An entrance exam, ITI Common Admission Test (ITICAT), is conducted by the BCECEB to shortlist the candidates for admission to ITI colleges of the Bihar state. Candidates who wish to get enrolled into these colleges need to apply online for the entrance exam. The application form will tentatively release in the month of April 2021 and the exam will be held in May 2021. Find detailed information regarding the Bihar ITI Admission 2021 such as important dates, eligibility, application process, etc from this article.
Bihar ITI Admission 2021 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to Bihar ITI Admission 2021 are provided in the table below:
|Release of application form in online mode||1st week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit the online application||Last week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit the application fee via challan||1st week of May 2021|
|Last date to submit the application fee via online mode||1st week of May 2021|
|Opening of application correction window||1st week of May 2021|
|Closing of application correction window||2nd week of May 2021|
|Issue of admit card||3rd week of May 2021|
|Entrance exam date||Last week of May 2021|
|Result declaration||1st week of July 2021|
|Commencement of counseling process||To be announced later|
Bihar ITI Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria given below can apply for Bihar ITICAT 2021:
- The minimum age of the candidates as on 1st August 2021 should be 14 years (17 years for Mechanic Tractor & Motor Vehicle).
- There is no maximum age limit for applying for the Bihar ITI admission 2021 process.
- Those who meet the local/ non-local status requirement of the Bihar state are only eligible to apply.
- A pass in class 10th or equivalent from a recognized board is required.
- For engineering trades, the candidate must have studied Science and Mathematics at class 10 level.
- The candidate must be fit both physically and mentally in order to be eligible for admissions.
Bihar ITI 2021 Application Form
- Candidates can apply online for Bihar ITI Admission 2021 by visiting the official website of BCECEB bceceboard.bihar.gov.in.
- The applicants need to register themselves first by providing basic details like name, email address, phone number, etc.
- After registration, a registration number and password will be generated using which the candidates can open the application form.
- The candidates need to enter rest personal and academic details into the application form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Duly-filled application form can be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- After submission is done successfully, the candidates should take a printout of the application form.
- There is no need to send this printout to the board but should be kept by the candidates for future reference.
- The application fee will be Rs. 750/- for General/ OBC candidates, Rs. 430/- for PWD candidates and Rs. 100/- for SC/ ST candidates.
- Candidates can make payment of application fee online using debit card/ credit card/ internet banking or offline via challan.
Bihar ITICAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic overview of Bihar ITICAT exam pattern 2021 from below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Exam duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Medium of test: Both Hindi & English
- Number of questions: 150
- Total marks: 300
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
Bihar ITI Admission 2021 Admit Card
- The board will release the admit card on its official website bceceboard.bihar.gov.in a few weeks before the exam.
- Candidates are required to download the admit card using their application details as asked.
- Details like name, gender, category, roll number of the candidate, schedule, venue of the exam, etc will be printed on the admit card.
- Applicants reporting at the exam center on the day of exam must carry a hard copy of the admit card along with them.
- The candidates are advised to keep their admit card safe till the admission process is over.
Bihar ITI Admission 2021 Result
- Candidates will be able to check the result of the entrance exam online from the official website of BCECEB.
- The authorities will prepare and release a merit list of the qualified candidates on the basis of their marks in the exam.
- Further process of counseling and admission will be carried out as per the names of the candidates in the merit list.
Bihar ITI Admission Counseling 2021
- Counseling of the candidates will be done as per the schedule specified by the board and uploaded on the official website.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the counseling must report at the venue and the time communicated to them.
- At the time of reporting, the candidates need to carry with them all the documents in original and photocopy for verification.
- The candidates will also be allowed to provide their choice for trade and institute for admissions.
- Upon successful document verification, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their ranking and choice.
Bihar ITI Admission 2021 FAQs
Is there any way I can make correction in the application form already submitted?
The board will provide a correction window to the candidates to make changes into the application form after submission. Candidates will be able to edit their application form during this period only. No separate requests regarding this will be accepted.
How do I know what exam center is allotted to me for the ITICAT?
The details of the exam center allotted to the candidates will be mentioned in their admit card. Candidates should report to that center only for appearing in the exam.
What if I lost my admit card before the exam?
To keep admit card safe from loss or damage it is suggested that you take multiple printouts of the same. No admit card will be sent to the candidates by post or courier.
What important documents are required at the time of verification?
Candidates need to carry the following documents with them during counseling:
- Entrance exam admit card
- ITICAT score card
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Character certificate
How do I get admission into the Govt. ITI institutes?
Candidates with good score and better ranking in the entrance exam have chances of getting enrolled into the Government ITIs of the state.
Also Check: Other State ITI Admission