way.
- First of all, you need to understand and go through the syllabus of entrance exams in which you are going to appear.
- Most of the entrance exams focus equally on Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. So, you need to study all three subjects equally. Unless you have a weakness in any of the subjects.
- Make sure you study on a daily basis. Remember, regular studies are the key to crack any entrance exam.
- Take the help of the latest learning aid and technology. For example – there are many lectures about all the subjects are available on the internet. So, you can take help from these lectures.
- Even though coaching centres can help you, it is advised that you should not completely rely on them.
Job Opportunities for Engineering in Computer Science
Once candidates have completed their education in computer science engineering they will work in any companies or organization with the following job profiles or designations:
- Systems Analyst
- E-commerce Specialist
- Computer Programmer
- Web Developer
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Hardware Engineer
- Networking Engineer
- System Designer
- System Engineer
Expected Salary in Computer Science Engineering
Probably you’re aware of the fact that the IT sector is counted as the highest salary provider sector. In this sector, a fresher candidate can get a salary in between 2 lakhs to 3 lakhs per annum. After having an experience, their salary will keep on increasing.
Best Computer Science Engineering College in India
If you’d like to get an information associated with the best Computer Science Engineering College in India then I’ll recommend you to follow the list of top Computer Science Engineering College in India mentioned below:
|College Name||Official Website|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||http://www.iitd.ac.in|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||http://www.iitr.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||http://www.iitk.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||http://www.iitb.ac.in|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||http://www.iitm.ac.in/|
|Delhi Technological University, Delhi||http://dtu.ac.in/|
|Jadavpur University, Kolkata||http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – I have completed my class 12th examination with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) subject group. Am I eligible for admission?
Answer: No, it is mandatory to have mathematics as a subject at the class 12th level in order to apply for admission to B. Tech in computer science.
Question – 2: What is the admission criteria to get admission to a good college like NIT?
Answer: Most of the colleges offer admission based on a different entrance examination. As far as NITs are considered, you have to clear the JEE Main 2022 examination in order to get admission to NITs.
Question – 3: What are the top engineering colleges to pursue B.Tech/ B.E in computer science apart from IITs?
Answer: Apart from IITs, some of the top engineering colleges in India to pursue this course are as follows.
- Anna University, Tamil Nadu
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Jadavpur University, West Bengal
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Amrita School of Engineering, Kerala
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, West Bengal
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Maharashtra
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Punjab
- Amity University Noida, UP
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Kerala
- Siksha `O` Anusandhan, Odisha
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Rajasthan
- Delhi Technological University
- Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy, Tamil Nadu
- Aligarh Muslim University, UP
- S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Odisha
- International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Tamil Nadu
Question – 4: What is the duration of a B.Tech course in computer science?
Answer: The duration of this course in 4 years.
Question – 5: Is it possible to get admission without any entrance exam?
Answer: Yes, there are many universities offering admission based on 10+2 merit list.
1 thought on “B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering Admission 2022: Application Form, Jobs, Best Colleges”
Thank you for sharing information about best engineering colleges in hyderabad for cse