Founded on 26th January 1993, Central Agricultural University, Imphal is assumed as a centre of excellence in research, teaching and extension education in the domain of agriculture and its associated sectors. The university was established by the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Government of India and situated at Iroisemba, Imphal, Manipur. Undergraduate as well as postgraduate teaching, research and extension activities are offered by the Central Agricultural University, Imphal. Name of seven colleges under Central Agricultural University are:
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (CVS&AH)Selesih, Aizawl, Mizoram
- College of Agriculture, Iroisemba (CA), Imphal, Manipur
- College of Fisheries (CF), Lembucherra, Agartala, Tripura
- College of Home Science (CHS), Tura, West Garo Hills Meghalaya
- College of Horticulture and Forestry (CH&F) Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh
- College of Postgraduate Studies (CPGS), Barapani Shillong, Meghalaya
- College of Agricultural Engineering and Post-Harvest Technology(CAE&PHT), Ranipool, Gangtok, Sikkim
Candidates who are interested to be a part of Central Agricultural University, Imphal can gather all related information about this university such as academic info, course offered, eligibility criteria, fee, infrastructure, contact details etc.
An Overview of Central Agricultural University, Imphal
Founded: 26th January 1993
University Type: Public
Location of the University: Iroisemba, Manipur, India
Affiliations with: DARE and ICAR
Official Website: www.cau.ac.in
Please take a look on the important highlights regarding academic features at Central Agricultural University, Imphal:
- The total number of colleges under this university is 7 along with a College of Postgraduate Studies.
- There are six undergraduate programmes are offered by the university.
- It’s completely a residential university.
- There are eight Masters’ Degree Programmes in Agriculture, two in Fisheries and three in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry are offered by the university.
- Admission to postgraduate programmes will be done through merit in qualifying degree and nomination by ICAR.
- Admission to undergraduate programmes will be done via nomination by related states of NE region ICAR/VCI. An entrance test will be conducted by them.
Courses Offered and Their Details
|Course Name||Number of Courses||Duration||Eligibility Criteria|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science [BVSc] & A.H
|1||5 years||Candidates should have cleared 10+2 education either from CBSE or other recognized board of examination.|
|MVSc Master of Veterinary Science||10||2 Years||Candidates should hold a graduation degree in related subject.|
|M.Sc Master of Science||3||2 years||Graduated in related stream.|
|B.Sc (Agriculture) Bachelor of Science (Agriculture)
|3||4 years||10+2 or its equivalent|
|M.Sc (Agriculture) Master of Science (Agriculture)
|6||2 years||Graduated in relevant stream|
Contact Details of Central Agricultural University, Imphal
Central Agricultural University
Manipur – 795004
Telephone number: +91-385-2415933
Fax number: +91-385-2410414