CAT 2018 Contents
- CAT 2018 Official Notification @iimcat.ac.in | Online Registration Date | Application Form, Exam Pattern | How to Apply for CAT 2018
- CAT 2018 Registration | Apply Online for CAT 2018 @iimcat.ac.in | Programmes Offered By CAT
- CAT 2018 Official Website | CAT MBA | CAT 2018 Online Application
- CAT Exam 2018 Highlights| Common Admission Test 2018 | CAT 2018 Helpline Number
- CAT 2018 Calendar | CAT Exam Date | When Will CAT Form Available | Last Date to Apply for CAT
- CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Who Can Apply for CAT |Reservation in CAT Exam 2018
- CAT 2018 Online Application Form | CAT Registration 2018 | Form Correction | CAT Application Form Status | Application Fee
- CAT 2018 Exam Pattern | No. of Questions | Marking Scheme in CAT Exam |Negative Marking | CAT Syallbus| CAT FAQ
- CAT 2018 Admit Card | How to Download CAT Hall Ticket | Discrepancies in CAT Admit Card
- CAT 2018 Result | Score Card for CAT 2018
- CAT 2018 Selection Procedure | Documents Required for Reserved Category | IIM Selection Criteria
CAT 2018 Official Notification @iimcat.ac.in | Online Registration Date | Application Form, Exam Pattern | How to Apply for CAT 2018
CAT 2018 notification has been released on 29th July 2018. Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by IIM for admission to various postgraduate programmes offered by IIMs including IIM Visakhapatnam, Udaipur, Tiruchirappalli, IIM Sirmaur, Shillong, Sambalpur, Rohtak, Ranchi, Raipur, Nagpur, Lucknow, Kozhikode, Kashipur, Jammu, Indore, Calcutta, Bodh Gaya, Bangalore, Amritsar and Ahmedabad. CAT online application form is available from 8th August 2018 and exam will be held on 25th November 2018. A candidate, who is willing to register online and appear in CAT Exam, he/she is suggested to read this post as it will give him/her an overall idea about minimum eligibility for appearing in the entrance exam, how to register online, exam pattern, syllabus of the exam etc.
Latest- CAT 2018 admit card is available from 24th October 2018. Visit here to download your admit card
CAT 2018 Registration | Apply Online for CAT 2018 @iimcat.ac.in | Programmes Offered By CAT
As per the latest CAT exam notification, it notified that CAT 2018 online registration will start from 8th August 2018. We are looking forward to confirming you the actual date for the availability of CAT 2018 application form. Once the official notification is issued, candidates can register and apply online for CAT 2018.
Post Graduate programmes Offered in Management Through CAT 2018
|Name of the Institutes||Programmes Offered||Website Addresses|
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP||www.iima.ac.in|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM||www.iimtrichy.ac.in|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX||www.iimshillong.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX||www.iimrohtak.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM||www.iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE||www.iimraipur.ac.in|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM||www.iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP||www.iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM||www.iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||www.iimbg.ac.in|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM||www.iimb.ac.in|
Fellow Programme Offered in Management
|Name of the Institute||Programme Offered|
|IIM Raipur||FPM & EFPM|
|IIM Kashipur||FPM & EFPM|
CAT 2018 Official Website | CAT MBA | CAT 2018 Online Application
Why is CAT exam conducted? CAT 2018 will be conducted for offering admissions into various postgraduate and fellow programmes of IIMs. Candidates are required to visit the CAT official website iimcat.ac.in to apply online for the exam. Please be careful at the time of applying online for CAT 2018. Do not attempt to put any wrong or fake inputs in the form, otherwise, the form may be rejected by the exam conducting authority. Make a careful analysis of personal and educational information and make entries in the form accordingly.
