Department of Education, Calcutta University is the authority responsible for managing Calcutta University B.Ed. Admission 2023. The admission will be provided on the basis of qualifying examination merit list. The university will not conduct any B.Ed entrance exam in order to select the candidates. Interested candidates who are looking to apply for the admission need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. Before filling the application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria very carefully. All the necessary details regarding the application process are provided in this post.
Table of Contents
Calcutta University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Beginning of online application form submission
|2nd week of June 2023
|Last date to submit application form online
|3rd week of June 2023
|Last date to pay the application fee
|3rd week of June 2023
|Publication of provisional merit list
|Last week of June 2023
|Publication of the selection list
|Last week of June 2023
|Submission of printed copy of application form with e-receipt
|1st week of July 2023
|Date of counseling and spot admission
|2nd week of July 2023
Calcutta University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science/ humanities/ social science with a minimum of 50% marks.
- In case a candidate has Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent then he/ she can also apply.
- The criteria of at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam is not applicable to persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the NCTE, (Regulations, Norms & Procedure) Second Amendment Regulations, 2010 as laid down at para 8(i) of the aforesaid Gazette.
Calcutta University B.Ed. Application Form 2023
The application process of Calcutta University B.Ed. Admission 2023 will take place in online mode only. Eligible candidates who are looking to apply need to visit the official website in order to begin the application process. The complete details regarding the application process are as follows.
- To start the process of application, candidates have to register on the official website.
- The login credentials for all the candidates will be generated at the time of registration.
- Then, in the next step, aspirants need to sign-in and fill the details in the main application form.
- In the application form, candidates have to enter their complete educational, personal, and contact details accurately.
- Please fill details in the application form carefully. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- In addition to the details, candidates need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- The uploaded images should be according to the prescribed format and size available on the official website.
- Next, the candidates have to pay the necessary application fee in online mode.
- Finally, the aspirants must take a printout of the application form submitted online and send it to the university campus.
- The documents to be submitted at the university campus along with the application form are as follows.
- Copy of e-receipt downloaded from ‘Payment History’ through Help Desk.
- Self-attested copies of the mark sheets of all the examination passed from class 10th onwards.
- SC/ ST / PWD Certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Documents to be submitted by deputed candidates are as follows.
- Managing Committee Resolution copy countersigned by the D.I. (if approved)
- Released order from school duly signed by the Head Master /Secretary/ Administrator / will be submitted at the time of admission.
- Joining letter in school
- Appointment letter
- Approval letter of concerned District Inspector of School
- Deputed teachers will get their deputation allowances from their respective Schools/Institutions.
The application fee for the candidates for different categories is given below.
- General Candidates: Rs. 300/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates: Rs. 150/-
Mode of Payment: The application fee should be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
Merit List and Selection Process
- Once the application form submission gets over, the university will upload the merit list on the official website.
- The merit list of deputed teachers teaching at Higher Secondary School/Secondary School/ Madrasah affiliated to W.B.B.S.E/ W.B.B.M.E will be prepared based on the period of approved service in School/ Madrasah.
- For fresher candidates, the merit list will be prepared based on the previous academic record.
- The merit list will be published on the official website in the form of a PDF file.
- Those who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to participate in the counseling process.
Calcutta University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Counselling
- Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counselling process who will get their name in the merit list.
- During the couselling process, authorities will complete all the admission formalities.
- Authorities will also verify the documents at the time of the counselling. So, candidates must carry their original documents at the time of counselling.
- The admission will be provided solely on the basis of the merit list.
- Please note that the admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and admission fee payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I get the application form of Calcutta University B.Ed. admission in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will be released in online mode only.
Question – 2: On what basis the selection of deputed teachers will be done?
Answer: The deputed teachers will be selected on the basis of the time duration of their active service.
Question – 3: What is the fee structure for B.Ed. course at Calcutta University?
Answer: As per the previous year, the fee structure is given below.
For deputed candidates
For Fresher Candidates
Question – 4: What if I don’t want to take part in the counselling process? Can I get my application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded in any case.
Question – 5: How may I contact the Calcutta University?
Answer: The address of the Calcutta University is given below.
University of Calcutta,
87/1, College Street,
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here