Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal is going to conduct Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test 2019 (JEMAT 2019). JEMAT is a state level written entrance examination which is organized twice a year under West Bengal government. Through this exam admission will be offered to MBA/MHA/ AICTE approved postgraduate diploma courses. Any candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in arts/commerce/science/engineering/technology/dental/medical or any other professional course can apply for JEMAT 2019. Note down, Graduation final year candidates are also eligible. Through this post, candidates can check all important details about JEMAT 2019.
JEMAT 2019 Important Dates
|Starting of online application||3rd week of June 2019|
|Last day to submit application form||1st week of July 2019|
|Download availability of admit card||From 2nd week of July 2019|
|Date of Exam||3rd week of July 2019|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of July 2019|
|Group discussion/ Personal Interview||To be announced later|
|Counselling Dates||To be announced later|
How to apply for JEMAT 2019
- Candidates who are willing to apply for JEMAT 2019 exam have to visit the official website (jemat1.eadmission.net) for online registration.
- A demand draft also needs to be submitted in favor of WBUT-JEMAT payable at Kolkata.
- The application fee for a candidate from general category is Rs. 600/- and for SC/ST/OBC candidate application fees is Rs. 300/-
- Applicants have to upload their scanned photographs and signatures in a prescribed format.
- Now, take a print out of duly filled application form and attach it along with the copy of following documents
- Marks sheets (Self-attested)
- Certificate and testimonials
- SC/ST/OBC certificate ( if applicable)
- Send all the documents along with DD to the university with Application form number and contact no. at the back of the envelope.
Exam pattern of JEMAT 2019 is as follows:
- Mode of Examination: Pen and Paper based exam.
- Duration of Exam: 2 Hours.
- Number of Questions: 100 Questions will be asked.
- Types of Questions: Objective types (MCQ)
- Negative Marking: 25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
Note: After the written exam a GD/PI round will also take place.
JEMAT 2019 Admit card will be generated electronically for all the candidates who will apply successfully. Admit card will be available to download from the 2nd week of July 2019. Application number and password is necessary in order to download the admit card. If any candidate forgets the password, it can be retrieved back by lodging a complaint at JEMAT helpdesk.
JEMAT Selection Procedure 2019
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks scored in written exam of JEMAT 2019 along with the performance in a group discussion or personal interview round. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counseling round where they will be allowed to choose the college of their choice. GD/PI round will be organized by MAKAUTWB.
The result of JEMAT 2019 will be announced in the month of July 2019 (tentatively). The candidates who successfully appear in the entrance test will be issued Rank cards in online mode. Candidates can check their result/rank card from the official website by entering their Registration number and password. Those who clear the entrance test with prescribed cut off marks will qualified to appear in Group Discussion round and Personal Interview Rounds organized by the authority. Thereafter a merit list will be prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the written examination and GD/PI. Candidates, who clear both stages, their names will appear in the merit list for appearing in the counseling rounds. The merit list will comprise of the name of the candidate, region number, date of birth and roll number.
Candidates will be called for JEMAT 2019 counselling according to the merit list. During the counselling, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their preference of course in their desired college. Candidates have to produce their original documents at the time of counselling. Therefore, candidates should carry the following documents with them:-
- JEMAT 2019 scorecard
- Admit card
- Community certificate
- Provisional or original degree certificate from 10h onwards
- Photocopy of the DD
- Class X mark sheet for date of birth proof