Admission to 2-year B.Ed course will be offered to the candidates on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. Application form for the admission will be released in the month of April 2023 through online mode. Candidates who wish to fill the form and appear for the exam need to make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria. Get complete details about the Alagappa University Distance B.Ed admission 2023 such as important dates, application process, admit card, etc from this article below.
Table of Contents
Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Online application form release date||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of May 2023|
|Issue of admit card||2nd week of May 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||3rd week of May 2023|
|Result declaration||4th week of July 2023|
|Commencement of counseling process||Last week of July 2023|
Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who want to apply for Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023:
- Candidates with bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree from a recognized university in any of the disciplines mentioned below are eligible to apply.
- Tamil (BA, B.Lit), English, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Physics, Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Microbiology, History, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Geography, Applied Geography, Computer Science, Computer Application and Information Technology
- A minimum of 55% marks for OC candidates, 45% marks for BC candidates, 43% marks for MBC candidates, and 40% marks for SC/ ST candidates in the qualifying exam is required.
- To select Economics, Commerce and Home Science as their subject of study, it is mandatory that the candidates have studied the same subjects at UG and PG levels
- The candidates must have done their graduation in 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of examination.
- The applicants should be trained in-service teachers in any government recognized school in the state of Tamil Nadu and should have completed NCTE recognized Teacher Education Programme through face-to-face mode.
- He/ she must be working as a teacher in a government recognized school in Tamil Nadu at the time of application.
Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Application Form 2023
The application form for the Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023 can be obtained from the university either through post or can be collected in person. Other than this, the application form can also be downloaded from the university’s official website.
- To obtain the form through post, the candidates are required to send a letter to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University, Karaikudi 630 003 along with a demand draft of the prescribed application fee.
- To collect the form in person, the candidates can reach the university with the application fee demand draft and get the form from the DDE office.
- To download the online application form, the candidates need to visit the official website www.alagappauniversity.ac.in, download the form and take its printout of be filled in their own handwriting.
How to fill the application form?
- To fill the application form, the candidates need to provide their basic personal details like name, gender, date of birth, category, etc.
- Details related to their qualifying exam like year of passing, name of university, marks scored, etc will also be asked in the application form.
- Candidates also need to affix their photograph and sign the application form at required places.
- The duly-filled application fee can then be submitted along with the photocopy of the important documents.
- A photocopy of the filled-in application form should be taken and kept safe in case of future reference.
Application from submission
The application form should be sent via post to the following address so as to reach the university on or before the last specified date:
Karaikudi 630 003
Tamil Nadu, India
- The application fee for Alagappa University B.Ed exam will be Rs. 500/-.
- Payment of the fee can be done through demand draft drawn in favor of ‘The Director, DDE, Alagappa University’ payable at Karaikudi.
Photocopy of the following documents should be enclosed with the application form before sending it to the university:
- Entry qualification of HSC
- Diploma/ Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate
- Statement of Marks of HSC
- Mark sheet of Diploma/ Degree course
- Category Certificate, for reserved category candidates
- Demand draft of application fee
Alagappa University Distance B.Ed 2023 Admit Card
- The university will publish the admit card to appear for the B.Ed entrance exam around one week before the exam on its official website.
- On the admit card, important details related the exam such as center, date and timing will be mentioned.
- Candidates should download the admit card, take a printout of the same and carry it with them while reporting to the exam center.
- Admit card will only be released for the candidates who submit their application form successfully on time.
- The candidates need to keep their admit card safe till the whole process of admission is over.
Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Exam Result 2023
- Candidates will be able to check their result through online mode from the website of the university.
- The result is expected to be announced in the month of July 2023.
- Those who clear the exam, their names will be included in the merit list, prepared on the basis of marks scored in the exam.
- The candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be considered for the admission process.
Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Admission Process
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the admission need to report to the university to complete the admission formalities.
- Schedule of the admission process will be communicated to the candidates from the official website.
- Reporting candidates must carry with them all their important documents for verification.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified after which they will be granted final admission.
Question 1: What are the learning centers for Alagappa University Distance B.Ed course?
Answer: The regional centers are located at the following places:
Karaikudi, Arasanoor, Kamuthakudi, Trichy, Palayamkottai, Tiruppur, Vellore, Madurai, Salem and Tindivanam
Question 2: Can I get a refund on the application fee?
Answer: Once the application fee is submitted, no refund will be provided to the candidates.
Question 3: What will be the exam pattern for the Alagappa University Distance B.Ed entrance exam?
Answer: The examination pattern for the Alagappa University Distance B.Ed entrance exam will be decided by the university and published on the website in the meantime.
Question 4: Can I get my admit card through post or courier?
Answer: The admit card of the candidates is expected to only be released through online mode and can be obtained from the website of the university.
Question 5: What if I fail to report for the admission process?
Answer: The candidates who fail to report for the admission process, their candidature will be cancelled and they will forfeit their seats.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here