The Consortium of National Law Universities is the authority that shoulders the responsibility of conducting the Common Law Admission Test 2022. Those candidates who want to pursue their career in the field of Law then it is a very important exam. It is a national level examination that offers admission to UG and PG law admission in LLB, LLB 5 year Integrated, LLM, etc courses. A lot of reputed colleges including 22 NLUs accept CLAT scores in order to provide admission. In this article, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the CLAT 2022 exam.
CLAT 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the CLAT 2022 are as follows.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||1st week of January 2022|
|Last date for the submission of application form||2nd week of July 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd week of September 2022|
|Date of examination||Last week of September 2022|
|Declaration of result||October 2022|
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for taking the CLAT 2021 exam are as follows.
CLAT for UG Courses
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2022.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam with at least 45% or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories. 40% marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
CLAT for PG Courses
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for appearing in CLAT 202 exams for PG courses
- Educational Qualification: Candidates need to have an LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI categories and 45% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
Note: Those candidates who will appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2022 are also eligible.
CLAT 2022 Application Form
The application form for the CLAT 2022 examination will release in online mode only. Those eligible candidates who want to apply may check out the application instructions given below.
- To start the application process, candidates have to visit the official website i.e. consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
- At the time of registration, aspirants need to provide their personal mobile number and email ID.
- After registration, candidates will receive login credentials on their registered phone number, and email address.
- In the next step, aspirants have to sign-in using the credentials generated at the time of registration.
- Once logged in, candidates have to provide completed educational, personal, and contact details.
- Along with the details, aspirants have to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph, and signature.
- Apart from this, candidates are also required to pay the necessary amount as the application fee.
- It is also required to take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
Documents to be uploaded with the online application
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ ST/ OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if the candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by a competent authority if you are coming under the BPL category
The application fee for the CLAT 2022 exam is given below.
- Application fee for General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI candidates : Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
Note: The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs. 500/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Once the application form submission gets over, authorities will release the admit card in online mode.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to provide their necessary registration details.
- The examination date, time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- All the candidates must download the admit card and take a printout of the same at the examination venue.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam without an admit card.
- Keep the admit card safe even after the exam for future references.
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of CLAT 2022 is different for both UG and PG courses as given below.
For UG Course
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer based test)
- Duration of examination: 2 hours
- Language: English Only.
- Total number of questions: 150
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Sections: Quantitative Techniques, English, Current Affairs, Deductive Reasoning, Logical Reasoning
|Subjects||Number of questions|
|English Language||28 – 32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge||35 – 39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Legal Reasoning||35 – 39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Logical Reasoning||28 – 32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Quantitative Techniques||13 – 17 questions, or roughly 10% of the paper|
For PG Course
- Mode of questions: Online (computer based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 120
- Maximum Marks: 120
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
- Section: The examination will have two sections
- Constitutional Law
- Other areas of law such as Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law
CLAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of CLAT 2022 UG examination is given below.
- English Language: Read and comprehend the main point discussed in the passage, as well as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage, Draw inferences and conclusions based on the passage, Summarise the passage, Compare and contrast the different arguments or viewpoints set out in the passage, and Understand the meaning of various words and phrases used in the passage
- Current Affair including General Knowledge: Contemporary events of significance from India and the world, Arts and culture, International affairs, and Historical events of continuing significance.
- Legal Reasoning: Identify and infer the rules and principles set out in the passage, Apply such rules and principles to various fact situations, and understand how changes to the rules or principles may alter their application to various fact situations.
- Logical Reasoning: Recognize an argument, its premises and conclusions, Read and identify the arguments set out in the passage, Critically analyse patterns of reasoning, and assess how conclusions may depend on particular premises or evidence, Infer what follows from the passage and apply these inferences to new situations, Draw relationships and analogies, identify contradictions and equivalence, and assess the effectiveness of arguments.
- Quantitative Technique: Derive, infer, and manipulate numerical information set out in such passages, graphs, or other representations. Applying various 10th standard mathematical operations on such information, including from areas such as ratios and proportions, basic algebra, mensuration and statistical estimation
CLAT 2022 Result
- After conducting the exam, authorities will release the provisional answer key of CLAT.
- Candidates will get the chance to appeal against the answer keys. Then, after considering the appeal of candidates, authorities will publish the final merit list.
- Then, after the release of answer keys, authorities will publish the result.
- To check the result, aspirants have to provide their application number and date of birth.
- Along with the result, authorities will also release the merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- Those candidates who will be shortlisted based on the cut off marks will be invited to take part in the counselling.
- In the counselling process, aspirants have to provide the choice of college in which they want to study.
- In order to get the admission, candidates need to get their documents verified.
- To get the admission confirmed, aspirants have to get the verified document and pay the necessary admission fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the CLAT 2022 exam will be conducted?
Answer: The examination will be conducted online (Computer Based Test)
Question – 2: Is it possible to get and submit the application form for CLAT in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 3: When will the application form for CLAT 2022 release?
Answer: The application form will release in the month of January 2022.
Question – 4: In which city do I need to appear for the examination?
Answer: All the candidates will get a chance to select 3 examination centre cities while filling the application form. One out of these 3 cities will be allotted to the candidates for the examination centre.
Question – 5: Which national law universities accept the score of CLAT?
Answer: Given below are the list of participating universities that accepts the CLAT score.
- National Law School of India University(NLSIU), Bangalore
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU), Aurangabad
- NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur(MNLU), Nagpur
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU), Mumbai
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences(WBNUJS), Kolkata
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS) Tiruchirappalli
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA), Assam
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Odisha
- RMLNLU Lucknow
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- National Law University, Jabalpur