CA Foundation is the exam that replaced CA CPT Exam. It is the first step of becoming a CA. This is the reason why it is one of the popular examinations among commerce students. ICAI is the authority that manages CA Foundation. Those interested candidates who are looking to appear for this exam need to fill and submit the application form online. Aspirants must ensure that they are eligible before filling the form. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary detail related to the CA Foundation 2022.
CA Foundation 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule for CA Foundation 2022 is given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form||3rd week of April 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form without a late fee||1st week of May 2022|
|Last date to apply with a late fees||2nd week of May 2022|
|Availability of an admit card||June 2022|
|Date of CA Foundation exam||Last week of June 2022|
|Declaration of result||July 2022|
CA Foundation 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is the duty of a candidate to make sure that he/ she is eligible before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for CA Foundation 2022 are given below.
- There is no upper age limit in order to appear for the CA Foundation (CA CPT) test.
- Aspirants should get themselves registered with ICAI in order to be eligible for CA Foundation.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 level with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board of education.
The following candidates are exempted from CA Foundation 2022
- UG and PG Candidates – Those candidates who have completed graduation or post graduation degree course in commerce or its equivalent from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks are exempted from CA Foundation 2022.
- Candidates who have qualified CA executive level from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) are exempted from CA Foundation
- Candidates who have qualified CMA intermediate level from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) are also exempted.
- Graduate or Post-graduate students from any stream other than commerce with at least 60% marks are also exempted from CA Foundation.
CA Foundation Application Form 2022
Those interested candidates who want to apply for CA Foundation need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The application form will release in online mode only. The complete process of application form submission is explained below.
- First and foremost, you will have to visit the official website of IC
- On the official website, you need to register as a new user by providing some of your basic details including your email address, and phone number.
- Then, you are required to log in by entering your credentials generated during registration.
- After logging in, the new application form will display on your screen.
- In the main application form, you will have to enter your complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Make sure the details you enter in the application form are correct. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- Along with the details, it is also necessary for candidates to upload scanned images of the following documents.
- Passport size photograph of the candidates (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
- Signature of the candidate
- Scanned copy of class 12th mark sheet
- Declaration (in the prescribed format) attested from your parents / Guardian and Head of Educational Institution / Member of ICAI / Gazetted Officer
- 10th Marksheet or Birth Certificate.
- Proof of Special Category (If any)
- At the time of filling the application form, candidates are also required to pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, you should take a printout of the application form submitted for future references.
CA Foundation Registration Fee 2022
Please note that the CA Foundation Registration fee is different from the application fee. It is the fee that makes a candidate eligible for CA Foundation.
|Particular||For Indian Nationals||For Foreign Nationals|
|Cost of CA Foundation Prospectus||Rs. 200/-||$ 20|
|CA Foundation Registration Fee||Rs. 9000/-||$ 700|
|One year subscription of Student’ Journal (Optional)||Rs. 200/-||$ 20|
|One year subscription of Member’s Journal (Optional)||Rs. 400/-||$ 40|
|Total||Rs. 9800/-||$ 780|
CA Foundation 2022 Application Fee
The application fees for CA Foundation depend upon the location of exam centre that an applicant chooses.
- For an exam centre in India – Rs. 1500/-
- For Kathmandu (Nepal) – Rs. 2200/-
- Overseas Center (Abu Dhabi, Doha, Muscat, Dubai) – US $ 325
Mode of payment – You can pay this fee using online payment methods such as a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
CA Foundation 2022 Admit Card
- Once the application form submission gets over, authorities will make CA Foundation Admit Card 2022 available online through the official website.
- In order to download an admit card, aspirants have to sign in by providing their login credentials generated during registration.
- An admit card will carry important information like the Name of the Examination Centre, Medium of Examination, Exam day instructions for candidates, Roll Number, etc.
- Don’t forget to take a printout of the admit card after downloading the same because you can download the same for a maximum of three times.
- No candidate will be allowed to take an examination without an admit card.
CA Foundation Exam Pattern 2022
The pattern of CA Foundation 2022 examination is given below.
- Mode of examination – Offline (Pen and Paper based examination)
- Number of Papers – 4 (Paper I and Paper II are subjective and Paper – III and Paper IV are objective type)
- Type of questions – Subjective questions in Paper I & Paper II and Paper – III & Paper – IV in Objective type multiple choice questions
- Maximum Marks – 100 marks for each paper
- Duration of examination – 3 hours
- Negative marking – There will be no negative marking in Paper – 1 and Paper – 2. In paper 3 and paper 4, 1/4th of total marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
|Paper – 1||Principles and Practice of Accounting||100 marks|
|Paper – 2||Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting||Part A: Business Laws – 60 Marks|
Part B: Business Correspondence and Reporting – 40 Marks
|Paper – 3||Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics||Part A: Business Mathematics (40 Marks)|
Part B: Logical Reasoning (20 Marks)
Part C: Statistics (40 Marks)
|Paper – 4||Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge||Part A: Business Economics (60 Marks)|
Part B: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
CA Foundation 2022 Syllabus
The subject-wise syllabus of CS Foundation 2022 is given below.
