Candidates seeking admission into the University of Calcutta can fill and submit their applications online. The university offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of arts, commerce, education, engineering, etc. Selection for admission to some courses is done on the basis of entrance exam while for others on the basis of qualifying exam merit. In this article complete details related to the University of Calcutta Admission 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, result, admit card, etc have been provided.
Calcutta University has released the MBA application form. Check details
The University of Calcutta offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
|M.Sc in Agronomy/ Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Agricultural Chemistry & Soil Science/ Plant Physiology/ Horticulture/ Seed Science & Technology/ Anthropology/ Applied Mathematics/ Applied Psychology/ Atmospheric Science/ Bio-Chemistry/ Bio-Physics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Geology/ Electronic Science/ Environmental Science/ Genetics/ Geography/ Marine Science/ Microbiology/ Zoology/ Physics/ Physiology/ Psychology/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Food & Nutrition/ Human Development||MA in Ancient Indian History & Culture/ Arabic & Persian/ Archaeology/ Bengali Language and Literature/ Buddhist Studies/ Comparative Indian Language and Literature/ Economics/ English Language and Literature/ French/ Hindi/ History/ Islamic History and Culture/ Languages/ Linguistics/ Museology/ Pali/ Philosophy/ Political Science/ Sanskrit/ Sociology/ South and South East Asian Studies/ Tamil Studies/ Urdu/ Education/ Journalism & Mass Communication/ Human Development|
|M.Tech in Applied Optics & Photonics/ Applied Physics/ Jute and Fiber Technology/ Instrumentation Engineering/ Radio Physics & Electronics/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Polymer Science & Technology/ Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/ Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology||MBA|
University of Calcutta Admission 2021 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to University of Calcutta Admission 2021 are provided in the table below:
|Application form release date||November 2020, 2nd week|
|Last date for submission of the application form||February 2021, 3rd week|
|Release of list of candidates shortlisted for GD & PI||March 2021, 2nd week|
|Issue of call letter for GD & PI round||March 2021, 3rd week|
|Date of GD & PI||April 2021, 1st week|
|Declaration of result||April 2021, 4th week|
|Admission process will commence from||May 2021, last week|
|Beginning of classes||July 2021, 1st week|
For BA LLB:
|Application form release date||June 2021, 1st week|
|Last date for submission of the application form||June 2021, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit card||June 2021, 4th week|
|Date of entrance exam||June 2021, last week|
|Declaration of result||July 2021, 1st week|
|Counseling process will commence from||July 2021, 2nd week|
|Application form release date||Yet to be announced|
|Last date for submission of the application form||April 2021, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit card||April 2021, 4th week|
|Date of entrance exam||April 2021, last week|
|Declaration of result||May 2021 , 1st week|
|Date of interview||May 2021, 2nd week|
University of Calcutta Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions mentioned below can apply for the University of Calcutta Admission 2021:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA: The candidates should have cleared their class 12th exam to apply for BA courses.
- B.Sc (Hons): Applicants need to pass their class 12th exam preferably with Science stream.
- B.Com: Those who have cleared their class 12th exam are eligible for admission to the B.Com degree program.
- B.Lib.I.Sc: A pass in class 12th exam is required to be eligible for B.Lib.I.Sc course.
- BA LLB: The applicants should pass their class 12th exam with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates).
- B.Ed: Candidates with any graduation degree scoring not less than 50% marks are eligible.
For postgraduate courses:
- M.Sc: Those with a B.Sc degree in the related discipline are eligible for M.Sc course.
- MA: A BA degree in the relevant specialization is required for admission to MA courses.
- M.Tech: Candidates should hold a degree of BE/ B.Tech in the relevant field in order to be eligible.
- MBA: A graduation degree in any stream is required along with a valid score in CAT/ XAT/ MAT or equivalent.
- M.Com: Applicants who hold a B.Com degree can apply for enrolment to M.Com degree course.
- M.Ed: A degree of B.Ed from any recognized university is required for M.Ed program.
