The Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET 2020) will be conducted by the Sri Venkateswara University on behalf of APSCHE for admissions into the first year courses of MBA, MCA and lateral entry MCA programme offered by various colleges/universities in the state. The exam is organized on an annual basis. Interested candidates need to apply for the entrance exam to be eligible for admission through AP ICET.
It is important for the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria to check whether they can appear for the exam or not as Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to take the exam. For more details on the AP ICET 2020 exam such as Exam pattern, syllabus, application form, admit card etc, candidates are suggested to follow the complete article.
Important Exam Dates for AP ICET 2020
Candidates can prepare for the exam utilizing the given information on the exam dates. The exact dates will be updated once the authority releases an official notification.
|Notification Release date||2nd week of March 2020|
|Online form availability||3rd week of March 2020|
|Last date to submit the form without late fee||2nd week of April 2020|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee of Rs. 2000/-||4th week of April 2020|
|Online correction in the form||3rd week of April to 4th week of April 2020|
|Hall tickets Downloading||Last week of April 2020|
|Exam Date||1st week of May 2020|
|Preliminary key declaration (answer key)||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date of receiving objections on preliminary key||1st week of May 2020|
|Result announcement||2nd week of May 2020|
Exam Pattern for AP ICET 2020
Candidates should prepare for the exam keeping in mind the exam pattern specified by the concerned authority. Candidate can take a reference from the given information to know about the exam pattern of the AP ICET 2020 Entrance Exam-
- Exam Mode: Online
- Exam Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Language: For Section C: English and For Section A & B: English and Telugu
- Types of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
- Total Marks: 200 Marks
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark will be given for every right answer
- Negative Marking: Not Applicable
|Section||No. of Questions||Duration|
|A (Analytical Ability)||75|| |
|B (Mathematical Ability)||75|
|C (Communication Ability)||50|
AP ICET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can take a look at the AP ICET syllabus given below-
Analytical Ability: This section will test the problem-solving approach of a candidate and their ability to understand the data to find if the given information is sufficient or not. Candidates need to practice the topics such as coding/decoding, sequence & series, data analysis, date and time problems etc.
Mathematical Ability: Here are the topics needed to be prepared to prepare this section of the paper- Ratio & Proportions, Surds & Indices, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Work and Time, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statements and Truths, Statistics, Probability etc.
Communication Ability: Here a candidate’s ability to communicate properly, his/her vocabulary, Understanding of the English language, Grammar, Comprehension etc will be assessed.
Preparation Tips for AP ICET 2020
Here are some useful preparation tips for the candidates through which they can easily crack the AP ICET exam-
- Organize your study schedule by making a practical time table. Avoid bombarding it with unrealistic goals.
- Prepare short notes while studying.
- Don’t neglect the revision part of the preparation. Revise the topics that you consider weak to jot it dot into your memory.
- Solve as many as mock papers as you can. It will help you in identifying your weak point where the attention is needed.
- Don’t waste unnecessary time on social media. Use it only during small breaks (if necessary).
- To freshen up your mind, involve yourself in indoor/outdoor activities.
Recommended Books for AP ICET 2020
Candidates can take a note of the mentioned reference books for exam preparation-
- Previous year papers for AP ICET by Kiran Publication.
- A complete study package for MCA by Arihant publication.
- AP & TS ICET books by Parix’s Group
- Quantitative aptitude by R.S Aggarwal.
AP ICET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply for the AP ICET exam through the official website www.sche.ap.gov.in/icet. The application form can only be filled via online mode. Applicants should apply early to avoid disappointment. The application form must be filled carefully. However, in case of a mistake in the application form, candidates will be provided with a correction window during which they can edit the mistaken information in the form. The scanned photograph and signature should be kept ready while filling the form. Applicants need to pay a certain amount of application fee to submit the form successfully. Applications received without the fee will be liable to get rejected.
Candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 550/- irrespective of the category they belong to. The given fee can be deposited either through online mode (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) or via AP Online centers/E-Seva Centers.
Eligibility Criteria for AP ICET 2020
Aspirants should satisfy the eligibility conditions specified by the authority in order to appear for the AP ICET 2020 Exam. Candidates should note that ineligible candidates won’t be permitted by the exam conducting authority to take the exam. Therefore, it is vital for all the candidates to fulfill these given criteria of eligibility-
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen and should satisfy the local/non-local status accordingly.
- For MBA: A candidate should hold a degree of duration 3 years from a recognized university or its equivalent with mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 10th.
- For MCA: A candidate should hold a degree of duration 3 years with mathematics as one of the subjects in class 12th or at degree level.
- For MCA-Lateral Entry: A candidate should hold a degree in IT/CS with mathematics at 10+2 level or degree level or have done BCA from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks Required: Candidates should have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for candidates from reserved categories) in above qualifying examination.
Admit Card for AP ICET 2020
Candidates can download their hall ticket for the exam from the official website. The admit card must be preserved till the admission process is finished. Candidates should keep a printout of the admit card for future use. The admit card mustn’t be misplaced or damaged. Candidates must carry the admit card along with one ID proof in the exam hall. The entry will be denied to the candidates who won’t possess a valid admit card.
AP ICET 2020 Result
The result of AP ICET 2020 examination will be published on the official website in form of a merit list. The merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance exam. The merit rank obtained will be valid for the year 2020-2021. The process of normalization will be followed during the calculation of the scores. Candidates can check their scores from the official website www.sche.ap.gov.in/icet. Candidates shortlisted based on the merit list will be called for counseling to start the process of admission. Candidates are suggested to check the official website regularly for latest updates on the exam.