Management Aptitude Test 2020 or MAT 2020 is one of the most prestigious management entrance exams of the country. It will be conducted in order to shortlist the candidates for MBA admissions in some of the top rated B-Schools. The MAT 2020 exam will be organized by the All India Management Association (AIMA). This exam is conducted 4 times in a calendar year in February, May, September and December months.
The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can check all the important details such as tentative dates, exam pattern, application form etc. from this article.
Important Dates for MAT 2020 exam
The tentative dates for February session of MAT 2020 are given in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||3rd week of December 2019|
|Last date to register for (Paper Based Test)||Last week of January 2020|
|Last date to register for (Computer Based Test)||2nd week of February 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||4th week January 2020|
|Date of PBT Exam||1st week of February 2020|
|Date of CBT Exam||3rd week of February 2020|
|Declaration of result||Last week of February 2020|
Note: The exact dates will be updated on this post after the release of official notification.
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for MAT 2020 exam will be as follows:
Mode of Exam: Both online (Computer Based Test) and offline (Paper Based Test)
Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions will be asked.
Number of Questions: 200
Duration of Exam: 150 Minutes
Number of Sections: 5
Language of Exam: English only.
Section-wise exam pattern for MAT 2020 is given below:
|Section Name||No. of Question||Time Suggested (In minutes)|
|Indian & Global Environment||40||15|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|Total||200 Questions||150 Minutes|
Note: All questions will carry 1 mark and there will a negative marking of 0.25 marks for an incorrect answer.
MAT Syllabus 2020
The AIMA will not issue any particular syllabus for the MAT 2020 exam. However, important topics from each section are given below:
- Language Comprehension: Passage reading, Para jumble, Fill in the blanks, Antonyms, Synonyms, Finding Errors, Sentence Completion etc.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Statement Argument, Analogy, Passage conclusion, Fact Inference Judgment, Verbal Reasoning, Calendar, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relation, Direction sense etc.
- Mathematical Skills: Number System, Mixtures and Allegation, Commercial Maths, Time and Distance, Trigonometry, Linear Programming, Heights and Distance, Coordinate Geometry etc.
- Data Analysis and sufficiency: Graphs, Pie charts, Venn diagram, Bar chart, Data Comparison, Data Caselette, Data Sufficiency etc.
- Indian and Global Environment: Business, Polity, Sports, Geography, Economy, Honours, Prizes, Miscellaneous events etc.
MAT Preparation Strategy 2020
The competition in MAT 2020 is going to be immense. The candidates need to study really well in order to clear this exam. Here are some tips for the aspiring candidates which can help them prepare in a better way.
- In order to do well in the Indian and Global Environment section, make sure you go through daily news papers and some good current affair magazines.
- Regular practice is going to be the key for Mathematical and Data Analysis section. Make sure you practice enough to do well in these sections.
- As you can see in the exam pattern, there are 200 questions to be answered in just 150 minutes. So, it is important that you practice by keeping time management in mind.
- Solve as many previous year question papers and mock tests as possible.
- Make short notes of all the important topics and revise them positively before the exam.
Recommended Books for MAT 2020
The recommended books for MAT 2020 are as follows:
For Mathematical Skills: Mathematics for MBA by RS Aggarwal, Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma.
For Language Comprehension: Mastering the Verbal Ability for CAT by Arihant publication, How toprepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma.
For Data Analysis and sufficiency: Data Interpretation and Data sufficiency by Arihant Publication.
For Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Logical reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal.
For Indian and Global Environment: The Mega year Book by Disha Expert.
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidate should ensure his/her eligibility before submitting the application form. The eligibility criteria for MAT 2020 exam will be as follows:
- The candidate must be a graduate from a recognized institute or university.
- The students in the final year of graduation can also appear for the exam.
MAT Application Form 2020
The application form for MAT 2020 exam will be available only in online mode through the official website. The candidates have to provide all the necessary academic, personal and contact details the application form. After entering the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature in the application form. While filling the application form, the candidates will be able to opt for PBT, CBT or both the exam.
- The application fee for PBT or CBT exam will be Rs. 1550/-.
- In case the candidates apply for both PBT and CBT then he/she will have to pay Rs. 2650/-
Mode of Payment
The MAT 2020 application fee will be paid in online mode by using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
MAT Admit Card 2020
All the successfully registered candidates will be able to download their admit card from the official website. Please note that the authorities will not send the admit card by post, all the candidates will be required to download the admit card from the official website only. The admit card for both the MAT 2020 exam i.e. CBT or PBT will be released separately. No candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
MAT 2020 Result
The result of MAT 2020 exam will be declared after the three weeks from the date of test. The candidates will be able to check their result from the official website. The MAT 2020 score card will remain valid for one year only. Please note that the AIMA will not conduct any counselling. The counselling will be conducted by the participating institutes separately.