- Principle and Practice of Accounting – Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organisations, Concept, and Accounting of Depreciation, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Theoretical Framework, Accounting for Special Transactions, Partnership Accounts, Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors, Basic Accounting Ratios (profitability, solvency, liquidity and turnover), Introduction to Company Accounts, Inventories, Accounting Process, etc.
- Business Laws & Business Correspondence and Reporting – Business Laws, The Indian Contract Act, 1872, The Sale of Goods Act, 1930, The Indian Partnership Act, 1932, The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008, The Companies Act, 2013 Business Correspondence and Reporting, Introduction to basic writing (Precis Writing, Article Writing, Report Writing, Writing Formal Letters, Writing Formal Emails, Resume Writing, Meetings)
- Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics – Business Mathematics, Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms, Equations and Matrices, Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimizations, Time value of Money, Logical Reasoning, Number Series, Direction Tests, Setting Arrangements, Statistics, Statistical Description of Data, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion, Probability, Theoretical Distributions.
- Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge – Business Economics, Introduction to Business Economics, Theory of Demand and Supply, Theory of Production and Cost, Business and Commercial Knowledge, Business and Commercial Knowledge: An Introduction, Business Environment, Business Organizations Government Policies for Business Growth.
Result and Merit List
- The result of CA Foundation will release online through the official website.
- To check the result, aspirants have to enter their registration number and password.
- ICAI will also a CA Foundation Merit List. This merit list consists of the top 50 qualified candidates for CA Foundation exam.
- Those who will clear the CA Foundation course will move on to the next stage of CA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is a calculator allowed during CA Foundation Examination?
Answer: Yes, a normal calculator is allowed during the CA Foundation Examination. But, scientific calculators with more than 6 functions, 12 digits, and/or having 2 memories are not permissible.
Question – 2: Is CA Foundation Examination 2022 easy?
Answer: Frankly speaking, it is not an easy exam. As compared to CA CPT, the difficulty level is very easy. Only a few candidates qualify for this exam.
Question – 3: Can I submit the CA Foundation Application Form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will not be available offline.
Question – 4: In which cities the CA Foundation 2022 will take place?
Answer: It is expected that the examination will take place in the following cities – Agra, Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Ajmer, Akola, Alappuzha, Aligarh, Allahabad (Prayagraj), Alwar, Ambala, Ambikapur, Amravati, Amritsar, Anand, Anantapur, Asansol, Aurangabad, Badlapur, Bahadurgarh, Balotra*, Banswara, Bareilly, Bathinda, Beawar, Beed, Belgaum, Bellary, Bengaluru, Berhampore, Bhagalpur, Bharatpur, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhilwara, Bhiwandi, Bhiwani, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bhuj, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Brahmapur, Bulandshahr, Bundi, Burhanpur, Chandigarh, Chandrapur, Chennai, Chhindwara, Chittorgarh, Churu, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Darbhanga, Davangere, Dehradun, Delhi/ New Delhi, Dhanbad, Dhule, Dibrugarh, Durg, Durgapur, Eluru, Ernakulam, Erode, Faridabad, Fatehabad, Firozabad, Gandhidham, Gandhinagar, Ghaziabad, Gondia, Gorakhpur, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Haldwani, Haridwar, Hisar, Hubli, Hyderabad, Ichalkaranji, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jalgaon, Jalna, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jharsuguda, Jhunjhunu, Jind, Jodhpur, Junagadh, Kadapa, Kaithal, Kakinada, Kancheepuram, Kannur, Kanpur, Karimnagar, Karnal, Kishangarh, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kollam, Kota, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Kumbakonam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Latur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Malappuram, Mandsaur, Mangalore, Mapusa (Goa), Margao (Goa), Mathura, Meerut, Melegaon, Moradabad, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Muzaffarpur, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Navsari, Neemuch, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida, Ongole, Palakkad, Palghar, Pali Marwar, Panipat, Panvel, Parbhani, Patan, Patiala, Patna, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Pondicherry, Port Blair, Pune, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram, Rajkot, Ranchi, Raniganj, Ratlam, Ratnagiri, Rewa, Rewari, Rohtak, Rourkela, Saharanpur, Salem, Sambalpur, Sangli, Sangrur, Satara, Satna, Shimla, Shimoga, Sikar, Siliguri, Sirohi, Sirsa, Sivakasi, Solapur, Sonepat, Sri Ganganagar, Srinagar, Surat, Surendranagar, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tinsukia, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tirupur, Tuticorin, Udaipur, Udupi, Ujjain, Vadodara, Vapi, Varanasi, Vasai, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal, Yamuna Nagar, Yavatmal.