BHU PET 2023 is an entrance exam conducted by the Banaras Hindi University in order to shortlist the candidates for admission to its postgraduate courses. Those interested candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last. The application form will release in online mode only. It is important for all the candidates to make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. The entrance exam will be conducted in online (Computer-based test) mode only. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the BHU PET 2023 examination.
Table of Contents
Courses Under BHU PET 2023
The university conducts the PET exam in order to shortlist the candidates for admission to a large number of PG courses. Some of these courses are as follows.
- MA – Arabic, English, French, German, Nepali, Persian, Bengali, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Urdu, Pali, Sanskrit, Linguistics, History of Art, Philosophy, Mass Communication, Museology.
- M.Sc- Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Botany, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Applied Microbology, Environmental Science, etc.
- MFA – Painting, Applied Arts, Plastic Arts, Textile Design
- MPA – Instrumental(Sitar)/ Instrumental(Violin)/ Instrumental(Flute)/ Instrumental(Tabla)/ Dance(Kathak)/ Dance(Bharat Natyam)/ Musicology
- MBA – Musicology/ Agribusiness
- M.Sc. in Environmental Science – Earth & Atmospheric Science/ Ecological Science/ Environmental Biotechnology
- M.Sc./ M.Tech in Diary Technology
- LLM/ LLM (1 year)/ LLM Course – Human rights & Duties Education.
- Master of Agri-Business Management
BHU UET 2023 Important Dates
The official dates for BHU PET 2023 are given in the table below.
|Availability of Application Form||2nd week of August 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of September 2023|
|Last date to change the test center||1st week of September 2023|
|Availability of the admit card||2nd week of September 2023|
|Date of examination||4th week of September 2023|
|Releasing of provisional Answer||1st week of October 2023|
|Last date to challenge the Answer keys||1st week of October 2023|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of October 2023|
|Date of issue of call letters for PG Course||2nd week of October 2023|
BHU PET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the candidates depends upon the course for which the candidate is looking to apply. The eligibility criteria for some of the important courses are as follows.
M.A. in Mass Communication
- Candidates must have a graduation degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate including all subjects studied at Graduate level.
M.A. in Museology
- M.A. in History of Art/Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology/History/ Sanskrit securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate after Graduation under at least 10+2+3 pattern.
MLib. I. Sc. (Master of Library & Information Science)
- Aspirants must have a bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate including all subjects studied at Graduate level.
M.P.Ed. (Master of Physical Education)
- Either Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) with 50% marks in the aggregate or 4 years Bachelor of Physical Education (Professional) Degree securing at least 50% marks in the aggregate.
- 3-Year LL.B. after Graduation under 10+2+3 pattern or five years LL.B. under 10+2+5 pattern recognised by the Bar Council of India securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in LL. B. Degree.
MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Please note that aspirants must have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at either Intermediate or +2 (10+2) or equivalent examination, or, Bachelors level (as a main or a subsidiary subject)
M.A. in Social Work
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in 10+2+3 pattern with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline.
MBA Foreign Trade/ Risk and Insurance/ Financial Management
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline under at least 10+2+3 pattern OR equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
M.Sc. in Forensic Science
- The candidate should be a science graduate under 10+2+3 pattern securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and having Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Psychology, Computer Science, Statistics, Forensic Science, Geography, Geophysics and Geology as main subject (combination of at least three of the subjects) at the Under Graduate level
- Apart from this, any graduate having MBBS/BDS/B.Tech./B.E./B.Pharm. Degree securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible.
- Candidates must have 3-Year LL.B. after Graduation under 10+2+3 pattern or five years LL.B. under 10+2+5 pattern recognized by the Bar Council of India securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in LL. B. Degree.
BHU PET 2023 Application Form
The application form of the BHU PET 2023 entrance exam will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to visit the official website of BHU in order to apply. The complete details related to the BHU PET application process 2023 are given below.
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official website and begin the registration.
- During the registration process, aspirants have to provide some of their basic details including name, date of birth, email ID, Mobile number, etc.
- After registration, candidates need to provide details of their photo identification documents. You may use any of the following documents for this purpose – Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID issued by the Election commission of India, Bank passbook affixed with the photograph, Driving License, Pan Card, any other valid Government ID Number, Admit card issued by the concerned Boards.
- Next, the aspirants have to log in and fill details in the main application form.
- In the application form, candidates have to provide all the required personal, contact, and educational qualification details.
- Apart from this, Candidates have to scan their photo and signature as per instruction given in the portal and upload it.
- In the next step, aspirants need to pay the required application fee.
- After submitting the application form and fee, candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
The application fee is different for the candidate of various categories are explained below.
|Course||SC/ ST/ PC||Others|
|All courses||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 600/-|
|Additional courses (in case of applying for more than one course)||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 400/-|
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or Internet Banking.
BHU PET 2023 Admit Card
- The university will release the admit card once the application form submission gets completed.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to visit the official website of the university and provide their registration details.
- Information like your Name, Gender, Category, Photograph, Signature, Course name, Course Code, etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
BHU PET 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern of BHU PET 2023 is explained below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of exam: 2 hours (for most of the courses)
- Language of exam: English or Hindi
- Number of Questions: 120
- Maximum Marks: 360
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 marks will be deducted in case of every incorrect answer.
Environmental Science, Department of Botany (Under Special Courses of Study)
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Basic Environmental Science||30||90|
|Life Sciences, Physics and Geology||30||90|
|Total||120 questions||360 marks|
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||40||120|
|Total||120 questions||360 marks|
BHU PET 2023 Result
- After conducting the examination, the university will declare the result in online mode through the official website.
- In order to check the result, aspirants have to provide their roll number and other registration details.
- Apart from the result, authorities will also release the merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- Those candidates who will score more than cutoff marks will be invited to the counselling process.
BHU PET 2023 Counselling
- Only those candidates who will clear the BHU PET 2023 examination will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, all the formalities of admission will take place.
- It is also important for candidates to get their documents verified during the counselling process.
- Admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of the admission fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form for BHU PET will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 2: Will there be any negative marking in the BHU PET 2023 exam?
Answer: Yes, 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
Question – 3: In case I am not satisfied with the result, can I apply for rechecking or re-evaluation?
Answer: No, there is no provision for rechecking.
Question – 4: What documents in original will be required at the time of admission?
Answer: The following documents will be required at the time of admission.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate, if passed from a university other than BHU (To be submitted not later than 90 days of admission).
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Intermediate (+2) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Mark sheets of High School/equivalent & Intermediate (+2)/equivalent.
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.
- PET Admit Card issued from the office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate on the basis of which reserved quota seat is claimed.
- Certificate(s) in support of claim for ‘Sports Seats’.
- Certificate of being the son/daughter of a permanent in-service employee/Retired/Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU in the prescribed format issued by the Central Registry.