AP EdCET 2023: AP Education Common Entrance Test-2023 (AP EdCET 2023) is conducted by the Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). The EdCET is conducted to offer the admission to the candidates in the 2 years’ B.Ed. course for the session 2023-24 in the various institutes of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Here, candidates can get the details about the AP EdCET Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, and Admit Card & Important Dates etc.
Table of Contents
AP EdCET 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||AP EdCET 2023|
|Full Form||AP Education Common Entrance Test-2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
AP EdCET 2023 Important Dates
|Online application||May 2023|
|Online application last date without late fee||June 2023|
|Online application last date with late fee||June 2023|
|Hall ticket||July 2023|
|Date of exam||July 2023|
|Preliminary answer key||July 2023|
|Objections on Preliminary Key||August 2023|
AP EdCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- All Indian Nationals will be eligible to appear for the admission and to take part in the EdCET 2023.
- Candidates need to have permanent residence in the state of Andhra Pradesh and they need to have the certificate of proof in this regard.
- Candidates must have completed the bachelor level education from a recognized institute.
- The age of the applicants must not be less than 19 years as on 1st July 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for the choice of subject
|1.||English||Candidates with B.A Special English or M.A. English.|
|2.||Social Studies||All candidates with B.A. /B.Com. /B.B.M. or B.C.A. candidates with Social Sciences at higher secondary level as group subject.|
|3.||Mathematics||Candidates with B.A/B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the group Subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Mathematics at higher secondary level as a group subject. B.Tech. with Mathematics & Physics|
|4.||Biological Sciences||Candidates with B.Sc. /B.Sc. (Home Science) who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. Candidates with Biological Sciences at higher secondary level as group subject?|
|5.||Physical Sciences||Candidates with B.Sc. who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at higher secondary level as group subject.|
AP EdCET 2023 Application Form
- AP EdCET Application Form 2023 will be published on the official website of Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Candidates will be required to fill and submit all the details in the application form such as the name, age and the contact details along with the educational qualifications.
- The application form will be submitted with the submission of the application fee which will be paid through the credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form after completing the registration process for the future reference.
AP EdCET 2023 Exam Pattern
- The AP EdCET will be of objective nature having multiple choice questions.
- The question paper will be comprised of 140 questions from three different sections as given in the table below.
- The question paper will be in English and Urdu language such candidates will have to opt Kurnool as the exam Centre.
|S.No.||Subjects||Total questions||Total marks|
|1.||General English (Part A)||25||25|
|2.||General Knowledge(Part B)||15||15|
|3.||Methodology (Mathematics/Biological Sciences/ Social Studies/English)
Note: Candidates need to choose any one subject as per their specialty (Part C)
AP EdCET 2023 Admit Card
- The controller of the examination will release the EdCET admit card 2023 on the official website.
- Candidates need to download the admit card which will be required to be brought at the exam centre at the time of the commencing of the exam.
- The admit card will have details such as exam venue, date of the exam, timing, and duration of the question paper.
- No candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam without the admit card.
AP EdCET 2023 Result
- The EdCET Result 2023 will be published on the official website.
- Candidates can check the result on the official website and will be required to take the printout of the same.
- The result must be kept safe till the admission process is not complete.
AP EdCET 2023 Selection Process
- Candidates’ admission will be done on the basis of the marks attained by them in the written entrance test.
- Candidates will have to appear for counselling to get the allotment of the college for the B.Ed. course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the full form of AP EdCET?
Answer: The full form of AP EdCET is AP Education Common Entrance Test.
Question 2: What will be the mode of AP EdCET application?
Answer: It will release through online mode.
Question 3: Which type of questions are asked in AP EdCET?
Answer: Multiple-choice questions