The Alagappa University will offer the interested candidates admissions into its 2-year B.Ed degree programme offered in distance mode. The candidates who are employed as a teacher in government-recognized school of Tamil Nadu can apply. The application form is expected to be released in the month of April 2019 and can be collected from university office or its website. The admissions will be granted on the basis of performance in entrance exam conducted by the university. The candidates can find the complete details of the Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Admission 2019 from this post.
Below here are given the tentative dates related to Alagappa University B.Ed Admission 2019. The actual dates will be updated after they are announced officially.
|Release of application form||April 2019|
|Last date of submitting application form||May 2019|
|Availability of admit card||May 2019|
|Entrance exam date||May 2019|
|Display of result||To be notified|
|Commencement of counseling||To be notified|
The candidates can obtain the application form from the university in person or via post. The candidates should visit the university along with the application fee demand draft and collect the application and the prospectus in person.
- To obtain the application form through post the candidates should send a requisition letter to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University, Karaikudi 630003 along with a demand draft.
- In addition to this, the candidates can also download the application form from the official website.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide details such as name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email id, qualifying exam details, etc.
- The candidates should submit the duly-filled application form along with photocopy of the important documents.
- The candidates must take a photocopy of the application form before submitting it and keep it safe in case of further reference.
- The application should be submitted via post so as to reach the university’s office before the stipulated date to the address given below:
Karaikudi 630 003
- The application and prospectus fee for the B.Ed admission will be Rs. 500/-.
- The candidates will have to make payment of application fee through demand draft. The daft should be drawn in favor of ‘The Director, DDE, Alagappa University’ payable at Karaikudi.
The following documents are required to be enclosed along with the filled-in application form:
- A photocopy of entry qualification of HSC/ Diploma Certificate & Degree or Provisional Certificate
- A photocopy of the Statement of Marks (HSC/ Diploma/ Degree)
- A photocopy of Community Certificate
- Demand Draft for the application fee drawn in favor of The Registrar, Alagappa University, payable at any bank in Karaikudi
The eligibility criteria for Alagappa University Distance B.Ed Admission 2019 are provided below:
- The candidates who are trained in-service teachers in any government recognized school in the state of Tamil Nadu who have completed NCTE recognized Teacher Education Programme through face-to-face mode are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be presently working as a teacher in a government recognized school in Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates should have successfully passed the 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of examination in the following disciplines from a recognized University:
- Tamil (BA/ B.Literature)/ English/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Zoology/ Botany/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science/ History/ Geography/ Applied Geography/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/ and Information Technology.
- In case of Economics, Commerce and Home Science, the candidates should have studied the same subjects at UG and PG levels.
- The candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% marks for OC candidates, 45% marks for BC candidates, 43% marks for MBC candidates, and 40% marks for SC/ ST candidates.
- The candidates need to download their admit card in order to appear for the entrance exam.
- The admit card for Alagappa University B.Ed entrance exam 2019 will be released on the website of the university.
- The admit card will contain the important details of the candidates and of the exam (center and schedule).
- The admit card should be kept safe until the process of admission is over.
Result & Admission
- The entrance exam result will be published on the university’s website and the candidates can check it using their roll number.
- The qualified candidates will be granted provisional admissions on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam.
- The final admission will be granted after all the important original documents of the candidates are verified.
- The finally admitted candidates will be then be provided study material by the university.