- LLM: The candidates who have an LLB degree are eligible for admission to LLM course.
University of Calcutta Admission 2021 Application Form
The interested and eligible candidates can submit the application form for the University of Calcutta Admission 2021 through online mode. The application form will be made available on the official website of the university www.caluniv.ac.in. For certain courses, the application form may be released offline as well.
- Basic personal details of the candidates such as name, gender, category, date of birth, etc will be asked in the application form.
- Details related to the qualifying exam such as passing year, mark obtained will also be asked.
- The candidates will also have to provide their photograph and signature into the application form.
- Once all the details are entered into the application form, the candidates should submit it on or before the last prescribed date.
- Along with the application form, the candidates also need to submit a required amount of application fee.
- The candidates should keep a hard copy of the duly filled application form safe with them for future reference.
- Payment of the application fee can be done online using the facility of net banking or debit card/ credit card or offline using demand draft.
- The application fee structure for different courses is provided in the table below.
|For general/ OBC category||For SC/ ST/ PWD category|
|BA LLB||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
|B.Tech||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 100/-|
|B.Ed||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 150/-|
|MA||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 100/-|
|M.Sc||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 100/-|
|M.com||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 100/-|
|LLM||Rs. 400/-||Rs. 200/-|
|M.Tech||Rs. 400/-||Rs. 200/-|
|M.Ed||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 150/-|
|MBA||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 750/-|
University of Calcutta Exam Pattern 2021
The basic pattern for the University of Calcutta entrance test 2021 is given below:
For BA LLB:
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Duration of exam: 2 hour 30 minutes
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Topics||Total marks||Total duration|
|General English||100 marks||150 minutes|
|General Awareness/ Current Affairs|
|Verbal & Non-verbal Reasoning|
For Research Entrance Test (RET):
- Duration of exam: 1 hour
- Number of questions: 50
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 50
- Marking scheme: One mark will be awarded for each right answer.
University of Calcutta Exam 2021 Admit Card
- Admit card for University of Calcutta entrance test 2021 will be made available for download on the official website of the university.
- A copy of admit card along with a valid identity proof should be carried by the candidates while reporting to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Applicants must not damage the admit card in any manner or else it won’t be considered as valid.
- The admit card should be preserved by the candidates till the completion of the admission process.
- No admit card will be sent to the candidates through post and courier and will only be available online.
University of Calcutta Admission Result 2021
- The result of the entrance exam will be announced online as per the schedule decided by the authorities.
- Candidates will be able to check their result from the official website of the university.
- A merit list of the candidates will be prepared based on the marks scored by them in the entrance exam.
- For the courses for which no entrance exam is held, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidates’ marks in the qualifying exam.
University of Calcutta Counseling 2021
- Counseling of the candidates will be conducted on the basis of their names in the merit list.
- During counseling, the documents of the candidates and their eligibility will be verified.
- Candidates reporting for admissions should carry with them all the original documents along with their photocopies.
- After verification of documents, the candidates will be asked to provide their choices for course specialization.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their merit and the choice provided by them.
University of Calcutta Admission 2021 FAQs
Can a candidate who hasn’t cleared the qualifying exam at the time the application can apply for admission?
Yes. However, the candidate should clear the qualifying exam before the beginning of the admission/ counseling process with the specified percentage of marks.
What if an ineligible candidate secures admission by false means?
Such candidate will be disqualified even if the admission is granted. Proper action will be taken against such candidates and no submitted fees will be refunded.
If I do not want to take admission any more can I withdraw my application?
No. Once the application form is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn. No refund on application fee will be granted either.
Is there entrance exam for admission to all courses in Calcutta University?
No. Entrance exam will be conducted for admission to courses like LLB, MBA, M.Ed, etc. For other courses, admission will be done on the basis of qualifying exam marks.
Where can I find the details regarding the counseling and admission process?
The details regarding the counseling and admission process will be communicated to the candidates through the official website of Calcutta University.