CAT Exam 2018 Highlights| Common Admission Test 2018 | CAT 2018 Helpline Number
|Who Conducts CAT 2018||IIM Calcutta|
|CAT 2018 Form Date||8th August 2018|
|CAT 2018 Syllabus Topics||Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning and Analytical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension|
|Who Can Apply for CAT 2018?||A graduate with 50% required|
|Mode of CAT Online Application||Online|
|Programmes Offered||MBA/PGDM Programmes|
|CAT Helpline||1800-2663-549 | [email protected]|
CAT 2018 Calendar | CAT Exam Date | When Will CAT Form Available | Last Date to Apply for CAT
Find below all important dates related to CAT Exam 2018. These timelines will make it easier for you to participate in the events of CAT exam.
|1.||Online application process will start||8th August 2018|
|2.||Deadline to submit the application form||19th September 2018|
|3.||Correction window will be open||—|
|4.||Admit Card will be downloaded from||24th October 2018|
|5.||Examination Date||25th November 2018|
|6.||Answer Key will be released||December 2018|
|7.||Announcement of the result||January 2019|
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria | Who Can Apply for CAT |Reservation in CAT Exam 2018
Eligibility Criteria for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018
if you are planning to appear in CAT exam then it is your utmost responsibility to verify your eligibility before you make an application for the entrance test. You should fill up the form by providing the genuine details only otherwise it will lead to rejection.
- The minimum qualification, a candidate should have, is Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PwD). In case your university is offering is offering in terms of CGPA/grades then you need to convert it into the percentage as per your university norms.
- Candidates, who are appearing in the final year exam of Bachelor’s degree, are permitted to apply.
Reservation norms in CAT exam 2018 are as follows:
- SC- 15% seats;
- ST- 7.5% seats;
- NC-OBC- 27%
- PwD- 3%
Best Books for CAT: Check Here
CAT 2018 Online Application Form | CAT Registration 2018 | Form Correction | CAT Application Form Status | Application Fee
CAT Application Form 2018
You should not get confused while applying for CAT 2018 Exam as if you commit any mistakes then your form won’t be accepted by the exam conducting authority. Therefore, students are suggested to read the information brochure before you start the application session.
- Online Registration- Candidates have to visit the official web portal of CAT in order to register and apply online for the exam. During registration, you will be asked to provide information such as your phone number, email id, phone number, and date of birth.
- Fill Up CAT Form 2018 Online- Upon completion of the registration process, candidates would be asked to provide their personal, educational info, mailing address and work experience.
- Uploading Required Documents- Candidates need to obtain the scanned copies of few documents such as Signature, Photograph, Category certificate and disability certificate as per the specifications provided in the brochure.
- Application Fee Payment: Candidates can make the payment of CAT 2018 Application Fee using net banking/ debit card/ credit card.
CAT Application Fee
|Candidates’||Application Fee in Rupees|
If you are claiming under SC/ST/PwD category then you will have to you will have to submit the relevant certificate. Along with that, you will have to give the four preferences of exam city. The authority will allot one of the four centres once the last date of registration will get over.
CAT 2018 Application Form Status
Once the form is submitted successfully, an email and a pop-up message will appear on the screen showing application successfully submitted. If the message doesn’t appear then it means you have not submitted your form successfully or there is some sort of errors in the form. Please double verify the details furnished by you in the form before final submission.
CAT Form Correction
If either accidentally or due to lack of information you have provided the incorrect details in the form then you can make the necessary correction as required. The authority allows candidates to make corrections in between the specified deadline.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern | No. of Questions | Marking Scheme in CAT Exam |Negative Marking | CAT Syallbus| CAT FAQ
Here are the important information related to CAT exam pattern 2018 which will help during preparation for the exam. We have provided a quick overview of exam pattern below:
- Examination Type: The exam will be conducted in CBT mode.
- Exam Duration: Candidates are required to solve the question paper in 180 minutes.
- No. of Questions: There will be 100 objective type questions in the exam.
- Participating Subjects: Questions are to be asked from verbal ability & Reading Comprehension, logical reasoning & data interpretation and quantitative ability.
- Marking Procedure: There will be 3 marks provided for every correct response.
- Deduction for Wrong Attempt: There will be deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect response.
Distribution of Questions
|Description of Sections||No. of Questions||Marks Given||Examination Duration|
|Quantitative Ability||34||102||60 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60 Minutes|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60 Minutes|
CAT 2018 Syllabus
Know here quick highlights of CAT 2018 exam syllabus.
|Quantitative Ability||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension|
|Arithmetic Progression||Graphs||Visual Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning|
|Geometry||Bar Graphs||Critical Reasoning||Contextual usage|
|Installment Payments||Column Graphs||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Syllogisms|
|Arithmetic Mean||Line Charts||Statements and assumptions||Analogies|
|Ratios and Proportions||Graphs representing Area||Assertion and reasons||Idioms|
|Work and Time||Pie Charts||Matrix arrangements||Sentence completion|
|Logarithm||Venn Diagram||Coding and Decoding||Sentence Correction|
CAT 2018: FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Ques: Who is eligible to appear in the exam?
