After passing the class 12th exam, many students opt for professional courses while some prefer academic courses. In case you are one of those students who wish to pursue academic courses after 12th then you can go for a B.Sc. or B.Sc. (Honours) degree. It is a very popular course in India offered by a lot of reputed universities. In this post, we are discussing completed details related to the B.Sc. Admission 2023.
Table of Contents
Introduction to B.Sc. and B.Sc. (Hons.)
A Bachelor of Science is an undergraduate academic degree for students who studied science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and Mathematics in class 12. The course duration of B.Sc. is generally three to five years. There are many institutes in the world that offer courses in B.Sc. discipline in both part-time and full-time modes.
Admission to part-time courses is based on the class 12th marks while the admission to the full-time courses offered only after reviewing the written test + entrance exam scores of the candidates. Literarily, Bachelor of Science provides a multitude of study methods and a diversity of career options. Those who have completed B.Sc. course can work in the health sector, technology and engineering systems.
The course duration of the B.Sc. discipline is different in different universities; the universities in Australia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Scotland are offering three year B.Sc. courses while B.Sc. institutions in India Including other regions such as Armenia, Albania, Afghanistan, Nepal, Brunei, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Canada, Georgia, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Ghana, etc. are offering B.Sc. courses in four or five years.
B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Honours) Course Highlights
Interested candidates can get a basic overview of B.Sc. and B.Sc. (Honours) course through the table given below. The is one of the most preferred courses after 12th.
|Level of the course||Graduation level course|
|Duration of the courses||3 years/ 4 years|
|Eligibility criteria||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination in science stream with relevant subjects|
|Admission criteria||Based on the 10+2 merit list or Based on the entrance exam merit|
|Average Course Fee||Rs. 3000/- to Rs. 50000/- Per annum|
|Average Salary After the course||Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh per annum|
|Top job positions||Food inspector, Teacher, Researcher in Labs, Medical Representative, Biologist, Zoologist.|
|Top Recruiters||Ranbaxy, cipla, Government of India, etc.|
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Course in India
The eligibility criteria are different for various universities. We are providing general eligibility criteria applicable to many universities as given below.
Age Eligibility: At the time of applying for admissions, the candidate should not less than 17 years old and not more than 23 years old.
Education qualification: For studying B.Sc. in India, candidates must possess the essential qualifications given below.
- Candidates who attended 10+2 or equivalent from a board of education are eligible to apply. (OR) Diploma holders in relevant disciplines are eligible to apply for this course.
- Students should have scored equal to or more than cut-off marks as released by colleges and universities.
- Students who studied science in HSE with at least 50% marks are eligible to attend a BSC course in India.
Top B.Sc. Entrance Exams 2023
Some of the top entrance exams offering admissions into various specifications of the B.Sc. course are as follows.
- Odhisa University of Agriculture and Technology Entrance Exam – B.Sc. in Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Home Science
- Pantnagar University Entrance Exam – B.Sc. in Agriculture (Hons), Community Science.
- UPCATET – B.Sc. in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Home Science
- AGRICET – B.Sc. in Agriculture, Horticulture
- Rajasthan JET Agriculture – B.Sc. Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry
- PUBDET – Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Life Sciences, Geology, Statistics
Career after completing B.Sc. course
After the completion of B.Sc course, the candidate can find a career in any one of the following domains in a reputed organization.
- Instructor in an Institute
- Food Inspector
- Researcher in Labs
- Medical Representative
The salary of a B.Sc candidate is based on the key factors including- the company which he/she serving, job position and responsibilities, skills, service experience, etc. In India, a fresher level candidate can earn around Rs. 2-3 lakh per Annum. This remuneration shall be altered-up based on the company and the position that he/she is serving.
List of Top Institutes in India offering B.Sc. Course
There are many B.Sc courses institutes in India. The names and contact information of leading B.Sc offering institutes in India are given below.
|College Name||Official Website|
|St. Stephen’s College Delhi||http://ststephens.edu/|
|Loyola College, Nungambakkam, Chennai||http://loyolacollege.edu/|
|St. Xavier’s College Mumbai||http://xaviers.edu/main/|
|Christ College, Hosur Road, Bangalore||http://christuniversity.in|
|Ramjas College, New Delhi||www.ramjascollege.edu|
|Madras Christian College, East Tambaram, Chennai||http://www.mcc.edu.in/|
|Hindu College, University Enclave, Delhi||http://hinducollege.org/|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it possible for a candidate from Arts or Commerce stream to do B.Sc. from any university?
Answer: No, B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Honours) course is exclusive for the science stream only.
Question – 2: What academic options I will have after completing B.Sc. Honours in Physics?
Answer: B.Sc. Honours in Physics is a very good course. After this, you may opt for M.Sc. in Physics or M.Tech in relevant branch. Apart from this, you can also go for B.Ed. course in case you want to become a teacher.
Question – 3: How many marks do I have to score in order to secure B.Sc. Admission to Delhi University?
Answer: Delhi University is one of the finest universities in India. This is the reason why the competition level for admission to this University is very high. You should have a minimum of around 85% mark in the 10+2 examination in order to be sure about securing admission into this university.
Question – 4: Which are the best colleges in India to do B.Sc. course?
Answer: Given below is the list of top 20 colleges for a B.Sc. in India.
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai
- Miranda House, Delhi (Girls College)
- St. Stephen’s College, Delhi
- Hansraj College, Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Department of Sciences Christ (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru
- Kirori Mal College (KMC), New Delhi
- Indraprastha College for Women
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi
- Gargi College, New Delhi
- Women’s Christian College, Chennai
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, Delhi
- Maharaja Agrasen College, New Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad
- St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College (ARSD), New Delhi
3 thoughts on “B.Sc Admission 2023: Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply, Career, Jobs”
Can I still fill up the B.Sc nursing form right now?
Sir I born in 24 04 2000
So am I not eligible for bsc
Date of restoration for entrans exam 2017
For Bs.c (hons) please sir