Many postgraduate and research courses are offered by the Bharathiar University in the field of science, arts, commerce, management, etc. Interested candidates can apply for admission to these courses through online mode. For certain courses entrance exam will be conducted by the university while for rest courses the admission will be granted on the basis of qualifying exam marks. Before applying for admissions, the candidates are suggested to check their eligibility criteria. This article presents the important information related to the Bharathiar University admission 2023.
Table of Contents
Bharathiar University Admission 2023
|Admission||Bharathiar University Admission 2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Basis of admission||Entrance exam|
Courses Offered at the Bharathiar University
The Bharathiar University offers the following master and doctoral degree courses:
- B.Voc in Business Process and Data Analytics, Multimedia and Animation
- M.Voc in Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics
- M.Sc in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Medical Physics, Nanoscience & Technology, Chemistry, Zoology, Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, Botany, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cyber Security, Medical Biotechnology, Mathematics with Computer Applications, Data Analytics, Statistics with Computer Applications, Textiles & Apparel Design, Electronics & Instrumentation, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Environmental Sciences, E-Learning Technology
- MA Tamil, Linguistics, English Language Teaching, Economics, History, Sociology, Women’s Studies, Career Guidance, English Literature
- Master of Library and Information Sciences, Master of Library and Information Sciences (Lateral Entry)
- M.Com in Finance and Computer Application, Finance and Accounting
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Master of Social Work
PG Diploma courses:
- PG Diploma in Cheminformatics, Guidance and Counseling in Education, Educational Administration, Cognitive System, Export and Import Documentation and Procedure, Epigraphy, Women Entrepreneurship, Executive Programme in Career Guidance
- M.Phil in Management, Microbial Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Journalism and Mass Communication, Education, Career Guidance, Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Physical Education, English, Linguistics, Botany, Bioinformatics, Environmental Sciences, Zoology, Textiles and Apparel Design, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Medical Physics, Nanoscience & Technology, Electronics & Instrumentation, Social Work, Sociology, Population Studies, Psychology, Women Studies, Tamil
- PhD in Management, Microbial Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Journalism and Mass Communication, Education, Career Guidance, Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Physical Education, English, Linguistics, Botany, Bioinformatics, Environmental Sciences, Zoology, Textiles and Apparel Design, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Medical Physics, Nanoscience & Technology, Electronics & Instrumentation, Social Work, Sociology, Population Studies, Psychology, Women Studies, Tamil
Bharathiar University Admission 2023 Important Dates
Check below the important dates related to Bharathiar University Admission 2023 in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||3rd week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be notified later|
|Issue of admit card||To be notified later|
|Date of entrance exam||To be notified later|
|Declaration of result||To be notified later|
|Publication of merit list for courses with non-entrance exam||To be notified later|
|Starting of admission process||To be notified later|
|Closing of admission process||To be notified later|
|Beginning of classes||To be notified later|
Eligibility Criteria for Bharathiar University Admission 2023
The basic eligibility criteria to apply for Bharathiar University Admission 2023 are given below:
- M.Sc Biotechnology: The candidates should hold a bachelors degree in any branch of Agriculture/ Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences (Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Genetics, Biomedical Genetics) or B.Tech in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or MBBS/ BDS/ B.V.Sc/ B.Pharma with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
- M.Sc Microbiology: A bachelors degree with any of the following as a major subject: Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Agriculture/ Biochemistry/ Botany/ Plant Biology/ Biochemistry and Plant Biotechnology/ Environmental Sciences/ Medical Sciences (MBBS/ BDS/ B.V.Sc)/ Zoology scoring not less than 60% marks in aggregate is required.
- M.Sc Biochemistry: Applicants with an undergraduate degree in the field of Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Biomedical Science/ Medical Lab Technology/ Biomedical Instrumentation Science/ Bioinformatics/ Environmental Science/ Clinical Lab Technology/ Biochemistry (Nanotech)/ Chemistry scoring not less than 60% marks are eligible.
- M.Sc Chemistry: A pass in B.Sc Chemistry with Mathematics/ Physics as one of the ancillary subjects is required.
- M.Com Finance and Computer Applications: Those with a B.Com degree (Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Professional Accounting/ Cost & Management Accounting/ Finance/ International Business/ Accounting & Taxation/ Business Process Services/ Business Analytics/ E-Commerce/ Financial System/ Foreign Trade/ Corporate Secretaryship with CA) or BBM/ BBM (CA)/ BCS, BCS(CA), BBA/ BBA (CA) can apply.