Ans : Candidates, having graduation degree with 50% marks (45% in case of Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person With Disability (PWD) category candidates), are eligible to appearing in CAT. Final year candidates can apply.
Ques: Presently I’m in final year of my graduation degree, so what marks do I need to provide in the form?
Ans : The Aggregate Percentage up to the last marks statement you have received from your University.
Ques: What is the age limit for appearing in CAT exam?
Ans : No age limit.
Ques: Is it possible to appear in more than one slot for CAT 2018?
Ans : No, It’s not possible.
Ques: I’m unable to get my admit card, to whom should I contact?
Ans : A candidate who have successfully submitted his/her application can download the admit card from the official website of CAT with using his/her User ID and Password. In case you are unable to get your admit card then you can contact on-
- Toll free: 18002663549
- Email: [email protected]
Ques: Do I belong to the NC-OBC category? How to find?
Ans : Please visit- http://www.ncbc.nic.in for the same.
Ques: How many times can I appear for CAT?
Ans : There are no such restrictions.
Ques: Is it possible to bring calculator inside the examination hall?
Ans : No, it’s not possible. However, you may use onscreen calculator.
CAT 2018 Admit Card | How to Download CAT Hall Ticket | Discrepancies in CAT Admit Card
Admit card will be generated for candidates who have successfully submitted their application before the given timeline and in the requisite format. We’ll mention the timeline of downloading the admit card as we find the same officially. You may find here the procedure of downloading the admit card provided below:
- Go to the official website of CAT 2018 (link will be provided here soon);
- Soon after clicking the link, a new page would appear on screen;
- Now, you need to provide your login credentials;
- After entering the credentials click the login button to access your admit card;
- You can download your admit card in pdf format;
- Obtain the extra printouts of your admit card and keep it preserved for future reference.
CAT 2018 Result | Score Card for CAT 2018
The result of the exam is possible to be announced in the second week of January 2019. Candidates can easily check their result from the official web portal of IIM CAT with using their valid ID and password. Along with that, candidates will also receive information about their result to their registered phone number.
How to Download CAT Score Card?
I’m sharing the manual process of checking your result below:
- Access the official website of CAT exam i.e. iimcat.ac.in;
- Now hit the ‘Download CAT 2018 Result’ option available at the bottom of home page;
- Now provide your hall ticket number or registration number in the respective fields;
- Soon after clicking the enter button your score and rank card would be displayed on the screen;
- At the last, you can download your rank card for future reference;
CAT 2018 Selection Procedure | Documents Required for Reserved Category | IIM Selection Criteria
IIM will release cutoff of CAT 2018 exam and based on which candidates will be shortlisted for the Group discussion, Personal Interview and Written Ability Test. The final selection of candidates will be based on their performance in CAT, PI, GD and WAT. Including this candidates’ previous academic performance and work experience will be also counted in terms of giving preference.
If a candidate is shortlisted for the interview then his/her eligibility would be verified in the following means:
Mark Sheets and Degree Certificates for CAT 2018
A candidate is required to produce the mark sheets and submit attested copies of the same at the time of interview. Further, if he/she is shortlisted for a course then he/she has to submit the original degree certificate and mark sheets of all semesters/years along with its attested copies to the concerned authority for the verification purpose.
Requirements for Reserved Category in CAT 2018
After getting shortlisted for Interview, SC/ST/NC-OBC/PwD category candidates have to produce the caste and/or disability certificate and submit its photocopy at the time of interview. Further, if he/she is shortlisted for a programme then he/she will have to submit the original certificate of qualifying degree along with its attested copies at the time of joining the particular programme.
Students of Final Year of the Qualifying Degree
Final year’s candidate; if shortlisted for the interview, then they will have to show an original certificate obtained from the Principal / Registrar / Director of the university/ institution certifying that he/she has acquired 50% marks or its equivalent (45% for SC/ST/PD category). Along with that, they will also have to submit attested copy of the original certificate at the time of interview.