Becoming a doctor is one of the main reasons why many students take the science stream in class 11th. MBBS is a 5-year degree course which enables a candidate to pursue medical practices in India. In this article, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the MBBS Admission 2023.
Table of Contents
Introduction to MBBS Course
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is one of the most sought courses after class 12th. Candidates who wish to become doctors are choosing this course. The duration of M.B.B.S is 5 years with compulsory 6 months unpaid internship. Unlike any other courses, the person who passed in M.B.B.S can expect a high remuneration with the respective job position. Considering the position and dignity, colleges that offer M.B.B.S courses are admitting students only after entrance tests. Candidates who study and successfully complete M.B.B.S can easily get ‘junior doctor’ jobs or else they can continue studies in various ‘After M.B.B.S’ courses like MD, MS, Masters in Health Administration(MHA) and M. Tech in Biomedical Engineering and Biological Sciences.
MBBS course Overview
MBBS is one of those courses after 12th which receives the most number of applications. Interested candidates can check out the basic details related to the course as given below.
|Level of the course||Graduation level course|
|Duration of the course||5 years + Internship|
|Full-Form||MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates must have passed class 12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subject group.|
|Course Fee||Rs. 10000/- to Rs. 600000/- per annum.|
|Average salary after completion of the course||Rs. 5 lac to Rs. 12 lac per annum|
|Admission Criteria||Based on entrance exam (NEET)|
|Common job profiles||Medical Coder, General Physician,, Dermatologist, Medical Officer, etc.|
|Top recruiters||Max hospital, Apollo Hospital, Fortis Healthcare Ltd,. Ranbaxy, Cipla Ltd, etc.|
It is necessary for all candidates to make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course are as follows.
- The age of the applicant should be 17 years as on or before the year-end.
Educational Qualification Requirement
- Candidates must have studied class 12th in science stream with a minimum of 50% marks and valid score in the relevant entrance exam are eligible to attend M.B.B.S. Some of the Top Medical entrance tests in India are AP EAMCET, BCECE, JCECE, MP DMAT, UPCPMT, and KEAM.
MBBS Entrance Exam 2023
The most important MBBS entrance exam 2023 in India is NEET 2023. Every year, lakhs of candidates appear for this exam. All the important details related to the NEET exam are as follows.
- Full-Form – NEET: National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
- Overview – This exam is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) in order to select the candidates
- Section: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 180 questions
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
- Syllabus: As per Chemistry, Physics, and Biology curriculum of class 11th and 12th.
Related: Courses after 12th
MBBS Course Duration
The actual duration of the course is 5 years. Apart from that, the students have to join an unpaid internship after their M.B.B.S course that is commonly referred to as ‘Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship (CRRI)’ ranging from 6 months to a one-year duration and the posting of the same will be usually in remote rural areas.
Career after MBBS
The candidates who studied M.B.B.S can get easily a ‘Trainee Doctor’ job in any Medical sector organizations with reasonable remuneration. Apart from that candidates can also do MD/MS/Diploma courses and do specialization in internal medicine, general surgery, obs. & gynaecology, paediatrics, etc.
Salary after MBBS
The salary will depend on vital factors such as- the size of the organization, career achievements and position in which he/she is appointed. Most of the doctors are running clinics and laboratories apart from their full-time job. A beginner level can expect a salary of around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000 every month.
List of Best Medical institutes that offering M.B.B.S courses in India
Some of the top medical institutes in India are as follows.
|Name of the college||Official Website|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). New Delhi||http://aiims.edu/|
|Armed Forces Medical College(AFMC), Pune||http://afmc.nic.in|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)||http://jipmer.edu.in/|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College(LHMC), Delhi||http://lhmc.in/|
|Madras Medical College (Chennai Medical College)||http://mmc.tn.gov.in|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore (CMC, Vellore)||http://cmcvellore.ac.in|
|Kasturba Medical College(KMC), Manipal||https://manipal.edu/kmc-manipal.html|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Kochi||http://aimshospital.org|
|Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai||https://www.kem.edu|
|Sri Ramachandra University||http://www.sriramachandra.edu.in/|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What are the academic courses that I can pursue after MBBS?
Answer: After MBBS, you may opt for master of surgery (MS) or Doctorate of Medicine ( MD).
Question – 2: How is MBBS different from BAMS?
Answer: The MBBS course is very different from BAMS. In MBBS, candidates gain knowledge of medicines and surgery. On the other hand, BAMS allows candidates to gain knowledge on traditional Indian medical system of Ayurveda.
Question – 3: Is it possible to get admission into MBBS course without an entrance examination?
Answer: No, the admission to MBBS course is provided only on the basis of an entrance exam.
Question – 4: What subjects do I have to study during MBBS?
Answer: Candidates have to study a lot of subjects during the MBBS course. Some of the subjects on which candidates need to focus on are physiology, biochemistry, anatomy, microbiology, etc.
Question – 5: Can you name some of the top colleges in India for MBBS?
Answer: Some of the top colleges for MBBS in India are as follows.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences – [Aiims], New Delhi
- Christian Medical College – [CMC], Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College – [AFMC], Pune
- Kasturba Medical College – [KMC], Mangalore
- Maulana Azad Medical College – [MAMC], New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research – [JIPMER], Pondicherry
- Lady Hardinge Medical College – [LHMC], New Delhi
- Madras Medical College – [MMC], Chennai
- Grant Medical College And Sir J. J. Group Of Hospitals, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Sri Ramachandra Institute Of Higher Education And Research, Chennai
- Seth GS Medical College – [GSMC], Mumbai
- Government Medical College – [GMC], Amritsar
- Institute Of Medical Sciences – [IMS], Varanasi
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences – [MGIMS], Wardha
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College-[LTMMC], Mumbai
- Christian Medical College – [CMC], Ludhiana
- Osmania Medical College – [OMC], Hyderabad
- Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College – [BJMC], Pune
- SMS Medical College – [SMSMC], Jaipur
- Government Medical College, Surat
- LLRM Medical College, Meerut
1 thought on “MBBS Admission 2023: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Career, Jobs”
I’m interested in MBBS will you kindly accept my application
You quick response will be highly appreciated