The Chhatisgarh Pre Engineering Test 2023 (CG PET 2023) exam will be organized by the Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board which is also known as Chhattisgarh Vyapam. Through this exam, the candidates will be shortlisted for admission to B.E/ B.Tech courses at the various colleges in the state of Chhattisgarh. The admission will be offered into agricultural engineering, dairy technology and other branches of engineering. The candidates seeking admission through CG PET 2023 need to fill and submit the online application form.
Please note that only the candidates from Chhattisgarh can apply for this exam. It is being expected that the application process of CG PET 2023 has been started from 17th May 2023. This is going an offline exam where the candidates need to answer on an OMR sheet.
Latest: CG PET 2023 is available from 17th May 2023.
Table of Contents
CG PET 2023 Overview
Here are some main highlights of CG PET 2023 exam.
- The application form might release in the month of March 2023 in online mode.
- Only the candidates from Chhattisgarh can apply for this exam.
- It is an offline exam in which the candidates have to answer 150 questions in 3 hours.
- There will be no negative marking in this exam.
- The exam is expected to be held at around 27 centers in the state of Chhattisgarh.
- No correction window will be provided after the final submission of application form.
The official schedule for the CG PET 2023 exam is given below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||17th May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||8th June 2023|
|Releasing of admit card||19th June 2023|
|Date of Exam||25th June 2023|
|Result Declaration||To be updated|
CG PET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CG PET 2023 exam will be as follows
- Mode of Examination: Offline Mode (Pen and Paper Based Exam)
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions will be asked
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be given for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking
- Total number of Questions: 150
Distribution of questions and marks
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
CG PET 2023 Syllabus
The subject wise important topics for CG PET 2023 exam are as follows:
Physics: Measurement, Kinematics, Force And Laws Of Motion, Work Energy And Power, Rotational Motion And Moment Of Inertia, Gravitation, Properties Of Solid And Fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillation, Waves, Light, Magnetism, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Effect of Electric Current, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electron , Photon and Radio Activity, Semiconductor.
Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Bond, Solutions, Solid State, Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Ionic Equilibrium, Thermo-chemistry and Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Etc.
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-Ordinate Geometry Of Two Dimensions, Co-Ordinate Geometry Of Two Dimensions, Vector Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Statistics, Numerical Methods, Information Technology.
CG PET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the CG PET 2023 exam, the candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidates should be a resident of Chhattisgarh.
For B.Tech/ B.E
- The applicant should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the Biology/ Chemistry/ Technical vocational/ Biotechnology subjects.
- The application must also have at least 50% marks at the 10+2 level (40% for the SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically disabled candidates)
For B.Tech (Dairy Technology)
- The candidates must have cleared the 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics subjects.
- The aspirant must have scored more than 50% marks at 10+2 level (40% for the SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically disabled candidates)
- The age of an applicant should be more than 17 years as on 31st December 2023.
CG PET 2023 Application Form
- The application form for the CG PET 2023 exam is available on the official portal of the board.
- To fill the application form, the candidates first need to register on the official website.
- After registration, the aspirant can fill the application form by providing all the required educational, personal and contact details.
- After entering the details, the candidates need to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
- Then, the candidate should verify the details entered and submit the application form if everything is correct.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the submitted application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Note: The candidates should fill the application form carefully because no correction window will be provided after the submission of application form.
The application form is not valid unless the candidate pays the application fee. The application fee for the candidates of different categories will be as follows:
- General Candidates: Rs. 200/-
- OBC Candidates: Rs. 150/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates: Rs. 100/-
Mode of Payment: The application fee will be paid online using a debit card, credit card and net banking.
CG PET 2023 Admit Card
- All the candidates who will submit the application form before the last date will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidates need to provide their registration number and password.
- All the important details regarding the CG PET 2023 exam such as exam date, time and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidates will be allowed to give the exam without a valid admit card.
- The admit card should be kept safe till the admission process gets completed.
CG PET 2023 Result
- Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board will release the result of CG PET 2023 on its official website.
- The candidate will be able to download their result card by entering their roll number.
- The result card will contain the marks scored by the candidate along with his/her rank.
- Only the successful candidates will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
CG PET 2023 Counselling
- The candidates will be invited to participate in the counselling process as per the rank obtained by them.
- The counselling for CG PET and IIT JEE qualified candidates will be held separately.
- At the time of counselling process, the candidates need to enter their choice of colleges.
- In addition to this, the documents of the candidates will also be verified at the time of counselling.