Candidates will be selected for admission to B.Ed degree course of the Banaras Hindu University on the basis of an entrance exam. The university level entrance exam BHU B.Ed UET 2023 will be conducted tentatively in the month of June 2023. Applicants who want to appear for the exam need to submit their applications first. The application form will be released online tentatively in the month of April 2023. Only those who fulfill the eligibility requirements laid by the University for the B.Ed program should proceed with the application process.
Table of Contents
BHU B.Ed UET 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to BHU B.Ed UET 2021 are provided in the table below:
|Online application form release date||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of May 2023|
|Issue of admit card||3rd week of May 2023|
|Date of entrance test||2nd week of June 2023|
|Publication of result||3rd week of June 2023|
|Beginning of admission process||4th week of June 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for BHU B.Ed UET 2023
The detailed eligibility criteria for appearing in BHU B.Ed UET 2023 are discussed below:
- Applicants with a bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce scoring a minimum aggregate of 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with not less than 55% marks in aggregate can apply too.
Candidates will be required to select a subject group for appearing in the entrance test. The candidates applying under different groups must make sure that they have studied any of the subjects as their main subject during bachelors and/ or masters degree as given below.
|Group||Main subject at graduate and/ or postgraduate level|
|Science||Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Home Science|
|Social Science, Humanities||History or AIHC & Archaeology, Geography, Economics, Political Science or Civics, Commerce, Home Science, Education|
|Mathematics||Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science|
|Languages||Hindi, English, Sanskrit|
BHU B.Ed UET 2023 Application Form
The application form for BHU B.Ed UET 2023 will be released on the official admission portal of the Banaras Hindu university www.bhuonline.in. Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements for the B.Ed entrance exam can apply for the exam from April 2023 onwards.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and academic details such as name, date of birth, gender, category, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded in the application form.
- Care should be taken while filling the application form as applications with incorrect information will be summarily rejected.
- After providing all the details correctly into the application form, the candidates can proceed with its final submission.
- The application should be submitted online along with the prescribed amount of application fee.
- It is suggested that the candidates take a printout of the application form after submission and keep it safe with them for any future correspondence.
- The application fee for BHU B.Ed UET will be Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for reserved category candidates).
- Payment of the application fee can be done via online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
BHU B.Ed UET 2023 Exam Pattern
Basic overview of BHU B.Ed UET exam pattern 2023 is provided below:
- Duration of exam: 150 minutes
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 300
- Marking scheme: For every right answer, 3 marks will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative marking: For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Topics||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Teaching Aptitude, Reasoning, Current Educational Scenario||30||90|
BHU B.Ed UET 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear in the BHU B.Ed UET 2023 will be uploaded on the official website of the Banaras Hindi University.
- Candidates should download their admit card, take its printout and carry it to the exam center with them.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card and a photo identity proof.
- Important details of the exam like date, time and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- The admit card is an important document required at the time of admission and therefore should be preserved by the candidates even after the exam is over.
BHU B.Ed UET 2023 Result
- The authorities will declare the result of the BHU B.Ed entrance exam through online mode.
- Candidates can check their result using their roll number by visiting the official website of the university.
- Based on the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam, a merit list will be prepared.
- Candidates will be invited to attend the further rounds of admission as per their merit in the test.
BHU B.Ed Admission 2023
- Candidates shortlisted for admission must report for the same at the university as per the schedule communicated through the official website.
- Reporting candidates must carry with them all the important documents in photocopy and original.
- After the documents of the candidates are successfully verified, they will be offered final admission.
- Selected candidates should then complete the remaining formalities of admission and secure their seat.
The following documents should be carried by the candidates while appearing for the admission round:
- Class 10th or equivalent certificate
- Class 12th or equivalent certificate
- Mark sheets of class 10th and 12th or equivalent
- Mark sheets of graduation/ post graduation exam, as applicable
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate, if qualifying exam is passed from a university other than BHU (to be submitted within 90 days of admission)
- UET admit card
- Certificate(s) in support of claim for ‘Sports Seats’, if applicable
- Category certificate (for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates)
- Certificate of being the son/ daughter of a permanent in-service employee/ retired/ reemployed/ deceased employee of BHU in the prescribed format, if applicable
BHU B.Ed UET 2023 FAQs
Can I ask for a refund of the application fee?
No. The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
I am in final year bachelor’s/ master’s degree programme (as in year 2023). Can I apply?
Yes. The candidates who will complete their bachelor’s/ master’s degree programme before the commencement of the admission process can apply.
Can I fill my application form offline?
No. The application form for BHU B.Ed UET 2023 will only be released through online mode.
Is there any negative marking in the entrance exam?
Yes, there is a provision for negative marking for the wrong answers in the entrance exam.
What if I fail to report for the admission within the prescribed time limit?
Candidates failing to report for the admission within the prescribed time limit are likely to lose their seats. It is therefore important that you appear for the admissions as the schedule imitated to you.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here