Aligarh University is one of the famous Universities of India that was founded by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan. It is a Public University that saw its inception in the year 1875 and is famous with its acronym AMU. The University has earned its affiliation from University Grants Commission, NAAC and AIU.
It is one of the residential educational set up in India that strives to bring students from all backgrounds, castes, creed and communities irrespective of any disparity and discrimination.
Courses Offered at AMU
The University offers various courses at Bachelor, Master and Doctorate level.
- M.Sc Hons
- M.Sc Agriculture in Microbiology
- M.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Food Processing
- Master of Agribusiness Management
- MA Hons and Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Master of Fine Arts
- B.Com Hons
- Master of Finance and Control
- Master of Tourism Administration
Engineering & Technology
- BA LLB
- M.Sc Hons
- B.B.S/ B.D.S and Bachelor of Radiation Therapy
- PG Diploma
- BA Hons
- M.L.I. Sc
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Physical Education
- B.Sc Hons
- Master in Computer Science Application
- BA Hons
Aligarh Muslim University ever year organizes an entrance test for candidates who are willing to enroll with the University. The entrance test is conducted to grant admission to students to various undergraduate and post graduate courses.
- Candidates applying for the exam have to be 17 years of age and ought to have completed 10+2.
- For bachelor’s course students must have completed 10+2 with 50% marks
- In order to appear for Master’s course student must have completed 10+2+3 with minimum of 50% marks. Though the minimal score criteria varies as per the course selected.
AMU campus comprises a huge campus area of 467.6 acres that encompass several blocks as in administrative blocks, academic departments and residential facilities. In addition there are range of facilities as in library, laboratory, cyber labs, cafeteria and many other facilities.
AMU has a strong and robust mechanism of placement that avows best exposure and vocational opportunities to candidates in reputed organizations and companies of their sphere.
Contact Details of Aligarh Muslim University
Address: Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
Phone: 0571 270 0935