The University of Calcutta annually invites applicants for admission in B.Ed programme offered by the colleges affiliated to it. Interested candidates can apply for Calcutta University B.Ed admission 2019 by filling the online application form. The form will tentatively be made available in 2nd week of June 2019. Before moving ahead to the form filling part, candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria set by the University. Ineligible candidates won’t be considered for admission. Candidates will be selected based on the marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination i.e. the highest qualification they possess. For complete information on Calcutta University B.Ed admission 2019, candidates should go through the article featured below.
Candidates can note down the tentative dates for B.Ed admission in University of Calcutta given below-
|Availability of online application form||2nd week of June 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of June 2019|
|Last date of E-Receipt of payment||3rd week of June 2019|
|Publication of provisional merit list||4th week of June 2019|
|Submission of copy of the form with E-receipt at Alipore campus, University of Calcutta||Last week of June 2019|
|Commencement of counselling and spot admission||1st week of July 2019|
Application form- Calcutta University B.Ed admission 2019
In order to apply for admission in B.Ed programme, candidates need to fill the online application form for the same. To fill the form, they need to visit the official website of the University of Calcutta. Candidates need to register themselves first using a valid email id and phone number. After successful registration, they will receive a unique user ID and password on the registered email and number. With the help of the user ID and password, applicants need to login into the website to fill the form.
Candidates need to fill the details such as grade/marks obtained in class 10th and onwards, family income per month, scanned photograph in JPG/JPEG format, etc. The details mentioned in the online form should be correctly filled as candidates won’t be given an option to edit the information in the form once it is submitted successfully. It is mandatory for the applicants to pay the necessary application fee failing which their applications will be rejected by the authority. Multiple application forms should be avoided.
Application Fee: General category candidates must pay Rs. 300/- as the application fee and those belonging to the SC/ST/PWD category need to pay Rs. 150/-. Payment can be made through credit card/debit card/net banking.
Eligibility criteria for B.Ed admission in Calcutta University
The eligibility criteria laid down by the University of Calcutta for B.Ed admission are as follows-
Age limit: The age of the candidates should not exceed 40 years as on 30th June 2019. There will be no age restrictions for deputed candidates. Candidates from reserved category can claim age relaxation of 5 years as per the rules.
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree/master’s degree in any discipline or its equivalent qualification from a recognized University. They should have obtained at least 50% marks in the concerned degree programme.
- E/B.Tech candidates with specialization in science and mathematics can also apply for admission in B.Ed course provided that they have obtained minimum 55% aggregate marks.
- The criteria of securing minimum 50% marks will not be applicable to the candidates appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of NCTE.
- Candidates deputed as teachers will be selected solely on the basis of period of approved services as per the rules of the University.
- 50% of the seats will be reserved for deputed candidates and rest 50% will be allotted to freshers.
- Only one seat will be allotted to each subject.
Result and selection
- The result of B.Ed admission in University of Calcutta will be published on the official website of the University i.e. caluniv.ac.in.
- The authority will make a merit list to shortlist the candidates for admission in B.Ed programme.
- Merit list will be prepared strictly according to the educational records of the candidates.
- More weightage will be given to the highest education received by the candidates.
- Candidates selected as per the merit list will be invited for counselling where a seat will be allotted to them as per the preference of subject chosen by them during the counselling.
Documents to be submitted
Here are the documents to be submitted by the candidates at the time of Calcutta University B.Ed admission 2019-
- Acknowledgement slip
- Copy of the payment receipt
- Self attested copies of class 10th and class 12th marksheets
- Self attested copies of graduation marksheets
- DOB proof
- Migration certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Deputed teacher need to produce 1) approval of letter of concerned district inspector of school 2) appointment letter 3) joining letter in school 4) Managing committee resolution copy counter signed by the DI.
- Released order from school duly signed by the Head Master /Secretary/Administrator.
- Copy of the filled-in application form.