Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by IIM for admission to various postgraduate programmes offered by IIMs including IIM Visakhapatnam, Udaipur, Tiruchirappali, IIM Sirmaur, Shillong, Sambalpur, Rohtak, Ranchi, Raipur, Nagpur, Lucknow, Kozhikode, Kashipur, Jammu, Indore, Calcutta, Bodh Gaya, Bangalore, Amritsar and Ahmedabad. CAT 2018 application form will be most probably available from August 2018 and exam will be held in the month of December 2018.
Programmes Offered Under CAT 2018
Post Graduate programmes Offered in Management
|Name of the Institutes||Programmes Offered||Website Addresses|
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP||www.iima.ac.in|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM||www.iimtrichy.ac.in|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX||www.iimshillong.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX||www.iimrohtak.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM||www.iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE||www.iimraipur.ac.in|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM||www.iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP||www.iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM||www.iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||www.iimbg.ac.in|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM||www.iimb.ac.in|
Fellow Programme Offered in Management
|Name of the Institute||Programme Offered|
|IIM Raipur||FPM & EFPM|
|IIM Kashipur||FPM & EFPM|
CAT 2018 Calendar: Important Dates
Find below all important dates related to CAT 2018. These timelines will make it easier for you to participate in the events of CAT exam.
|SL. No||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1.||Online application process will start||August, 2018|
|2.||Deadline to submit the application form||September, 2018|
|3.||Correction window will be open||October, 2018|
|4.||Admit Card will be downloaded from||October, 2018|
|5.||Examination Date||December, 2018|
|6.||Answer Key will be released||December, 2018|
|7.||Announcement of the result||January, 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2018
if you are planning to appear in CAT exam then it is your utmost responsibility to verify your eligibility before you make an application for the entrance test. You should fill up the form by providing the genuine details only otherwise it will lead to rejection.
- The minimum qualification, a candidate should have, is Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PwD). In case your university is offering is offering in terms of CGPA/grades then you need to convert it into the percentage as per your university norms.
- Candidates, who are appearing in the final year exam of Bachelor’s degree, are permitted to apply.
Reservation norms in CAT exam 2018 are as follows:
- SC- 15% seats;
- ST- 7.5% seats;
- NC-OBC- 27%
- PwD- 3%
CAT Application Form 2018
You should not get confused while applying for CAT 2018 as if you commit any mistakes then your form won’t be accepted by the exam conducting authority. Therefore, students are suggested to read the information brochure before you start the application session.
One can apply for CAT by following the information we have furnished below:
- Candidates will have to register for CAT in online mode from its official web portal.
- Before applying for CAT exam, candidates must be eligible according to the University’s norms.
- Payment can be made through credit card/debit card/net banking.
- Application Fee (Rs. 1800/- for General/NC-OBC & Rs.900/- for SC/ST).
If you are claiming under SC/ST/PwD category then you will have to you will have to submit the relevant certificate. Along with that, you will have to give the four preferences of exam city. The authority will allot one of the four centres once the last date of registration will get over.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Here are the important information related to CAT exam pattern which will help during preparation for the exam. We have provided a quick overview of exam pattern below:
- Examination Type: The exam will be conducted in CBT mode.
- Exam Duration: Candidates are required to solve the question paper in 180 minutes.
- No. of Questions: There will be 100 objective type questions in the exam.
- Participating Subjects: Questions are to be asked from verbal ability & Reading Comprehension, logical reasoning & data interpretation and quantitative ability.
- Marking Procedure: There will be 3 marks provided for every correct response.
- Deduction for Wrong Attempt: There will be deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect response.
Distribution of Questions
|Description of Sections||No. of Questions||Marks Given||Examination Duration|
|Quantitative Ability||34||102||60 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60 Minutes|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60 Minutes|
Admit card will be generated for candidates who have successfully submitted their application before the given timeline and in the requisite format. We’ll mention the timeline of downloading the admit card as we find the same officially. You may find here the procedure of downloading the admit card provided below:
- Go to the official website of CAT 2018 (link will be provided here soon);
- Soon after clicking the link, a new page would appear on screen;
- Now, you need to provide your login credentials;
- After entering the credentials click the login button to access your admit card;
- You can download your admit card in pdf format;
- Obtain the extra printouts of your admit card and keep it preseve for future reference.
CAT 2018 Result
The result of the exam is possible to be announced in the second week of January 2018. Candidates can easily check their result from the official web portal of IIM CAT with using their valid ID and password. Along with that, candidates will also receive information about their result to their registered phone number. I’m sharing the manual process of checking your result below:
- Access the official website of CAT exam i.e. iimcat.ac.in;
- Now hit the ‘Download CAT 2018 Result’ option available at the bottom of home page;
- Now provide your hall ticket number or registration number in the respective fields;
- Soon after clicking the enter button your score and rank card would be displayed on the screen;
- At the last, you can download your rank card for future reference;
CAT 2018: Selection Procedure
IIM will release cutoff of CAT 2018 and based on which candidates will be shortlisted for the Group discussion, Personal Interview and Written Ability Test. The final selection of candidates will be based on their performance in CAT, PI, GD and WAT. Including this candidates’ previous academic performance and work experience will be also counted in terms of giving preference.
If a candidate is shortlisted for the interview then his/her eligibility would be verified in the following means:
Mark Sheets and Degree Certificates
A candidate is required to produce the mark sheets and submit attested copies of the same at the time of interview. Further, if he/she is shortlisted for a course then he/she has to submit the original degree certificate and mark sheets of all semesters/years along with its attested copies to the concerned authority for the verification purpose.
Requirements for Reserved Category
After getting shortlisted for Interview, SC/ST/NC-OBC/PwD category candidates have to produce the caste and/or disability certificate and submit its photocopy at the time of interview. Further, if he/she is shortlisted for a programme then he/she will have to submit the original certificate of qualifying degree along with its attested copies at the time of joining the particular programme.
Students of Final Year of the Qualifying Degree
Final year’s candidate; if shortlisted for the interview, then they will have to show an original certificate obtained from the Principal / Registrar / Director of the university/ institution certifying that he/she has acquired 50% marks or its equivalent (45% for SC/ST/PD category). Along with that, they will also have to submit attested copy of the original certificate at the time of interview.