BCECE 2023: The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) will conduct an entrance exam to shortlist the candidates for admission into engineering, pharmacy, paramedical and agricultural courses. The state-level entrance exam is most likely to be held in October 2023. Selected candidates will be offered admission into the colleges of the Bihar state. Candidates can now start filling and submitting their application form. The application forms will be released through online mode. Find complete details related to the BCECE 2023 from this article below.
Table of Contents
BCECE 2023 Schedule
The important dates related to BCECE 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||August 2023|
|Last date for submission of the application||September 2023|
|Last date for making payment of application fee through offline mode||September 2023|
|Last date for making payment of application fee through online mode||September 2023|
|Opening of application correction window||September 2023|
|Closing of application correction window||September 2023|
|Admit card release date||September 2023|
|Date of entrance test||October 2023|
|Result announcement||October 2023|
BCECE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should meet the eligibility criteria prescribed below to be eligible for BCECE 2023 exam:
- For paramedical courses: The age of the candidates should not be less than 17 years as on 31st December 2023.
- For agricultural courses: Lower age limit of the candidates should be 16 years as on 31st August 2023.
- For BE: A pass in class 12th with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational Subject with at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) is required.
- For B.Pharma: The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology scoring a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates).
- For paramedical courses: Those who have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible.
- For agricultural courses:
Physical fitness: It is important for the candidates to be physically fit in order to be eligible for admission into the above courses.
BCECE 2023 Application Form
The candidates can obtain the application form for BCECE exam 2023 by visiting the official website of the BCECE board www.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. No mode other than online will be provided to the candidates for submission of application.
- The first step in the application process is the online registration of the new candidates.
- Candidates can register themselves by providing details like name, mobile number, email address, etc.
- A password should also be created by the candidates during the registration process.
- After the successful registration, the candidates can login using the registration number generated and the password created and start filling the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their rest personal details.
- Candidates also need to upload their signature and photograph into the form in scanned format.
- After this, the candidates will be required to provide their education related details into the application form.
- The duly filled application fee can now be submitted by the candidates along with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the application form should then be taken and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
Below given is the fee structure for BCECE 2023 for different subject combinations:
- For PCM/ PCB/ CBA/ PCA/ MBA/ MCA: Rs. 1000/- for General/ OBC candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST/ DQ candidates
- For PCMB: Rs. 1100/- for General/ OBC candidates and Rs. 550/- for SC/ ST/ DQ candidates
- Where P- Physics, C- Chemistry, B- Biology, A- Agricultural, M- Mathematics
Mode of payment:
The candidates will be able to pay their application fee both through online mode (via net banking/ credit card/ debit card) and offline mode (via challan).
BCECE 2023 Exam Pattern
An overview of the BCECE 2023 exam pattern is provided below:
- Exam duration: 90 minutes (each subject)
- Mode of exam: Pen and paper based test
- Question paper language: Both English and Hindi
- Number of questions: 100 (each subject)
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 400 (each subject)
- Marking Scheme: For each right answer 4 marks will be given
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
BCECE 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates can download their admit card from the official website of BCECEB bceceboard.bihar.gov.in.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken and carried to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Candidates who fail to carry the admit card while reporting to the exam center will not be allowed to give their exam.
- Details about the examination center and schedule will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card.
- Admit card is an important document that should be preserved by the candidates till the whole process of admission is over.
BCECE 2023 Result
- Authorities will declare the result of the BCECE 2023 entrance exam through online mode tentatively in the month of October 2023.
- Candidates will be able to check their result using their roll number by visiting the official website of the Board.
- A merit list of the candidates will also be drawn on the basis of marks scored by them in the entrance exam.
- Counseling and admission of the candidates will be done according to their names in the merit list.
BCECE 2023 Counseling
- Details regarding the counseling will be communicated to the candidates from the board’s website after the declaration of the result.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the counseling need to report to the venue along with all their documents in original and photocopy.
- Choice regarding the course specialization and the colleges will be asked by the candidates at the time of counseling.
- Documents will be verified and seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their choice and ranking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 01: When should I expect the BCECE 2023 application form to be released?
Ans: The application form for the BCECE 2023 is expected to release in the month of February 2023.
Ques 02: I do not fulfill the domicile criteria for the Bihar state. Can I apply for the entrance exam?
Ans: No. Only those candidates who meet the domicile criteria of Bihar can apply for the entrance exam and admission.
Ques 03: What to do in case I find any discrepancy in my admit card? Is it necessary that I get it corrected?
Ans:In case of any incorrect details in your admit card, you need to communicate the same to the BCECEB office at least 5 days before the date of exam. Appearing in the exam with an incorrect admit card might lead to cancellation of your paper.
Ques 04: Can I apply for the admissions on the basis of my class 12th marks?
Ans: No. Every candidate desirous of admission needs to appear for and clear the entrance exam conducted by the BCECEB.
Ques 05: Is there any way I could make changes in my application form after submission?
Ans: The board will provide the candidates a correction window to make changes in their application form after submission. The board will not make any corrections on behalf of the candidates.