Amrita University Mass Communication & Journalism admission: Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham University will invite applications from eligible candidates for admission to UG and PG mass communication and Journalism programmes at Ettimadai Campus. Admissions will be offered through CAPTEST (Communication Aptitude Test) conducted by the university.
Table of Contents
BA Mass Communication
- Candidate s should have done 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% marks or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Applicants from the foreign universities should achieve an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- M.A. in communication and P. G. diploma in journalism (P. G. D. J.)
- Candidate should have done a bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 pattern) in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidate from the foreign universities should get an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Applicants with appropriate industry experience will have an extra advantage.
Application Form: How to apply
Candidates can apply online as well as offline.
Candidates are required to download the application form and fill in the details correctly. Applicants should send the application form, along with demand draft of Rs 500/- (in favor of ‘Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham’ payable at Coimbatore) and other attachments at the Admissions Office before due time.
Candidates can also get the application forms on-demand in person from the university department. Sent the duly filled applications at below address:
The Admission Coordinator
Amrita School of Communication
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Ettimadai-641 112, Coimbatore
The entrance exam is designed to test candidates from different backgrounds based on their aptitude, interest, and potential for adapting to communication and journalism course. The sections in each year’s question paper vary as per the diplomacy of the CAPTEST examiners; however, the topics covered always include Logical Reasoning, Current Affairs and English Grammar.
Aspirants are needed to appear for the CAPTEST conducted by Amrita University. Admission will be based on marks obtained in Communication Aptitude Test, candidate’s performance in Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (applicable only for M.A and PGDJ courses). Candidates who scored 70% aggregate marks or more during the first two years of their degree are exempted from CAPTEST. But, they will have to appear for personal interview.
Important dates (Tentative)
|MA Mass Communication: Fast Track Admission Slot 1||April 2020|