CLAT 2018 – Application form for CLAT 2018 is available from January 1, 2018. Common Law Admission Test commonly known as CLAT is one of the popular and National level law entrance exams. The CLAT 2018 will be conducted by 17 law universities in India for offering admission to eligible candidates in different UG and PG courses such as Integrated L.L.B and L.L.M. Candidates seeking admission in Law courses under various reputed law universities of India must submit the application form before the scheduled date. CLAT 2018 Application form will be obtainable from 1st January 2018. Aspirants can check all important about CLAT Exam 2018 in this article below.
CLAT 2018 application form has been released now. Candidates can access the application form by clicking the link below
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2018
CLAT 2018 eligibility should be checked by the candidates before applying. Those who satisfy all the eligibility norms will be allowed to appear in the exam and selection process. The important CLAT eligibility criteria are listed below.
For Undergraduate Integrated courses
- Applicants must have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examination with no less than 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates from SC/ST category).
- Candidates, who are appearing in 10+2 examination or equivalent, may apply for the entrance exam. However, they have to produce proof of their passing qualifying examination at the time of admission.
- The maximum CLAT 2018 age limit is 20 years (for UR/NRI/NRI Sponsored) and 22 years (for candidates from SC/ST/OBC/Specially Abled Persons) as on 1st July.
For Postgraduate courses
- Applicant should have done LL.B or equivalent degree with at least of 55% marks (open categories) and 50% marks (in case of SC/ST category).
- Applicants pursuing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in CLAT. Provided they have to show the passing certificate of their qualifying examination at the time of admission.
- There is no prescribed upper age limit for PG courses
CLAT 2018 Important dates
Candidates may find below important dates associated with CLAT 2018. Currently, the authority has released the CLAT 2018 exam date only. We’ll update other dates soon after the announcement of its official notification.
CLAT 2018 Application Form: How to apply?
Find below all important details related to CLAT application form. These details are very crucial in terms of making application for the exam.
- Aspirants can apply online through the official website of authority;
- Fill all mandatory fields carefully given in the form. Registration is the first step towards completing the application procedure. Upon completion of the registration process, the authority will share the login credentials with candidates via mail and SMS;
- According to the last year CLAT notification, it can be expected that the form would be accessible from January 2018 onward. Candidates should apply online and not send the hard copy of CLAT 2018 application form to the concerned authority;
- Candidates also have to fill their preference for all eighteen NLU’s at the time of applying online;
- Along with that, they need to upload the self-attested copies of relevant certificate at the space provided in the application form;
- Candidates may download their respective admit card simply by logging into their account. We’ll update you regarding the availability of CLAT admit card;
- An incomplete application is liable to be rejected by the concerned authority. Therefore, candidates are instructed to apply as per the prescribed format and before the given deadline;
- Candidates, who are seeking admission to NRI/NRI Sponsored seats, they have to appear for CLAT 2018 examination;
CLAT 2018 Application Fee
- Candidates of General / OBC / SAP and other category candidates: Rs. 4000/–
- Fee for SC/ST category candidates: Rs. 3500/-
- Previous years question papers cost Rs. 400/ (It is not included in the CLAT-2017 fee of Rs. 4,000/-)
Examination Pattern for CLAT 2018
Check out here the prescribed CLAT 2018 exam pattern. The information is taken from the last year official notification and it may be updated according to the notification for the session 2018-19.
For undergraduate courses
- The exam will conduct in online mode (computer-based mode).
- The paper will comprise MCQs type question of 200 marks from English including Comprehension; General Knowledge and Current Affairs; Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability); Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning;
- Each right answer will be awarded one mark.
- For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- The exam will be held in the English language.
- The duration of CLAT 2018 exam will be 2 hours.
|Sl. No||Subjects Involved||Marks|
|1.||English including Comprehension||40 Marks|
|2.||General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Marks|
|3.||Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Marks|
|4.||Legal Aptitude||50 Marks|
|5.||Logical Reasoning||40 marks|
For Postgraduate Courses
- The exam will conduct through online mode (computer-based mode).
- The paper will comprise 150 MCQs type question of 150 marks from Constitutional Law; Jurisprudence and other law subjects such as such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law,
International Law, Environment Law and Human Rights.
- Each right answer will be awarded one mark.
- For each wrong response, .25 marks will be deducted.
- The entrance test will be held in the English language.
- The duration of exam will be 2 hours.
CLAT Exam Pattern: Check Here
CLAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of the CLAT entrance exam will be set by the conducting university. The CLAT 2018 syllabus is not predefined as it changes every year. The entrance test will include questions from General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Constitutional Law subjects.
Candidates will be able to download their CLAT 2018 admit card through online mode only in the month of April 2018 (tentatively). No other mode will be entertained by the conducting authority except online. Candidates must bring their admit card along with identity proof such as Aadhar Card/ Passport/ Voter ID/ Driving license on the examination day. Here is the manual method by using which you can download your admit card:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of CLAT exam conducting authority;
- You’ll find a login window appeared on the screen;
- Now, you need to enter your registered email ID and password;
- After entering the details, you need to hit the login window;
- You’ll find your admit card available on the screen;
- Keep the hard copy of the same for appearing in the exam and future reference;
After the successful completion of the exam, the official answer key will be released by the authority and some other coaching institutes. The answer key will facilitate candidates to calculate and to get a rough idea about their scores in the examination.
CLAT 2018 Result
The Result of CLAT 2018 will be declared in the month of May 2018 (tentative). It will be announced by officials on the CLAT official website. After the declaration of CLAT result, the CLAT 2018 merit list will be released most probably in the first week of June 2018.
CLAT 2018 Counselling
The selection of candidates for admission to Undergraduate and postgraduate courses in CLAT 2018 participating universities will be done via centralized counselling. The allocation of seats will be done on the basis of the merit-cum-preference.