The National Law University, Delhi will conduct AILET 2020 Examination for admission to BA LLB (Hons.), LLM and Ph.D programs in Law. Candidates seeking admission in NLU must apply for the AILET exam as per the eligibility criteria set by the authority. National Law University is one of the prestigious law universities in the country and admission to the courses offered by it depends on the marks secured by the candidates in the AILET entrance exam. Foreign nationals are exempted for appearing in the exam. They can directly apply on the official website of the NLU. Candidates need to study hard to fetch good marks in the AILET 2020 exam. To know more about the exam, continue reading the article.
Important Dates for AILET 2020
Candidates can prepare for the AILET 2020 Exam keeping in mind the tentative dates given below-
|Online availability of application form||March 2020|
|Last date of form submission||1st week of April 2020|
|Releasing of the admit card||2nd week of April 2020|
|AILET Exam Date||1st week of May 2020|
|Result Declaration||4th week of May 2020|
Note: The confirmed schedule will be updated here once it is published on the official website.
AILET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for AILET is as follows-
- Exam Mode: Offline (Pen and Paper based)
- Exam Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Language: English
- Type of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark will be awarded for each right answer
- Negative Marking:25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
|For BA LLB (Hons.)|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical ability)||10||10|
Here’s the syllabus for the AILET 2020 examination-
English: Comprehension, Grammar, Synonym, Antonym, One word substitution, Sentence Rearrangement, Idioms & Phrases, etc.
General Knowledge: History, Polity, Economics, Geography, Current affairs, Environment, Indian Culture etc.
Legal Aptitude: Fundamental Rights and Duties, Legal Terms, Maxims and constitutional laws, important commission/committee/institutions/ governing bodies etc.
Reasoning: Direction test, Blood relation, Puzzles, Series, Analogy, Classification, Syllogism, Sitting arrangement etc.
Elementary mathematics: Percentage, Average, Simplification, Boats and stream, Trains, Pipes and cisterns etc.
While there are tons of books available in the market to confuse the students, here we’re proving you the names of the noteworthy reference books for AILET preparation. Candidates may buy them as per their convenience-
- CLAT and LLB by McGraw Hills Publication.
- For General Knowledge: Lucent’s G.K, and Pearson’s concise G.K manual.
- For Legal Aptitude: Universal CLAT Guide, Legal Awareness & Legal Reasoning by A.P Bhardwaj
- For Logical Reasoning: Verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning by R.S Aggarwal, and Analytical Reasoning by Magical Book Series.
- For Mathematics: Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra, Quantitative aptitude by R.S Aggarwal.
- For English: English is easy by Magical Book Series, and Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S Aggarwal.
Preparation Tips for AILET 2020
The AILET exam is one of the popular law entrance exams which let the candidate get admission in the National Law University. Therefore, candidates should study for the entrance exam according to the guidelines given below for scoring good marks in the exam-
- Make a time table so that all the subjects are divided equally. By doing this, you will not miss any subject.
- Go through the previous year papers and solve them in limited time. Analyze your performance after that and keep following this practice regularly.
- The mathematics and reasoning part is usually time-consuming so practice them daily.
- Read the newspaper to know what’s happening around the world. Discuss pressing issues with your friends and family to develop a perspective on the situation.
- Build your vocabulary and focus on English grammar.
- For mathematics, brush up the fundamental concepts first before proceeding for the complex ones.
- Use reliable reference books for AILET preparation.
AILET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply for the exam through the NLU’s official website. They need to fill the registration form available on the website. After filling the details, candidates need to login using the login details available on the Email ID registered during the registration. Candidates need to choose their application form and click on the apply button to enter the relevant details in the form. Candidates should fill all the mandatory details. Incomplete forms will be rejected. Therefore, the particulars must be filled very carefully. Candidates should upload the relevant certificates in the form (as asked). It is mandatory for every applicant to pay the required application fee for the exam in order to submit the same successfully.
Applicants from General category must pay Rs. 3050/- as the application fee for the exam. Those belonging to SC/ST/PD category need to pay Rs. 1050/-. BPL candidates from SC/ST category are exempted from paying the application fee. The payment can be made through online mode using credit card/debit card/net banking.
Eligibility Criteria for AILET 2020
Candidates can check their status of eligibility to take the exam from the information given below. The Eligibility Criteria for AILET examination is –
For BA LLB (Hons.): Candidates should have passed class 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized board/university with minimum 50% marks. Those appearing in class 12th may also apply.
For LLM: Candidates should have done LL.B. or an equivalent Law Degree with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities). Those in the final year of LLB are also eligible.
For Ph.D courses: Candidates should possess an LL.M. Degree or its equivalent with minimum 55% Marks (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities).
AILET 2020 Admit Card
Applicants can print the admit card by visiting the official website of the NLU. Candidates must bring the colored copy of the downloaded admit card to the exam hall. Candidates from PWD category need to bring the relevant certificate to the exam center for availing the facility of a scribe/extra time. Without the colored admit card, no candidate will be permitted inside the exam center premises. To download the admit card, candidates can either choose “search by name and dob” or “search by application no. and dob”. In case, a candidate faces difficulty in downloading the admit card, he/she should contact the authority immediately.
The result will be published on the official website of the NLU. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained by the applicants in the AILET 2020 exam. They can also check their scorecard by logging into the website. The merit list will be announced category-wise. Based on the merit list, shortlisted candidates will receive the letter of admission. Candidates should pay the admission fee before the deadline to confirm their admission to the National Law University.