CAT 2017: Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level management aptitude test conducted by IIMs primarily for admission to several management programmes offered by IIMs. Every year, CAT online registration usually starts in the month of August and exam gets organised in the month of November.
In the year 2017, the registration process for CAT 2017 is commencing from 9th August 2017 and will end on 20th September 2017. This post will make you aware with crucial information relating to CAT 2017 exam. Read this post and retrieve its associated details.
Register Here- CAT 2017 registration process has been commenced from 9th August 2017.
Post Graduate Programmes in IIMs Through CAT 2017
Major post graduate programmes offered by IIM’s are as follows:
|IIM Name||Courses Offered||Official Website|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP and PGPBM||www.iimtrichy.ac.in|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP and PGPEX||www.iimshillong.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP and EPGP||www.iimrohtak.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM and PGDHRM||www.iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Raipur||PGP and PGPWE||www.iimraipur.ac.in|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM and PGPSM||www.iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP and EPGPM||www.iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP and EPGP||www.iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||www.iimcal.ac.in/iimbihar|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM and PGPPM||www.iimb.ernet.in|
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP and PGP-FABM||www.iimahd.ernet.in|
Note: Along with that, FPM (Fellow Programmes in Management) programme is also offered IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta, IIM Bangalore, IIM lndore, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Kashipur, lIM Lucknow, IIM Ranchi, IIM Raipur, IIM Rohtak, IIM Tiruchirappalli, RGIIM Shillong, IIM Udaipur and EFPM programme by IIM Raipur and IIM Kashipur.
CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Please go through the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in this test:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent qualification (recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India) with minimum 50% marks or its equivalent CGPA (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/DA/PwD category applicants).
- Candidates those are appearing for final year graduation or its equivalent or awaiting for their result are eligible to apply. In this case, candidates will have to submit the necessary document latest by June 30, 2017.
- Before applying for the test, kindly double verify your eligibility as it will be checked by IIMs at several stages of the selection procedure.
Also Read: CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria- Complete info
CAT Exam Important Dates
|CAT 2017 Events||Respective Dates|
|Online registration/online application form begins from||9th August 2017 to September 20, 2017 (till 5 PM)|
|Downloading window of admit card will be open from||18th October 2017 (1 PM onwards)|
|Examination date||26th November 2017|
|Result announcement date||Second week of January 2018|
CAT 2017 Registration Procedure- How to Apply?
Here are the important guidelines to apply for CAT exam, please go through the same as it will help you during the registration procedure. However, it is mandatory for candidates to confirm their eligibility before they move to the registration process.
- Aspirants can apply for CAT exam from its official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in.
- First complete the registration process by providing few details such as date of birth, name, mobile number and email address to receive user ID and password.
- Now by using these login credentials login on CAT official website.
- Access the application form by clicking the appropriate link and fill up the details as required.
- Upload necessary documents such as signature and passport size photograph, PWD/DA Certificate and NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate.
- Select programme names.
- Now provide exam city preferences, you are allowed to select maximum four cities.
- Do the payment of the requisite fee by using Credit Card (Visa / Master), debit card, Credit Card (American Express) and Debit Card (Visa / Master). The application fee for General / NC-OBC is Rs. 1600/- and for SC/ST /PWD (DA) category it is Rs. 800/-.
- Once you did the payment, a conformation email will be sent to your email ID.
- Finally login to your account and download your filled application form and take the printout of the same for future reference.
Check Here: Instructions to Apply for CAT 2017
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Check Here Exam Pattern
Complete details related to the exam pattern are as follows, candidates should go through these details as it will be helpful for them during exam preparation:
|Type of the Test||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Questions||
Best Reference Books for CAT Exam Preparation- Check Here
Candidates should have details regarding exam centers for CAT 2017. Candidate will feel the requirement of this during application procedure. They need to attend the exam at the exam centre mentioned on their admit card. Therefore, they should carefully read the instructions mentioned on their respective admit card.
Admit card of candidates for successfully registered candidates will be released on 18th October 2017 (1 PM onwards). We advise you to keep visiting this page if you’d like to acquire further updates on the admit card. On the given date, we’ll provide here the link through which you can download your admit card without any sort of hassles.
CAT 2017 Result
Candidates can expect CAT 2017 result in the month of January 2018. Candidates those would like to get updated with latest updates on CAT exam they need to get in touch with 99Entranceexam. We’ll update this post time to time with updated details so that you won’t have to face any trouble towards participating in the admission process.
CAT 2017 Score Card
Score card of applicants will be available at the official website of CAT i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in and candidates will be also intimated regarding the same. The score card will be possibly available at its official website in the month of January 2018.
Based on CAT exams score, students will be selected by IIMs for second stage of selection. The selection procedure may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Previous work experience, academic performances might be considered by IIMs during admission procedure. For further updates, keep visiting the article.