Christian Medical College (CMC) is a very popular medical college located at Vellore, Tamil Nadu. The college has released the official notification for CMC Vellore Admission 2023 for PG nursing course. The candidates aspiring for the admission must note that all the courses at CMC are divided into two Groups i.e. Group A and Group B. Group A consist of MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, Allied Health Science degree courses. On the other hand, Group B has Diploma Nursing, AHS Diploma, MPH and M.Sc. courses.
The CMC Vellore Entrance exam for Group A(MBBS, BSc Nursing) & Group B(Diploma Nursing) may be conducted in June 2023. The online application form for PG Nursing course is available now.
Table of Contents
CMC Vellore MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc, MPH Admission 2023
- The application form for CMC Vellore admission to all the courses will release in online mode.
- With the aim of providing the admission to all the courses (except MBBS), the college will conduct the computer-based exam.
- Those candidates who will clear the computer-based exam need to go through a special test/ interview.
- The admission to MBBS is granted on the basis of NEET UG score and Tamil Nadu Management quota rank number.
- The eligibility criteria are different for all the courses. It is recommended to check the eligibility criteria carefully before submitting the application form.
Here is the official schedule for CMC Vellore 2023 Admission process.
|Application process starts from||March 2023|
|Application submission deadline||To be announced|
|Deadline for uploading the documents||To be announced|
|NEET scores submission||To be announced|
|Group A||Group B|
|Exam||To be announced||To be announced|
|List announcement for step – 2||To be announced||To be announced|
|Date of special test and interview (step- 2)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Selection result||To be announced||To be announced|
|Date of Registration||To be announced||To be announced|
|Classes would start from||To be announced||To be announced|
To be announced
The Eligibility Criteria for CMC Vellore Admission 2023 depends upon the course for which you are applying.
For Group-A courses
- The candidate must complete the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2023.
- The maximum age limit for B.Sc Nursing admission is 30 years (35 Years for SC/ ST candidates).
- For admission to B.Sc Audiology & Speech language, the age of a candidate should be less than 25 years as on 1st July 2023.
For Group – B courses
- The applicant must be older than 17 years as on 31st December 2023
- For PG Diploma in Assisted Reproductive Technology, the age of a candidate should be less than 30 years.
- The maximum age limit for admission to Diploma in Radio diagnosis Technology is 25 years.
The academic qualification necessary for admission to various courses are as follows:
MBBS (Duration: 4 years 6 months + 1 year internship)
- The applicants must obtain at least 50th percentile in the NEET Undergraduate 2023 exam. (40th percentile for the SC/ ST candidates)
- All candidates should pass the 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/ Biology and English subject. Must pass in each subject individually.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together)/Bio-technology. (40% for the BC/ MBC/ SC/ ST candidates)
B.Sc Nursing (Duration: 4 years + 1 year Junior Staff nurse)
- Please note that only unmarried women candidates are eligible for B.Sc Nursing admission.
- The candidates must clear the 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology (Zoology and Botany) subjects.
- It is compulsory that the candidate have at least 45% aggregate marks in Chemistry, English and Biology (Zoology and Botany) subjects (40% for SC/ ST candidates).
BPT (Duration: 4 years + 6 month internship)
- The aspirant must pass the class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 35% marks in Chemistry, Physics & Biology/ (Botany and Zoology taken together)
MPH (Master of Public Health) (Duration: 2 years)
- The applicant must possess any of the following degree – BDS, BVSc, MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, BOT, BPT, graduates of Ayush courses, Pharmacy & Engineering, PG degree in Demography, Statistics/ Biostatistics, Nutrition, Population Studies, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Anthropology, Social work, Law or Management.
- A candidate with any of the following degree can apply – MBBS/ M.Pharma/ BDS/ M.Sc in Nursing/ Biostatistics/ Statistics/ Nutrition/ Anatomy/ Biochemistry/ Pharmacology/ Physiology/ Microbiology and other medical related M.Sc/ BAMS/ BVSc/ BHMS/ BUMS/ MOT/ MPT/ MPH.
- The candidates looking to apply for CMC Vellore Admission 2023 can access the online application form through the official website i.e. http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in.
- Please note that the application form submitted via offline mode will be summarily rejected.
- In the application form, the candidates have to provide all the necessary educational, personal and contact details.
- The applicants should ensure that the phone number and email ID entered in the application form should remain active until the admission procedure gets over.
- In addition to the details, the aspirants need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in the application form.
- Upload the photograph and signature in JPEG format only.
- The size of the photograph and signature should be less than 80 KB and 50 KB respectively.
- In case the candidate is applying for more than one course then he/she need to give the preference of courses in the application form.
- After submitting the application form, the candidates need to pay the prescribed application fee.
- The application number will be generated after the payment of application fee.
- Take the print out of the application confirmation page for future reference. Do not send the same to the registrar office.
- The candidates have to send the proof of application fee payment along with the following document to the registrar office.
