AIPVT 2017: AIPVT (All India Pre Veterinary Test) 2017 is a national level veterinary entrance exam conducted for admission to five year Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc and A.H) degree programme. The Veterinary Council of India (VCI) is the respective authority that conducts this exam in the month of May and online application procedure for the same starts from February onward. In this post we are elaborating all possible information related to AIPVT 2017 so that its aspirants would not have to face any sort of hassle while appearing in the test.
AIPVT 2017 has now replaced by NEET 2017. Click here to get complete info on NEET 2017.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria Required to Appear in AIPVT 2017
- Candidates should be a resident of India (except candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir).
- Candidates should be minimum 17 years old as on 31st December, 2017. Candidates looking for admission under 15% All India Quota and participating state seats, the upper age limit prescribed for them is 25 years as on 31st December, 2017. SC/ST/OBC category candidates may get relaxation up to five years in age.
Educational Qualification Required
- Candidates should be Intermediate pass with Physics, Biology and Chemistry and English from a genuine board or university. Or,
- Candidates should be Indian School Certificate exam or 10+2 Higher/Senior secondary exam pass with PCB and any other elective subject along with English.
- The minimum mark secured by candidates belonging to General category is 50% whereas, this marks is 40% for OBC/SC/ST category applicants.
Complete Eligibility Info- Check Here
Best books to Prepare for AIPVT- Check Here
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Get Latest Update For AIPVT 2017 through Email Please fill the form
AIPVT 2017 Important Dates
|Online application form submission process||February, 2017 to March 2017 (without late fee) &
March, 2017 to April, 2017 (with late fees)
|Last date of transaction of fee||February, 2017 to March, 2017 (without late fee) &
March, 2017 to April, 2017 (with late fees)
|AIPVT 2016 exam date||May, 2017|
How to Apply for AIPVT 2017?
Go through the application procedure for AIPVT exam 2017:
- Open the official website url of VCI i.e. http://aipvt.vci.nic.in/aipvt/Welcome.aspx.
- Go through the important instructions.
- Register yourself and note down your registration number and password.
- Now use that registration number to apply for the test.
- After filling up necessary information it is necessary to upload signature, candidates’ and their parents signature and thumb impression. Candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir are required to upload self declaration form. All scanned images should be in JPG format.
- Pay the application fee through e-challan, net banking, credit card/debit card.
- At last, take print out of the confirmation page.
For General or OBC category applicants: Rs 1500/- (without late fees) & Rs 1500/-+Rs 750/- as late fee (including late fee)
For SC/ST/PH category applicants: Rs 750/- (without late fee) & Rs 750/-+Rs 750/- as late fee (including late fee)
Guidelines to Apply- Check Here
Important details of AIPVT 2017 exam pattern are as follows:
- There will be single paper in the test which will contain 180 objective type questions.
- Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology). There will be 45 questions from Physics, 45 from Chemistry and rest 90 from Biology.
- For each correct response: +4 marks
- For each incorrect response: -1 mark
- Exam duration: three hours
- Language mode: English and Hindi
Check complete exam pattern- Click Here
List of exam centres- Check Here
AIPVT 2017 Syllabus
Please go through the syllabus of AIPVT 2017 mentioned below. Prepare for the exam by following the test syllabus only.
Download your admit card- Click Here
AIPVT 2017 Answer Key
Answer key will be uploaded by the respective authority at the official website of VCI. Candidates who would like to claim against the answer key they will have to pay Rs 1000/- per question. The paid amount will be refunded only if candidate’s claim will be accepted.
Challenge against Answer Key
The exam conducting authority will first display the OMR answer sheets and responses at its official web address. Thereafter, the authority will provide options of submitting challenges against the same if there is any sort of errors. But for the same, they will have to make payment of Rs.1000/- per response challenged and in case the same has been accepted by the authority then the amount paid will be refunded.
Scoring and Marking in AIPVT 2017
The authority will make evaluation of AIPVT 2017 question paper through Optical Mark Reader (OMR). Every right answer is associated with four marks whereas; deduction of 1 mark will be there for every incorrect response.
In case you have marked more than one answer for a single question then it would be treated as incorrect answer and hence lead to deduction of 1 mark.
AIPVT 2017 Result
Aspirants those have appeared in the AIPVT 2017 exam they can check their respective result in the month of May, 2017 at its official website. Result once published will be assumed as final and therefore no request of re-evaluation or re-checking will be entertained.
Check your result- Click Here
AIPVT 2017 Counseling Details
Schedule of counseling along with merit list and wait list will be displayed at the official website of the authority after declaration of result. While coming for the counseling process, candidates need to bring original as well as attested copy of following documents:
- Admit card which is downloaded from the official website.
- DOB certificate.
- Counseling letter (download it from the official website).
- Marksheet of qualifying exam.
- Character certificate.
- Four passport size and one postcard size photograph
Complete counselling info- Check Here
AIPVT 2017 Selection Procedure
The Veterinary Council of India will prepare AIPVT merit list based on the marks scored by candidates in the exam. For example, if two or more candidates have scored equal marks then merit will be decided by considering following rules:
- First Preference- Higher marks in Botany & Zoology in the exam;
- Second Preference- Higher marks in Chemistry in the exam;
- Third Preference- Higher marks in Physics in the exam;
- Final Preference- Applicants’ older in age;
Merit List Preparation for 15% All India Quota Seats
The Veterinary Council of India will prepare the merit list of candidates equal in number of seats available for the allotment of B.V.Sc. & A.H. program under 15% All India Quota seats. The authority will also announce waiting list containing number of candidates equal to six times of the no. of candidates in the merit list.
Merit List for Participating States
The Veterinary Council of India is responsible to prepare state wise merit list based on State Code of Eligibility and Domicile State filled by candidates while filling their online application form.
Veterinary Council of India, A-Wing, Second Floor,
August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi – 110066
http://aipvt.vci.nic.in/aipvt/Welcome.aspx or http://www.vci.nic.in/forms/default.aspx