MICAT 2019: MICA, which was formerly famous as ‘Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad’ offers various professional programmes in strategic Marketing and Communication. It is an autonomous, non-profit institution. It offers the three courses now which are; the Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C), the Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and the Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C). MICAT is the admission test for candidates so that only the capable and competent candidates get the admission in the institute. MICAT conducts twice in a year i.e. MICAT-1 & MICAT-II.
For details such as important dates, application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, candidates can read the information given in the post below.
Latest: MICAT 1 2019 result is announcing today on 18th December 2018. Check your result here.
MICAT 2019 Important Dates (Released)
The dates have been given in the following table:
|MICAT I Schedule|
|S.No.||Name of the Event||Date Assigned|
|1||MICAT I Registration will start from||23rd August 2018|
|2||End date for MICAT I Registration||20th November 2018|
|3||Admit Card will be issued on||26th November 2018|
|4||Exam Date – MICAT 2019 (I)||2nd December 2018|
|5||Result to be announced on||18th December 2018|
|MICAT II Schedule|
|S.No.||Name of the Event||Date Assigned|
|1||MICAT II Registration will start from||3rd January 2019|
|2||End date for MICAT II Registration||30th January 2019|
|3||Admit Card will be issued on||4th February 2019|
|4||Exam Date – MICAT 2019 (II)||9th February 2019|
|5||Result to be announced on||19th February 2019|
Note: All the dates which have been given in the above chart are updated according to its official notification for the year 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for MICAT
It is very necessary for all the applicants to read the details about the eligibility criteria so that they can ensure that they are eligible to apply for the examination and admission. Here are all the details about the examination:
- The candidates must be a graduate from a recognized University or institute.
- The candidates, who are in the in the final year, will also be eligible to apply for the examination and admission in the institute.
- Most of all the candidates should have a valid CAT 2019, XAT 2019 or GMAT (2018 onward) score.
MICAT 2019 Application Form: How to apply?
The next stage of the admission process is to apply for the examination thru the application form. Here is the application process:
- The application form will be available online on the official portal of the institute.
- Candidates shall have to fill all the details in the application form such as their name, date of birth, address, and the educational qualification.
- Candidates shall also have to pay the application fee thru the online mode, SBI Challan or demand draft in the name of the institute.
- The application will be Rs. 1965 for all the candidates.
- There will be a registration number and the password after the submission of the application form and candidates have saved them for the further reference.
MICAT Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern is the crucial part of the admission process which candidates give the serious emphasis. In the following points, the exam pattern has been explained:
- There will be a test which will be commenced by the institute thru the online mode.
- In the test, questions will be from various subjects such as logical reasoning, analytical, verbal ability, General Awareness and divergence of thinking skills.
- There will be two question paper and in the paper-I, there will be almost 100 questions. The questions will be of objective nature. The negative marking in the exam will be of 1/4th.
- Part 2 will be of descriptive nature and it will have 3 sections in total.
The entrance test for MICAT 2019 will be held at Gurgaon, Dhanbad, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Indore, Jammu, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kochi, Lucknow, Navi Mumbai, Meerut, Mumbai, Allahabad, Aligarh, Bareilly, Bhopal, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Muzaffarnagar, Delhi, Nagpur, Panjim, Noida, Patna, Raipur, Pune, Ranchi, Vadodara, Trivandrum, Visakhapatnam, Aizawl, Ahmedabad, and Ajmer.
MICAT Syllabus 2019
MICAT 2019 syllabus will be decided by the conducting body. Basically, the questions in the entrance test will be asked from following subjects: Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), General awareness (GA), Descriptive Test (DT), Verbal ability (VA), Psychometric (P), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI). It is important for the candidates to go through these sections in order to score better rank in the exam
- The institute will issue the admit card only to successfully registered applicants through online mode.
- Candidates can also get the link in the email inbox and there they can download the admit card.
- It will be necessary to take the printout of the admit card.
- Moreover, it will be mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination centre while coming for the examination. Inversely, the entry in the examination hall will be denied.
MICAT 2019 Result
The result of the MICAT 2019 will be available on the official website of the institute. Candidates can get the score card of their result which will be necessary for all the applicants to take that at the time admission.
All the candidates, who will be shortlisted, will be required to submit the DD of Rs. 50000 for the preadmission process.
Henceforth, the candidates shall have to appear for counselling so that they can ensure their admission in the institute in the desired program. At the time of counselling they will have to show all the essential educational certificates to the admission board.
MICAT 2019 Admission
Candidates will be admitted to PGDMC courses offered at MICA, Ahmedabad on the basis of their marks in MICAT, Group Exercise and Personal Interview rounds followed by XAT/ CAT/GMAT exams. Please note down, best of two MICAT scores will be considered for offering admission. If students have appeared in CAT & GMAT or CAT & XAT or XAT & GMAT or all these three exams, the better of the two/ best of the 3 exams scores will be considered for admission. At the time of admission, candidates have to verify their original documents. The weightage of marks for admission is mentioned below:
- MICAT 2019: 50% weightage
- Group Exercise (GE): 18%
- Personal Interview (PI): 30%
- CAT/XAT/GMAT: 2%