- Copy of caste certificate (if applicable)
- Application for UG college recommendation for Minority Network category for Christians with other relevant certificates (If applicable)
- Application for Nursing college recommendation for Minority Network category for Christians with other relevant certificates (If applicable)
- Please send the documents to the following address.
Office of the Registrar,
CMC, Vellore 632002
Note: The candidate will receive an SMS stating the successful registration within a week of final submission of the application form. In case the candidates do not receive the confirmation SMS then they may check the same by sending an email to [email protected]
Details to be filled by the MBBS applicants
- After the declaration of NEET UG 2023 result, the candidates looking for admission to MBBS need to provide their NEET UG roll number, results and All India rank.
- The applicants have to login to the official application portal in order to submit NEET UG result and roll number.
- The candidates can also take MBBS admission in Tamil Nadu Selection Committee Management quota seats. For these seats, the candidates have to submit their Tamil Nadu Management quota rank number and ARNo. The facility to enter this information will available after the release of Tamil Nadu Selection Committee rank list for management quota seats.
- The application fee for CMC Vellore admission 2023 includes an administration fee of Rs. 800 applicable for all the candidates.
- Total fees applicable for different courses are as follows:
- Group A courses (MBBS, B.Sc (Nursing) & AHS degree courses – Rs. 1300/- (Rs. 800 + Rs. 500)
- Diploma in Nursing and other AHS diplomas/ Fellowships – 600/- (Rs. 500 + Rs. 100)
- MPH and M.Sc courses – 1300/- (Rs. 800 + Rs. 500)
- The candidates can pay the application fee in online mode using a credit card, debit card or Internet banking.
- In addition to online, the candidate may submit the application fee by cash using a bank challan at any branch of ICICI bank.
- The selection process for CMC Vellore admission 2023 depends upon the course for which the candidate is opting for.
- The admission to MBBS will be provided on the basis of NEET UG score or Tamil Nadu Management quota rank number and ARNo.
- For the rest of the courses, the candidates have to clear Step – I (Computer Based Test) and step – II (Special Tests & Interviews)
The institute will conduct the entrance exam for all the courses except MBBS.
- The exam will take place in online mode (Computer-based Test)
- For Admission to Group-A degree courses, the test will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry & Biology followed by an Aptitude assessment.
- For Group B diploma courses (with science paper), the test will have multiple choice questions in physics, chemistry and biology. Additionally, some questions will be based on general ability with emphasis on Speed and Accuracy. This test will also have questions on current topical interest.
- The exam paper for Group B (Non science), will contain Multiple choice questions on basic science, current awareness, general knowledge, and general ability.
- All questions will be asked in English language only.
- The computer-based test will take place in the following cities – Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Calicut, Ernakulam, Delhi, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Kottayam, Kolkata, Madurai, Lucknow, Nagercoil, Mumbai, Salem, Puducherry, Vellore, Thiruvananthapuram, and Vijayawada.
- The admit Card or Hall ticket for CMC Vellore Entrance Exam 2023 will release 1 week prior to the date of exam.
- Please note that the Hall ticket is common for Group A and Group B courses (except for the MBBS)
- In order to download the hall ticket, the candidates have to enter application number as user ID and date of birth as password.
- It is compulsory for candidates to carry the hall ticket at the exam center.
- In case of any problem with the admit card, the candidates can contact the registrar by email at [email protected], or by phone/ fax (0416 – 2262788/2262268).
Result Declaration of Step – I (Computer Based Test)
- After conducting the computer-based test, the authorities will invite the candidates to participate in step II.
- The list of candidates selected for step II will release on the notice boards in the College and Main Hospital campuses, CMC, Vellore.
- The authorities will also publish this list on the official website i.e. http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in.
- Additionally, the institute will also send the invitation letter by email/ speed post to the candidates shortlisted for step – II.
Step – 2 (Special Tests and Interview)
- The candidates who will clear the step – I can take part in the special tests and Interview.
- Christian students who will apply for B.Sc Nursing, Diploma Nursing and Allied Health Science degree courses, under Minority Network category need to clear a test on Bible Knowledge. This test will include multiple choice questions.
- At the time of special tests and Interview, the candidates have to carry their original documents for the verification purpose.
Result and Merit List
- After the special test and Interview, the authorities will release the list of provisionally selected candidates on notice board and official website.
- Please note that the college will release a separate merit list for open and minority network seats.
- Apart from the merit list, the authorities will also publish a waiting list for each subject.
- The candidates who will get their name in the merit list have to visit the college for completing the rest of the admission formalities.
- The applicants selected for admission need to visit the respective college and register themselves for the course.
- In case the candidate does not report for the registration process, then the institute will invite the candidates from the waiting list.
- Please note that the candidates have to carry their original document at the time of registration for the course.
- The admission is subjected to medical fitness checkup. The Medical Board, CMC, Vellore will give the medical fitness clearance.
2 thoughts on “CMC Vellore MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc, MPH Admission 2023”
Please send me the form of medical ug exam ,how will I get the forms n when
Form kab nikalege