Admission to various management colleges across the country is done on the basis of a Common Management Admission Test conducted by the NTA. All the participating institutes will shortlist the candidates on the basis of CMAT score for enrolment to their management degree program. Application form will be released online and the admission test will also be held through online mode. It is expected that the application form will release in the month of November 2021. This article provides complete details related to CMAT 2022.
CMAT 2022 Important Dates
In the table below, the important dates (tentative) related to CMAT 2022 is provided:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of November 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of November 2021|
|Last date for making payment of application fee||1st week of December 2021|
|Last date for providing choice of exam city||1st week of December 2021|
|Issue of admit card||1st week of January 2022|
|Date of online admission test||Last week of January 2022|
|Declaration of result||1st week of February 2022|
|Counseling process will commence from||To be notified later|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions mentioned below can apply for CMAT 2022 exam:
- The candidates of Indian nationality are only eligible to apply.
- The candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university in order to eb eligible.
- Applicants who are in final year of their undergraduate degree program awaiting their result are eligible too given that they clear the exam before beginning of admission process.
CMAT 2022 Application Form
The applicants will be able to obtain the CMAT application form 2022 through the official website of NTA www.cmat.nta.nic.in. Before filling the application form, the candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- After this, a system generated application number will appear on the screen which should be noted by the candidates.
- Photograph and signature of the candidate in scanned format should then be uploaded into the application form.
- After providing all the details correctly into the form, the candidates can submit it online with a prescribed amount of application fee.
- A confirmation page will be generated after this, copy of which should be taken and kept safe by the candidates for self-reference.
- Once the confirmation page is generated successfully, the candidates can proceed with providing their choice for exam center.
Category-wise application fee structure for CMAT 2022 is provided in the table below:
|For boys||For girls|
|For General category candidates||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|For Gen-EWS/ OBC category candidates||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|For SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 700/-|
|For Transgender candidates||Rs. 700/-|
Mode of payment:
- Payment of the application fee can be done through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking/ UPI/ Paytm.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2022
The basic overview of CMAT exam pattern 2022 is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Computer based test
- Duration of exam: 180 minutes
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 100 questions
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 400 marks
- Marking scheme: For every right answer 4 marks will be given.
- Negative marking: For every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25 questions||100 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||25 questions||100 marks|
|Language Comprehension||25 questions||100 marks|
|General Awareness||25 questions||100 marks|
|Total||100 questions||400 marks|
CMAT 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card for the admission test will be made available on the official website of NTA.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card using details such as application number, date of birth, etc.
- After downloading, the candidates need to take a printout of the admit card and carry it with them to the exam center.
- Those carrying the admit card, an identity proof (valid, non-expired), a photograph and PWD certificate will only be allowed to enter the exam hall and give their exam.
- The applicants should keep their admit card safe and therefore it is advised that they take multiple copies of the same with them.
CMAT Answer Key 2022
- After the exam is conducted, the NTA will display answer keys & question paper attempted by the candidate on the official website cmat.nta.nic.in
- Candidates, who are not satisfied with the answer keys, may challenge it by filling an online application form and paying a processing charge of Rs. 1000/- per question.
- Processing charge can be paid by credit card/ debit card/ net banking and once paid it is non-refundable.
- The decision of NTA on the answer key challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained.
CMAT 2022 Result
- Result of the CMAT exam will be declared online tentatively in the month of February 2022.
- To check their result and download the score card, the candidates will have to use their roll number.
- The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys and therefore no request for re-evaluation will be entertained from the candidates.
- Further process of admission of the candidates will be carried out according to their score in the exam.
CMAT Selection Process 2022
- Candidates must apply separately to the desired participating institutes on the basis of their CMAT score.
- Each participating institute will release their respective cut-off score which candidates should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular institute.
- Once qualified, the candidates will have to appear for selection procedure of that institute which may comprise of group discussion and personal interview round.
- Final selection of the candidates will be on the basis of their performance in CMAT & GD-PI round.
CMAT 2022 FAQs
Question 1: Can I get a refund on application fee if I do not wish to appear for the exam?
Answer: No refund for the submitted application fee will be granted under any condition expect in the case where payment is deducted twice. Otherwise, no request for the same should be made.
Question 2: Is there any age restriction to apply for CMAT 2022?
Answer: No. There is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT 2022.
Question 3: Where can I find the details about the admission process of participating institute?
Answer: Candidates will be able to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of CMAT by visiting their respective website.
Question 4: What if I fail to secure admission in the given time period?
Answer: Candidates who fail to secure admission within the prescribed time limit will forfeit their seats and lose their candidature.
Question 5: In case of query, whom should I contact?
Answer: NTA has established a Query Redressal System (QRS), to enable submission of queries by the registered candidates with 24×7 facility for speedy and favorable redressal of the queries. A unique registration number will be generated for tracking the status of the queries.