General Knowledge and Current Affairs are the topics that appear universally in the syllabus of almost every examination. If you have appeared for any competitive examination like SSC, UPSC, Railway, Banking, etc. then you might know how important the current affairs subject is. A large number of questions come directly from the current events and happenings including political, economic, and sporting events, etc. A question that buzzes the mind of a lot of students is which the best current affair book 2022 for exam preparation is. To help students, we are going to list the top current Affair books 2022 for the preparation of various examinations such as UPSC, SSC, Railways, etc.
How to choose the perfect book for Current Affairs?
As you know the current affair is a very dynamic subject in which the things keep changing from time to time. So, it is really important for a student to keep updating himself regularly. That’s why as a student you should always choose a book that helps you update your knowledge. The language used and way of representation should be simple and easy to understand.
Aspirants may also opt for reading newspapers daily to keep themselves updated with Current Affairs. However, many a time, it is very tough to filter out the useful knowledge from a newspaper. Some students also opt for subscribing to Youtube channels providing daily Current Affairs. But, the problem with this method is that many students tend to miss the videos after following them for some days of book. That’s why reading from the book is the best method to study current affairs and prepare for the exam such as SSC, UPSC, Bank, Railways, etc.
List of the best books for Current Affair 2022
Current Affairs by Arihant Experts
- Overview – To get a complete overview of the current affairs happening around India and the world, you can opt for a monthly or year edition of Current Affairs by Arihant Experts. The book gives special emphasis to competitive exams like UPSC, banking, and insurance sector, etc. The language used in this book is extremely simple. Plus, the way of representing data is quite understandable. Some of the topics intensively covered in the books are as follows – National affairs, international affairs, India & world, economy & Banking, Science & Technology, defence and security, space technology, health & nutrition, Agriculture, environment & ecology, sports paranormal, state affairs, Awards and Honours.
- Suggested for Examinations – IBPS (PO/ Clerk), NDA/CDS, SSC (CGL & 10+2), Railways & other state level competition exams
- Publisher – Arihant Publications
Current Affairs for Competitive Examination by Disha Experts
- Overview – Current Affairs for Competitive Examination by Disha Experts is an amazing book that is recommended by many experts. The topics, ideas, and issues discussed in this book are in a very lucid and student-friendly manner. The current affairs discussed in this book are not only important for competitive examinations but also for Group discussion and personal interviews.
- Suggested for Examinations – UPSC, SSC, Banking, Insurance, Railways, Engg. Services and AFCAT etc.
- Publisher – Disha Publication
Speedy Current Affairs 2022
- Overview – You must have observed that in examinations like fact-based current affairs is often asked. This is the reason why speedy current affairs are considered the best current affairs books for SSC examinations. Apart from questions and answers, you will also get interesting infographics for a better understanding.
- Suggested for Examinations – SSC, UPSC, Railway, etc.
- Publisher – Spark Publication
Drishti Current Affairs Today
- Overview – Drishti is a well-known brand name as far as examination preparation books are concerned. If you are preparing for the civil services examination then we can say that Drishti is the best current affairs book for UPSC. In this book, you can find in-depth analysis of various events and happenings in India and around the world.
- Suggested for Examinations – UPSC, State PSC, SSC CGL, etc.
- Publisher – Drishti Publications
Manorama Year Book 2022
- Overview – The Xfactor of Manorama Year Book is that it is one of the simplest books that contain current affairs along with news articles. The book covers a wide range of topics to boost up your knowledge. Another benefit of this book is that it contains a lot of interesting articles on topics such as social justice, gender equality, awards, foreign education, etc. along with the latest current affairs.
- Suggested for Examinations – SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, Banking Clerical Examination, Civil Services Examination, state PCS, etc.
- Publisher – Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd.
India Yearbook – Publications Division Government of India
- Overview – India yearbook is also a very good book that you can use as a comprehensive Digest of the country’s progress in different fields. The book includes information about various development projects in urban and rural India. Apart from this, you can also find extensive information related to current affairs, sports, and other important events.
- Suggested for Examinations – Railways, SSC, Banking, TET, etc.
- Publisher – Publications Division
Pratiyogita Darpan (Magazine)
- Overview – Pratiyogita Darpan is different from all other books mentioned in this post. In fact, it is a magazine helpful for cracking top-notch examinations such as IAS, SSC CGL, State PSC, etc. it is a bi-lingual magazine that is published in both Hindi and English languages. The magazine is instrumental in boosting up the knowledge of candidates especially in the field of economics, constitution of India, politics, geography, etc.
- Suggested for Examination – SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, UPSC, State PSC, etc.
- Publisher – Upkar Prakashan
Kiran’s Current Affairs
- Overview – Kiran Publication is also known for releasing some very good books of general knowledge and current affairs. This book is especially suggested if you are preparing for any state-oriented examination such as Lekhpal, State PSC, Police recruitment, etc.
- Suggested for Examination – State-level government job examinations.
- Publisher – Kiran Institute of Career Excellence Pvt. Ltd
Ace Banking and Static Awareness Book for Bank PO
- Overview – You might know that banking’s current affair is a bit different from the current affair questions asked in other general examinations. You can opt for Ace Banking and Static Awareness book. Published by Adda247, the book helps students by providing in-depth knowledge of the theories related to banking and other related aspects.
- Suggested for Examination – SBI PO, SBI Clerk, NIACL, NICL, IBPS PO, IBPS RRB, IBPS Clerk, RBI Grade B Officer and Assistant and other Banking and Insurance examinations.
- Publisher – Adda247 Publications
We are not adding too many books to our list because this can lead to confusion. We recommend you to choose any of the above books and study them thoroughly. All of them are good books by renowned publishers.