Get here complete details of the course ‘Chemical Engineering’: The details such as the list of best colleges in India offering courses in Chemical Engineering, job scope of Chemical Engineering and more are provided in this post.
Table of Contents
About Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering is a core engineering branch that deals with the study of physical science, life science together with applied mathematics to produce and make proper use of chemicals, materials and energy. The functionality of the chemical engineering is to convert chemicals, raw materials, living cells, microorganisms and energy into useful forms and products. The main role of chemical engineers is the designing of efficient processes for production and management of chemicals, fuels, foods, pharmaceuticals, etc.
Check out the basic overview of the BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering course in the table below. Candidates can opt for this course after 12th for pursuing their graduation and postgraduation degree.
|Course level||Graduation level course|
|Course duration||4 years|
|Minimum eligibility||Candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.|
|Admission process||On the basis of entrance exam or merit list as per the rules of the institute applying to.|
|Job area||Chemical Processing Industry, Food Industry, Oil & Gas Industry, Pharmaceuticals Industry, Plastic Industry, Water Treatment Plants, Metal Industry, Pulp & Paper Industry, Power Plants|
|Job position||Chemical Engineer, Food Processing Engineer, Pharmaceutical Consultant, Energy Process Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Quality Manager, Nuclear Engineer, Biotechnologist, Petroleum Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Materials Engineer, Production Manager|
Candidates aspiring to appear in engineering entrance exams 2023 for BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering admission should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates need to pass their class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- It is also required that the candidates score prescribed minimum marks in their class 12th exam to be eligible for admission to BE/ BTech Chemical Engineering course.
- Those are appearing in their class 12th exam in the year 2023 will be eligible for admission on provisional basis. Such candidates must attain the minimum eligibility before the starting of the admission process.
- Applicants holding a 3-year diploma in a related field of specialization can apply for lateral entry to 2nd year of BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering course.
- Other than this, there might be some specific eligibility criteria prescribed for BE/ BTech Chemical Engineering admission by different colleges. These criteria should be checked by visiting the official website of the concerned college.
The admission process to BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering degree program can be broken down into the following steps:
- Submission of application: Admission process begins with the release of application form. The form is released through different modes on different dates by each university.
- Appearing in the entrance exam: Successfully registered candidates then need to appear for and clear the entrance conducted by the university.
- Preparation of merit list: Candidates who clear the exam, a merit list with their names will be drawn. Some university do not conduct entrance exam and prepare the merit list on the basis of candidates marks in class 12th exam.
- Participating in counseling process: Candidates with names in merit list are invited to appear in counseling round where their documents are verified and seats are allotted to the candidates.
- Final admission: After successful completion of counseling process, final admissions are granted to the candidates.
Career, Jobs and Remuneration: Chemical Engineering
The service of an expert Chemical Engineer is needed in almost core engineering fields such as food technology, chemical manufacturing, pesticides, plastics, polymer industries, pharmaceutical industries, atomic power plants and defense setups. Comparing with any other engineering field, the chemical engineer can ensure high salary package. In India, the basic salary of a chemical engineer at a reputed organization is ranging between Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 30,000/-.
Educational Institutes Offering Chemical Engineering Programme
There are lots of institutes in India offering courses in the Chemical Engineering: As it is a highly demanded course, the seats are allotted after seeing the performance of candidates from the written exams and interviews. The Chemical Engineering stream is available in most of the IITs in the country. For undergraduate level, 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate and a good score in IIT JEE is required to join graduate level chemical engineering at India. In addition to the B.Tech programs, the Chemical Engineering stream is available at M.Tech and research levels as well.
List of Best Institutes in India Offering Chemical Engineering
Below here, we have provided the list of best institutes in India offering BE/ B.Tech course in Chemical Engineering.
|Name of the College||Official Website|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||http://www.iitb.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||http://www.iitd.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||http://www.iitk.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras||https://www.iitm.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||http://www.iitr.ac.in/|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science||http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Banaras Hindu University||http://www.iitbhu.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati||http://www.iitg.ac.in/|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||http://www.nitt.edu/|
|National Institute of Technology, Surathkal||http://www.nitk.ac.in/|
Question 1: I want to pursue my BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering degree program from an IIT or NIT. How can this happen?
Answer: To pursue BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering degree program from IIT you need to clear JEE Main and JEE Advance exam. For enrolment to NITs, candidates qualifying the JEE Main alone are eligible.
Question 2: What is the average duration of BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering degree course?
Answer: The minimum duration of the BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering degree program is 4 years for class 12th passed candidates and minimum 3 years for diploma holders.
Question 3: Can you name some recruiters who hire engineers with a BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering degree?
Answer: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum, Tata Chemicals Ltd, Pidilite Industries Ltd, Reliance Petroleum Limited, Essar Oil Limited, Hindustan Lever Ltd, Larsen & Toubro Ltd, Nuclear Power Corporation of India are some of the top companies hiring chemical engineers.
Question 4: Are there any age criteria for applying to BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering admission 2023?
Answer: There might be any age criteria prescribed by the different universities for admission to their BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering degree program. Details can be found from the official websites of a particular university in which the candidate seeks admission.
Question 5: Apart form IITs and NITs what are the best colleges for pursuing BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering degree program?
Answer: Here are listed some of the best colleges offering BE/ BTech in Chemical Engineering, other than IITs and NITs:
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
- Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement (GITA)
- Lovely Professional University (LPU)
- Anna University
- VIT University
- Laxminarayan Institute of Technology
- Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology, AMU
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (BITS)
- KIIT School of Engineering
1 thought on “BE/ BTech Chemical Engineering Admission 2023: Eligibility, How to Apply, Career, Job”
Kitne mark chahiy mh-cet