Central University of Kerala Ph.D. Admissions: CU Kerala is going to invite applications from eligible candidates for admission to PhD programmes for the academic session 2020-21. The university offers full-time or part-time PhD courses in various disciplines.
Eligible candidates can apply for the Ph.D. programme in their relevant field of specialization as per the prescribed schedule. The application process of Central University of Kerala Ph.D. Admissions will probably commence in the month of May 2020. Candidates can get more details on CUK PhD Admission from the article mentioned below on this page.
CUK offers Ph.D. courses under the following specializations:
- Genomic Science
- Animal Science
- Plant Science
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- International Relations
- English & Comparative Literature
Central University of Kerala Ph.D. Admissions Important Dates (tentative)
The tentative schedule of CU Kerala PhD admission is given below:
|Application process will start from||May 2020|
|Last date for the submission of application form||June 2020|
Candidates must satisfy the prescribed eligibility criteria of CU Kerala PhD admission before applying. The CUK PhD admission eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants should have done the Master’s Degree in the concerned subject scoring a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale from a recognized University. There will be a relaxation of 5% in marks for candidates from SC/ST category.
- Aspirants have to appear for Doctoral Entrance Test (DET) for admission to the Ph.D. course.
Categories exempted from appearing in the Doctoral Entrance Test DET
- Applicants who qualified under ICMR / UGC-CSIR NET / NBHM / GATE / ICAR / ICSSR / DBT / KSCSTE / INSPIRE or State Eligibility Tests recognized for the purpose by the University will be exempted from appearing in the entrance test.
- Phil degree holders, including Integrated MPhil Degree holders of this University, scoring at least CGPA of 6.0 are apply for direct admission. However, they means to pursue the Phd programme in the allied/same/ relevant subject as that of the MPhil degree.
- Aspirants with research fellowships given by a Governmental agency / Government in India are not required to appear in the exam.
- Indian citizen, working in an abroad institution and engaged in a collaborative research course with a Research Guide of this University are also exempted from taking DET.
- Candidates engaged in a sandwich PhD programme of collaborative research between this University and another college as approved by the Executive council
- Foreign Candidates, who are self-funded or funded by Governmental agencies / Government, are subject to approval of Government of India as per rules.
Central University of Kerala Ph.D. Admissions Application Form: How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates who want to apply for the PhD admission can download the prescribed application form from the official website of university after the official notification. Fill all the particulars in the form very carefully. Candidate should submit the duly filled-in applications along with the Demand Draft of Rs 1000/- (Rs/- 500 in case of candidates from SC/ST/PWS category) to the related Head of Department. Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Registrar, Central University of Kerala”, payable at Periye/Kasaragod.
Candidates are requested to submit the duly filled form completed in all respects along with the DD to the concerned HOD on or before the due date. In case of applicants who want to organize their research at an RRC of the university, the application form will be sent to the Head of the University Department to which the Centre is allied through the Head of the RRC, together with his reference and facility certificate.
The Central University of Kerala PhD programme selection process will include the following 3-stages:
Stage 1: Eligible candidates have to appear in the Doctoral Entrance Test (DET) organized by the University Department concerned and pass the exam with a minimum qualifying exam. Applicants who obtain at least 50% marks in DET will be considered to have qualified in the Test.
Stage 2: Selected candidates who qualify in DET or exempted from DET must look for the consent of Research Guides of the University for authorization to take on doctoral research under their supervision. Applicants who received such approval letters may submit the same to the office of the Head of the Department (HOD) related.
Stage 3: Applicants with having consent letters will be needed to give a presentation and discuss their research concern during the interview before the Departmental Research Committee (DRC) or a sub-committee constituted by it. Candidates who got certified as successful by the DRC will be served with a counsel for admission on the same day.
University of Kerala admission