BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 application form is likely to release in third week of March 2023 through online mode. BIT Mesra Hotel Management Entrance Test (BHMCT) is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology on a yearly basis. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in an entrance test followed by an interview. Find complete details related to the BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 admission process in this post.
Table of Contents
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023|
|Full form||BIT Mesra Hotel Management Entrance Test|
|Who conducts the exam?||Birla Institute of Technology|
|Courses||4-year Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology|
|Mode of application||Online|
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 Exam Dates
The official dates related to the BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 entrance exam are provided in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||March 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date to apply online||June 2023, 3rd week|
|Release of admit card||June 2023, 4th week|
|Date of entrance exam||July 2023, 1st week|
|Date of interview||July 2023, 1st week|
|Declaration of result||July 2023, 1st week|
|Commencement of classes||July 2023, 3rd week|
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who meet the criteria prescribed below are eligible for BIT Mesra BHMCT admission 2023:
- The candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1996 (General/ OBC category candidates) or 1st October 1991 (SC/ ST category candidates) are only eligible.
- Candidates who have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate are eligible. English as a subject at +2 level is also compulsory.
- Those appearing in the class 12th exam this year can also apply for the exam, subject to production of mark sheet with requisite percentage of marks in class 12 at the time of entrance test and interview.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU, if required.
- At any level of the studies (Class X or XII), the candidate must have passed all the subjects from the same Board.
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 Application Form
The candidates can obtain the online application form for BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 from the official website of the institute www.bitmesra.ac.in. Candidates are advised to read the important instructions carefully before they start filling the application form.
- A registration form providing basic details like name, gender, mobile number, email address, etc should be filled first.
- Upon successful registration, a registration number and password will be generated using which the candidates can obtain the application form.
- The application form can be filled by providing rest personal details and qualifying exam details of the candidates.
- Photograph and signature of the candidate in scanned format should also be uploaded into the application form.
- The information entered in the application form should be correct and complete or else the form might get rejected.
- After providing the details as asked in the form, the candidates can submit it with the prescribed application fee.
- A copy of the submitted application form should be taken by the candidates and kept safe for future reference.
- Payment of application fee can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- For General/ OBC candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 1500/- and for SC/ ST candidates, it will be Rs. 1000/-.
- Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of BIT Mesra BHMCT exam pattern is provided below:
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
|Serial no.||Topics||Number of questions|
|2||Numerical & Data Analysis||25|
|3||Reasoning & Intelligence||25|
An interview of the candidates will also be conducted on the same day as the entrance exam. Selection of the candidates will be done according to their combined performance in the test and the interview. Please keep the following documents with you for attending the interview:
- Printout of online filled application form
- The photograph you had uploaded in the application form
- Application fee payment receipt
- Class 10 pass certificate and marksheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Photo identity card
- Certificate to Pwd and Kashmiri Migrants
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 Syllabus
Check out the syllabus for the BHMCT entrance exam below:
- English Language: Sequence of Sentences, Comprehension, Synonyms, Fillers, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution & Common Errors
- Numerical & Data Analysis: HCF and LCM, Number System, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Time, Speed and Distance, Average, Simple Interest, Plane Geometry, Ratio & Proportion, Data Sufficiency & Data Interpretation
- Reasoning & Intelligence: Classification, Analogy Test, Coding-Decoding Test, Series Test, Alphabet Test, Direction Test, Comprehension of Ranks, Blood Relations Test, Image Test, Cube & Dice, Counting of Figures Test, & Miscellaneous Test
- General Knowledge: Geography, Indian History, Indian Economy, Indian Polity, General awareness, General Science, Business Awareness
BIT Mesra BHMCT Admit Card
- BIT Mesra BHMCT admit card will be made available on the official website of the institute.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card around a week before the exam using their registration number and password.
- Basic details related to the candidate and the exam such as name, roll number, center address, schedule, etc will be printed on the admit card.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken and carried to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Applicants will be allowed to enter the exam hall only after they produce a valid admit card and other important documents as given below.
Important documents to be carried to the exam center
The candidates reporting to the exam center on the day of exam must carry the following documents with them:
- BHMCT exam admit card
- Pass certificate of Class 10
- Mark sheet of Class 10
- Mark sheet of Class 12/ Intermediate or equivalent
- Caste certificate (if applicable) in proper format and signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO
- Photocopy of certificate in proper format from appropriate authority for candidates belonging to other special category (Person with Disability/ Kashmiri Migrant)
- Photo identification card: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card
- One recent color photograph (same as uploaded in the application form)
- Payment receipt towards application fee
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2023 Result & Admission
- Authorities will announce the result of the entrance exam plus interview through online mode tentatively in the month of July 2023.
- Candidates will be able to check the result by visiting the official website of BIT Mesra.
- Those who are declared as qualified will have to report to the institute for the admissions and document verification.
- Candidates reporting for admission must come along with their documents (in original as well as photocopy) and prescribed amount of fees.
- Only after successful verification of the documents, the candidates will be selected for admission.
- All selected students will be required to undergo medical examination by a Medical Officer of the institute.