The HP University will be conducting an entrance test to screen candidates for admissions into its management courses. This entrance test, HPU MAT 2020, will be conducted most probably in the month of May 2020. The interested and eligible candidates will be able to submit their online application form from the month of April 2020. This article provides the aspirants the details related to the exam such as its pattern, syllabus, preparation strategies, recommended books etc. The other information related to HPU MAT 2020 such as eligibility criteria, important dates, application form, etc are also provided in this article.
HPU MAT 2020 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to HPU MAT 2020 are given below. The actual dates haven’t been announced yet and will be updated here soon after any announcement is made in this regard.
|Release of online application form||April 2020, 1st week|
|Last date for submission of application||May 2020, 1st week|
|Issue of admit card||May 2020, 2nd week|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2020, 4th week|
|Announcement of result||June 2020, 2nd week|
|Date of GD/ Interview for subsidized seats||July 2020, 2nd week|
|Final result declaration for subsidized seats||July 2020, 2nd week|
|Date of GD/ Interview for non-subsidized seats||July 2020, 3rd week|
|Final result declaration for non-subsidized seats||July 2020, 4th week|
HPU MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of the HPU MAT exam pattern 2020 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Sections: 4 sections- English Comprehension & Language, Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation, General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning and General Knowledge & Business Awareness
- Total marks: Each section will carry 50 marks
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
Provided below are certain basic preparation strategies that can be followed by the applicants for qualifying the HPU MAT 2020:
- Gather all the study material at one place before start preparing for the exam.
- Practice as much as you can. The MAT will be an aptitude test and only practice can make you better at that.
- Read newspaper and watch news daily in order to keep yourself updated with current affairs, especially the ones related to economics and businesses.
- Prepare for each section separately. Distribute the time of your studies properly between the different subjects.
- Build a strong foundation. Clear all your concepts and do not leave any place for doubts. Even the trickiest questions of aptitude can be solved if your basics are clear.
The aspirants can take help from the following reference books while preparing for their HPU MAT 2020:
- English Comprehension: Arihant Publications, English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin
- Numerical Ability: RS Aggarwal Quantitative Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
- Reasoning: Manhattan Prep Critical Reasoning
- General Knowledge: Lucent Publication, Manorama Yearbook
HPU MAT Application Form 2020
The HPU MAT 2020 application form will be made available on the official website of HP University admission.hpushimla.in or hpubsshimla.org. The candidates will have to provide their personal, educational, contact, and any other details as asked in the application form. Signature and photograph of the candidate in scanned format will also be required in the form. After providing all the mandatory details truly and correctly in the application, the candidates can make final form submission.
The candidates will also have to make payment of application fee to complete the application process. The application fee will be Rs. 1000/- for general category candidates (both subsidized and non-subsidized candidates) and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST candidates (both subsidized and non-subsidized candidates). The submission of fee can be done via debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
HPU MAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates who want to submit their application for the entrance test must ensure their eligibility first. The HPU MAT 2020 eligibility criteria are given below:
- Except for non-subsidized, serving or retired defence personnel, the maximum age limit is 26 years for male candidates and 28 years for female candidates (29 years in case of SC/ ST candidates both for boys and girls) as on 1st of July 2020.
- The candidate should have completed any first bachelor degree from a recognized university, scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC/ ST candidates).
- The candidates appearing in their final examination of Bachelor Degree programme in 2020 can also apply for the exam.
HPU MAT 2020 Admit Card
The relevant authorities will release the HPU MAT admit card 2020 in online mode. The applicant will be able to download the admit card by entering the details of user id (registration number) and password (date of birth). The candidate will have to carry a hard copy of the admit card to the exam center or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam. No admit card will be sent through any other means.
HPU MAT 2020 Result
The HPU MAT result 2020 for the written exam conducted will be declared hopefully in the month of June 2020. The candidates who clear the written exam will then have to appear for the GD/ interview. GD/ interview will be conducted separately for subsidized and non-subsidized candidates. The final result will be announced based on the performance of the candidates in the written test + GD + interview.
The selection of the candidates will be based on different factors such as application rating, written exam, GD and interview. The weightage given to each of the following will be as following:
- Application Rating [10 % of the percentage of marks obtained in each of the following examinations i.e. matriculation, 10+2 and graduation) – 30 Marks
- Management Aptitude Test (HPU MAT 2020) – 50 Marks
- Group Discussion – 10 Marks
- Personal Interview – 10 Marks
Based on the above-mentioned factors, a merit list of the successful candidates will be prepared (separate for subsidized and non-subsidized candidates) for admissions.