CA IPCC stands for Chartered Accountancy Integrated Professional Competence Course. It is the 2nd level of the CA course. ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) is the authority that manages this course. The registration for this course continues throughout the year. Those interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The exam of CA IPCC 2022 will take place two times a year. In this post, we are going to discuss complete details related to the CA IPCC 2022.
Overview of CA IPCC 2022
|Full Name of the course||Chartered Accountancy Integrated Professional Competence Course|
|Level of examination||National|
|Common Name||CA IPCC|
|Type of questions in the examination||Both objective and descriptive|
|Total number of papers||7 papers|
|Frequency||Twice a year (in the month of May and November)|
CA IPCC Exam Dates 2022
The registration for CA IPCC remains open throughout the year. The tentative dates you may follow
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Last date to submit form for CA IPCC May examination||1st week of May 2022|
|Last date for making correction in the form||2nd week of May 2022|
|Release of CA IPCC Admit Card||June 2022|
|CA IPCC 2022 (May)||1st of July 2022 onwards|
|Declaration of result||To be notified|
CA IPCC Eligibility Criteria 2022
Aspirants must ensure that they are eligible before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for CA IPCC 2022 are as follows.
Direct Entry Route
- Aspirants must have completed graduation or post graduation in commerce with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Those candidates who have completed graduation or post graduation in any other subject with a minimum of 60% marks are also eligible.
- Aspirants who have cleared Intermediate of Institute of Cost Accountants or Company Secretary are also eligible.
Pass the Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination along with Common proficiency test (CPT) can also apply.
CA IPCC 2022 Application Form
The registration process of CA IPCC continues throughout the year. Let’s go through the exact application process that you need to follow in order to apply for CA IPCC 2022.
- To start the application process, aspirants have to register by providing some of their basic details.
- Once registered, aspirants need to sign-in using their credentials generated during registration.
- Next, the main application form will appear on your screen.
- In the main application, aspirants have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- The details entered in the application form should be accurate. Otherwise, the form can get rejected.
- Apart from the details, aspirants have to upload scanned images of the photograph and signature.
- Candidates are also required to pay the necessary application fee at the time of filling the application form.
- After filling the form, candidates should take a printout of the form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
CA IPCC 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card for CA IPCC will release in online mode only through the official website.
- On the official website, candidates have to provide their registration details in the order to download the admit card.
- The information related to the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card.
- Keep a copy of the admit card safe even after the exam for future references.
CA IPCC Exam Pattern 2022
Before taking the examination, candidates should be fully aware of the exam pattern. The general exam pattern of CA IPCC 2022 is given below.
- Mode of examination – Offline (pen and paper based test)
- Total number of groups – 2
- Number of papers – 7 papers
- Number of questions – 100 questions per paper
- Type of questions – Both objective and subjective type of questions will be asked.
- Name of Papers – Accounting, Business Laws, Ethics and Communication, Cost Accounting and Financial Management, Taxation, Advanced Accounting, Auditing and Assurance, Information Technology and Strategic Management
|Paper – 1||Accounting||Descriptive|
|Paper – 2||Corporate Laws and Other Laws||70% Descriptive|
|Corporate Laws||60 Marks|
|Other Laws||40 Marks|
|Paper 3||Cost and Management Accounting||100 Marks||Descriptive|
|Paper 4||Taxation||70% Descriptive|
|Direct Tax Laws||60 Marks|
|Indirect Tax Laws||40 Marks|
|Paper 5||Advanced Accounting||100 Marks||Descriptive|
|Paper 6||Auditing and Assurance||100 Marks||70% Descriptive|
|Paper 7||Enterprise Information System and Strategic Management||70% Descriptive|
|Strategic Management||50 Marks|
|Paper 8||Financial Management and Economics for Finance||Descriptive|
|Financial Management||60 Marks|
|Economics for Finance||40 Marks|
CA IPCC 2022 Syllabus
The paper-wise syllabus for CA IPCC examination is given below.
- Paper – 1: Accounting – General Knowledge of the framing of the accounting standards, Accounting Standards, Company Accounts, Average Due Date, Account Current, Self-Balancing Ledgers, Accounts from Incomplete Records, Issues in Partnership Accounts, Accounting in Computerised Environment.
- Paper – 2: Business Laws, Ethics and Communication – Business Law, Company Law, Introduction to Business Ethics, Environment issues, Ethics in Workplace, Ethics in Marketing and Consumer Protection, Ethics in Accounting and Finance, Elements of Communication, Communication in Business Environment, Basic understanding of legal deeds and documents, etc.
- Paper – 3: Cost Accounting and Financial Management – Overview of Cost and Management Accounting, Ascertainment of Cost and Cost Accounting System, Methods of Costing, Cost Control and Analysis
- Paper – 4: Taxation – Basic Concepts, Residential Status and scope of total income, Incomes that do not form part of total income (other than charitable trusts and institutions, political parties, and electoral trusts), Heads of income and provisions governing computation of income under different heads, The income of other persons included in the assessee’s total income, Aggregation of income; set-off, or carry forward and set-off of losses, Deductions from gross total income, Computation of total income and tax liability of individuals, Advance tax, tax deduction at source, and Introduction to tax collection at source, Provisions for filing return of income and self-assessment
- Paper – 5: Advanced Accounting – Application of Accounting Standards, Special Aspects of Company Accounts, Reorganization and Liquidation of Companies, Banking Companies and Non-Banking Financial Companies and regulatory requirements thereof, Consolidated Financial Statement, Dissolution of partnership firms
- Paper – 6: Auditing and Assurance – Nature, Objective, and Scope of Audit, Audit Strategy, Audit Planning, and Audit Programme, Audit Documentation and Audit Evidence, Risk Assessment and Internal Control, Fraud and Responsibilities of the Author in this Regard, Audit in an Automated Environment, Audit Sampling, Analytical Procedures, Audit of Items of Financial Statements, The Company Audit, Audit Report, Audit of Banks, Audit of Different Types of Entities.
- Paper – 7: Information Technology and Strategic Management – Automated Business Processes, Financial and Accounting Systems, Information Systems and its Components, E-commerce, M-commerce, and Emerging Technologies, Core Banking Systems
- The result of CA IPCC examination will declare in online mode only.
- Those who want to check the result need to provide their registration details on the official website.
- The result card will include information such as subjects, qualifying status of the aspirant, and aggregate marks obtained by the candidate in the exam, etc.
- Candidates should download and take a printout of the result card for future references.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Will there be any negative marking in the CA IPCC examination 2022?
Answer: No, there will not be any negative marking the examination.
Question – 2: How many attempts are allowed in CA Intermediate Examination?
Answer: A CA student can take up to 8 attempts for CA Intermediate Exams. After which, the registration should be renewed.
Question – 3: What are the passing criteria for clearing the CA IPCC 2022 Examination?
Answer: The passing criteria for clearing the CA IPCC Examination 2022 are as follows.
- Aspirants should have scored at least 40% marks on each paper.
- Candidates must have at least 50% marks in all papers.
Question – 4: How many times in a year the CA IPCC Exam 2022 is conducted?
Answer: The examination is conducted twice in a calender year.
Question – 5: Is it an online examination or an offline examination?
Answer: The examination will take place in offline mode mode (Pen and Paper based examination).