Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test 2020 (TS ICET 2020) is a state level entrance exam that will be conducted by Kakatiya University, Warangal on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad. This exam offers admission to MBA and MCA courses in various institutes in the state of Telangana.
The application form for TS ICET 2020 exam will be available in the month of March 2020 and the mode of application will be online. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can find the all the important details such as eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus etc. from this article.
TS ICET 2020 Important Dates
The exact date for TS ICET 2020 will be available after the release of official notification till then candidates can check the tentative schedule from the table given below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date to submit application form without late fees||Last week of April 2020|
|Last date for online application form submission with Rs. 500/- late fees||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date to submit online application form with Rs. 2000/- late fees||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date for online application form submission with Rs. 5000/- late fees||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last date to submit online application form with Rs. 10000/- late fees||3rd week of May 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of May 2020|
|Date of TS ICET 2020 exam||4th week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2020|
TS ICET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for TS ICET 2020 is given below:
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Duration of Exam: 150 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 200 Questions
- Maximum Marks: 200 Marks
- Subjects: Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability
- Medium of Exam: English only for Section-C and English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B
Subject wise Exam pattern of TS ICET 2020 exam
|Section||No. of Questions||Total|
|A (Analytical Ability)||75|| |
200 Questions of 1 Mark Each
|B (Mathematical Ability)||75|
|C (Communication Ability)||50|
TS ICET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for TS ICET 2020 exam is given below:
- Section A (Analytical Ability): Data Sufficiency, Sequences and Series, Data Analysis, Coding and Decoding Problems, Date, Time & Arrangement Problems etc.
- Section B (Mathematical Ability): Arithmetical Ability (Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m and g.c.d Rational numbers, Ordering etc.) Algebraically and Geometrical Ability, Statistical Ability (Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms), Statistical Ability (Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability etc.)
- Section C (Communication Ability): Vocabulary, Business and Computer terminology, Functional Grammar, Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
How to prepare for TS ICET 2020 exam?
The applicants need to prepare well in order to clear the TS ICET 2020 exam. Here, are some tips that candidates may follow for a better preparation.
- Follow a well structured time table: The first thing you need to do is to create a well structured time table giving equal importance to every subject.
- Maintain Notes: Generally, guides and help books contain a lot of less important topics. So, it is important that you should make notes of important topics.
- Regular Revision: Revision is the key to success. Make sure you revise each and every topic properly before the exam.
- Mock Test and Sample Paper: Solve as many sample papers as possible before the exam. It will give you an idea how you should attempt the exam.
Recommended Books for TS ICET 2020
There are a lot of books available in the market for TS ICET 2020 preparation. Some of the recommended books for TS ICET 2020 are as follows:
- AP & TS ICET books by Parix’s Group
- A complete study package for MCA by Arihant publication.
- Quantitative aptitude by R.S Aggarwal.
- Kiran Publication Previous year papers for ICET
TS ICET Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria for TS ICET 2020 are given below:
- For MBA: The candidates must have a Bachelors degree of at least 3 years duration
- For MCA: For MCA, the applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years duration and must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- Nativity: The candidate should be an Indian citizen and must satisfy local/non-local status of Telangana.
TS ICET Application Form 2020
The application form for TS ICET 2020 exam will be released in online mode through the official website only. The candidates have to enter their complete educational, personal and contact details in the application form. While entering the details the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature in the application form. After submitting the application form, the candidates should take a print out of submitted application form. However, there will be no requirement to send a printout of application form to the authorities.
TS ICET 2020 Application Fee
The application fee for TS ICET 2020 exam will be Rs. 650/- (Rs. 450/- in case of SC/ST candidates)
Mode of Payment
- The application fee can be paid online through the credit card, debit card, or Net banking.
- The interested candidates can also pay via TS/AP online centers.
TS ICET Admit card 2020
The candidates will be able to download the TS ICET 2020 admit card from the official website. The admit card or hall ticket is a very important document which should be kept preserved till the admission process gets completed. Please note that the authorities will not send any admit card by post. It will be mandatory for every candidate to carry admit card along with one photo ID proof at the time of exam. No candidate will be allowed to appear for exam without a valid admit card.
TS ICET 2020 Result
The result of TS ICET 2020 exam will be declared on the official website. The applicants will be awarded state wise ranks according to the marks scored by them in the exam. The minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam will be 25% i.e. 50 marks out of 200. However, there are no minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates.
TS ICET Counselling 2020
Soon after the declaration of result, the schedule of TS ICET 2020 counselling will be updated on the official website. The counseling will be held online. The candidates have to enter their choice of colleges during the counseling process. However, it should be noted that candidates will be allowed to fill their choices only after the verification of original documents.