- MCA: Candidates with BCA, B.Sc (Computer Science/ Computer Technology/ Information Technology/ Computer System and Design) or equivalent degree with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduate level are eligible.
- PGDCA in Cognitive System: A bachelor degree in Computer Applications/ Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics or equivalent is mandatory.
- M.Ed: Applicants with a B.Ed/ B.A. B.Ed/ B.Sc, B.Ed/ B.El.Ed/ UG with D.El.Ed degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks are eligible.
- PG Diploma in Guidance and Counseling: The candidates should hold any UG degree from recognized University.
- B.P.Ed: The applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate and having at least participation in the Inter-College/ Inter-Zonal/ District/ School competition in sports and games or bachelor’s degree in Physical education or any discipline with physical education as compulsory/ elective subject and minimum 45% marks.
- M.P.Ed: Candidates with a B.P.Ed degree or B.Sc degree in Health and Physical Education with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- MA Economics: A UG degree with Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics/ Commerce/ Mathematics/ Business Economics/ Management as one of the papers is required.
- MA Tamil: Candidates should have a BA Tamil or B.Litt. Tamil or any UG Degree with Part I Tamil scoring a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- M.Sc Applied Psychology: The applicants should hold a B.Sc Psychology degree of a recognized university.
- M.Sc Mathematics: A pass in B.Sc Mathematics/ B.Sc Mathematics with Computer Applications or equivalent degree is required.
- M.Sc Statistics with Computer Applications: Candidates with a pass in B.Sc Statistics, B.Sc Mathematics, B.Sc Mathematics with Computer Applications, B.Sc (Computer Science), BCA, with Statistics as one of the papers are eligible.
- M.Sc Mathematics with Computer Applications: The candidates should hold a B.Sc Mathematics/ B.Sc Mathematics with Computer Applications or equivalent degree.
Bharathiar University Application Form 2023
The application form for Bharathiar University Admission 2023 can be obtained from the official website of the university www.b-u.ac.in. Before proceeding with the application process, the candidates are suggested to make sure that they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- First step towards application process will be New User registration providing details like name, email address, Aadhaar number and password.
- Now, using their email address and password, the candidates can obtain the application form.
- The candidates will have to provide their basic personal and educational details to fill the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates along with important qualification documents should also be uploaded in the application form in scanned format.
- After providing all the details correctly into the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Once the application form is submitted successfully, the candidates should take its printout and keep it safe with them for future reference.
- Along with the form, the candidates will also have to make payment of the prescribed amount of application fee.
- Payment of the application fee can be done online via credit card/ debit card/ internet banking.
Bharathiar University Exam Admit Card 2023
- The admit card for appearing in the Bharathiar University Entrance Exam 2023 will be uploaded on the university’s official website.
- Candidates will be required to download their admit card, take its printout and carry it to the exam center.
- On the admit card, important details related to the exam such as date, time and venue will be printed.
- To protect from loss or damage, the candidates are suggested to keep multiple printouts of admit card with them.
- The candidates should preserve their admit card till the whole process of admission is over.
Bharathiar University Admission Result 2023
- The candidates who appear successfully for the entrance exam will be able to check their result online.
- The result will be declared on the website of the university as per the schedule decided by the authorities.
- On the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam, a merit list will be prepared.
- For courses with no entrance exam, the authorities will draw the merit list on the basis of candidates’ marks in the qualifying exam.
- As per their names in the list, the candidates will then be invited to attend the counseling round.
Bharathiar University Counseling 2023
- Details of the counseling process will be communicated to the candidates through the university’s website.
- At the time of counseling, original documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified.
- Candidates should therefore carry all the important documents with them while reporting for the counseling.
- The candidates will be asked to provide their choice for course specialization and campus after successful document verification.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of choice and merit and those selected should complete the remaining formalities of admission.
Question 1: Can I obtain my application form through offline mode?
Answer: No. The application form will only be released online on the official website of the Bharathiar University.
Question 2: If I don’t wish to be considered for the admissions anymore, can I get a refund on application fee?
Answer: Application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances. No request in this regard should be made.
Question 3: Is it possible to make changes in the exam center allotted to me?
Answer: The exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances. Details of the exam center allotted will be mentioned in the admit card.
Question 4: Will I get a call letter to appear for the counseling round?
Answer: No call letter will be sent to the candidates to attend the counseling round and the details regarding this will only be made available through the university’s official website.
Question 5: What if I fail to appear for the admission process in the given time limit?
Answer: The candidates who fail to report for the admissions in the given time limit will be considered as disqualified and will not be granted admission under any condition.