Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by the different IIMs on rotational basis for selection of candidates for admission to different management programs. CAT 2022 will be conducted in the month of November 2022 and the interested candidates can apply for the same from August 2022 onwards. Application form can be filled through online mode and the test will also be conducted in online mode. CAT score are considered by all the IIMs as well as non-IIM institutes as well for enrolment into their management programs.
CAT score is valid for admission to management programmes of the following IIMs:
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Amritsar
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Indore
- IIM Jammu
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Nagpur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Sambalpur
- IIM Shillong
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Visakhapatnam
CAT 2022 Important Dates
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to CAT 2022 in the table below:
|Release of official notification||Last week of July 2022|
|Online registration process will begin from||2nd week of August 2022|
|Last date to register online||3rd week of September 2022|
|Issue of admit card||4th week of October 2022|
|Date of CAT 2022||4th week of November 2022|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of January 2023|
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in the CAT 2022 exam are provided below:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) or equivalent is required.
- Candidates who have completed their professional degree (CA/ CS/ ICWA) with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) can also apply.
- The applicants who will be appearing in the final year exam of the bachelor’s degree in the year 2022 are eligible too.
CAT 2022 Application Form
- The application form for CAT 2022 will be made available through online mode on the official website iiimcat.ac.in.
- Candidates need to first submit a registration form providing info like name, date of birth, email id, phone no., etc and generate a user id and password.
- Using these credentials, the candidate can obtain and start filling the application form.
- Into the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal details such as category, nationality, disability status, etc.
- Academic details related to qualifying exam such as year of passing, marks scored, college name, etc will be asked in the form as well.
- Candidates should upload their photograph and signature in the application form in scanned format.
- SC, ST and PWD candidates must upload a copy of their category certificates into the application form.
- After providing all the information into the application form, the candidates can submit it online with prescribed application fee.
- A copy of the application form should be kept by the candidates in case of any future reference.
- The application fee will be ₹1000 for SC, ST and PWD candidates and ₹2000 for all other candidates.
- Candidates can pay the application fee online using the facility of internet banking or debit card/ credit card.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of CAT 2022 entrance exam pattern is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Online mode
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: MCQ and non-MCQ (Type In The Answer) types both
- Total marks: 300
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 3 marks.
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in MCQs and no negative marking for non-MCQs.
|Sections||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||96||1 hour|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||34||102||1 hour|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||102||1 hour|
CAT Syllabus 2022
Check out the syllabus for the CAT 2022 exam below:
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning: Blood Relations, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Charts, Tables, Graphs, Statements & Assumptions, Logical Sequence, Logical Deduction, Clocks & Calendars, etc
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Paragraph Summary, Paragraph Completion, Error Spotting, Word Usage, Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks, Cloze Test, etc
- Quantitative Ability: Set Theory & Venn Diagram, Complex Numbers, Averages, Inequalities, Quadratic Equations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Triangles, Trigonometry, Permutation & Combination, Probability, etc
CAT 2022 Admit Card
- Admit card for the successfully registered candidates will be issued a few weeks before the date of the exam.
- The admit card will be made available on the official website and can be downloaded by candidates using their registration details.
- Candidates should carry the admit card along with a photo identity proof to the exam center in order to appear for the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam in case of absence of these documents.
- The applicants are suggested to keep their admit card safe till the complete process of admission is over.
CAT Result 2022
- Result of the aptitude test will be tentatively in the month of January 2023 through online mode.
- Candidates’ CAT 2022 scorecards will be made accessible on the CAT website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS.
- Score cards will be available on the website till 31st December 2023. No queries related to the issuance of score cards will be entertained after that.
- Those with a valid CAT score will be considered for admission to the different participating institutes.
CAT 2022 Admission Process
- The admission process will be different for different participating institutes.
- Candidates can get the details about the admission process by visiting the official websites of the institutes that they applied for.
- Apart from CAT score, the IIMs may also use the previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short-listing of candidates at various stages of the selection process.
- Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI) might also be conducted for the CAT qualified candidates.
- Final admission will be granted to the candidates once they clear all these rounds and get their documents verified successfully.
CAT FAQs 2022
I mentioned my category wrong at the time of registration. What can I do now?
No change in the category will be entertained after CAT registration. Hence, the applicants are advised to pay attention while registering online. The candidates should check other entries as well to make sure that there is no mistake in form or else it will be rejected.
Can I apply for admission in different institutes on the basis of CAT score?
Yes. You can apply for admission to more than one institute on the basis of your CAT score. Registration fee should only be paid once even if you are applying for various institutes.
Is it possible to obtain the application form through offline mode?
No. The CAT application form will be released only through online mode and no other mode will be provided for the same.
Can I provide my choice for exam center for appearing in CAT?
At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any six test cities, as per their preference, from a drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the six preferred cities subject to availability.
Where can I get more information related to CAT 2022?
You can visit the CAT website www.iimcat.ac.in or call on the Help Desk number 1800 2090 830 to get any information related to CAT 2022.