CAT (Common Admission Test) 2017 is a national level management aptitude test conducted by IIMs primarily for admission to several management programmes offered by IIMs. CAT online registration starts in the month of August and exam gets organized in the month of November. Major post graduate programmes offered by IIM’s are as follows:
|IIM Name||Courses Offered||Official Website|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP and PGPBM||www.iimtrichy.ac.in|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP and PGPEX||www.iimshillong.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP and EPGP||www.iimrohtak.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM and PGDHRM||www.iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Raipur||PGP and PGPWE||www.iimraipur.ac.in|
|PGP, PGP-ABM and PGPSM||www.iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP and EPGPM||www.iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP and EPGP||www.iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||www.iimcal.ac.in/iimbihar|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM and PGPPM||www.iimb.ernet.in|
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP and PGP-FABM||www.iimahd.ernet.in|
Along with that, FPM (Fellow Programmes in Management) programme is also offered IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta, IIM Bangalore, IIM lndore, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Kashipur, lIM Lucknow, IIM Ranchi, IIM Raipur, IIM Rohtak, IIM Tiruchirappalli, RGIIM Shillong, IIM Udaipur and EFPM programme by IIM Raipur and IIM Kashipur.
Latest News on CAT 2016
Check CAT result/download score card: Click Here
Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in CAT Exam
Please go through the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in this test:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent qualification (recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India) with minimum 50% marks or its equivalent CGPA (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/DA/PwD category applicants).
- Candidates those are appearing for final year graduation or its equivalent or awaiting for their result are eligible to apply. In this case, candidates will have to submit the necessary document latest by June 30, 2017.
- Before applying for the test, kindly double verify your eligibility as it will be checked by IIMs at several stages of selection procedure.
Check Complete Eligibility Criteria- Click Here
CAT Exam Important Dates
|CAT 2017 Events||Respective Dates|
|Online registration/online application form begins from||August, 2017 to September, 2017|
|Downloading window of admit card will be open from||October, 2017|
|Examination date||November, 2017|
|Result announcement date||Second week of January, 2017|
CAT 2017 Registration Procedure- How to Apply?
Here are the important guidelines to apply for CAT exam, please go through the same as it will help you during registration procedure:
- Aspirants can apply for CAT exam from its official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in.
- First complete the registration process by providing few details such as date of birth, name, mobile number and email address to receive user ID and password.
- Now by using these login credentials login on CAT official website.
- Access the application form by clicking the appropriate link and fill up the details as required.
- Upload necessary documents such as signature and passport size photograph, PWD/DA Certificate and NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate.
- Select programme names.
- Now provide exam city preferences, you are allowed to select maximum four cities.
- Do the payment of requisite fee by using Credit Card (Visa / Master), debit card, Credit Card (American Express) and Debit Card (Visa / Master). Application fee for General / NC-OBC is Rs. 1600/- and for SC/ST /PWD (DA) category it is Rs. 800/-.
- Once you did the payment, a conformation email will be sent to your email ID.
- Finally login to your account and download your filled application form and take printout of the same for future reference.
Instructions to Apply for CAT- Check Here
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Ans: Candidates, having graduation degree with 50% marks (45% in case of Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person With Disability (PWD) category candidates), are eligible to appearing in CAT. Final year candidates can apply.
Ans: The Aggregate Percentage up to the last marks statement you have received from your University.
Ans: No age limit.
Ans: No, It’s not possible.
Ans: A candidate who have successfully submitted his/her application can download the admit card from the official website of CAT with using his/her User ID and Password. In case you are unable to get your admit card then you can contact on-
- Toll free: 18002663549
- Email: [email protected]
Ans: Please visit- http://www.ncbc.nic.in for the same.
Ans: There are no such restrictions.
Ans: No, it’s not possible. However, you may use onscreen calculator.
Check Here Exam Pattern
Complete details related to the exam pattern are as follows, candidates should go through these details as it will be helpful for them during exam preparation:
|Type of the Test||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Questions||
Best Reference Books for CAT Exam Preparation- Check Here
Candidates should have details regarding exam centers for CAT 2017. Candidate will feel the requirement of this during application procedure. Click Here to get list of exam cities.
Admit card of candidates for successfully registered candidates will be released in the mid of October, 2017. We advise you to keep visiting this page if you’d like to acquire further updates on the admit card.
CAT 2017 Result
Candidates can expect CAT 2017 result in the month of December/January, 2018. Candidates those would like to get updated with latest updates on CAT exam they need to get in touch with 99Entranceexam.
CAT 2017 Score Card
Score card of applicants will be available at the official website of CAT i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in and candidates will be also intimated regarding the same. Score card will be possibly available at its official website in the month of January, 2018.
Based on CAT exams score, students will be selected by IIMs for second stage of selection. The selection procedure may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Previous work experience, academic performances might be considered by IIMs during admission procedure. For further updates, keep visiting the article.