National Law University, Delhi is going to organize All India Law Entrance Test 2019 (AILET 2019) to offer admission in five years B.A LLB (Hons), LLM, Ph. D programmes. It is a national level entrance exam organized every year all over India. Admission to Delhi Law University will also be granted on the basis of this exam. According to the latest notification, NLU Delhi has released the AILET 2019 application form on 4th January 2019. Candidates can apply for AILET till 8th April 2019. The exam is scheduled to be held on 5th May 2019 in between 3.00 pm to 4:30 pm. Read the post for information like AILET application form, eligibility criteria, online registration, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, result.
Latest News: AILET 2019 application form has been released on 4th January 2019. Apply here for the exam.
AILET 2019 will be held on 5th May 2019 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
AILET 2019 Important Dates (Released)
We have updated the table as per the schedule released by NLU Delhi:
|Releasing of official notification||4th January 2019|
|Availability of application form||4th January 2019|
|Last date to fill application form||8th April 2019|
|Admit card||22nd April 2019|
|Date of Examination||5th May 2019|
|Result declaration B.A. LL.B (Hons.)||24th May 2019|
|Result declaration LL.M||2nd July 2019|
|Result declaration Ph.D.||16th July 2019|
|Admission letter to be issued||25th June 2019|
|Fee can be deposited by selected candidates in spot counselling||5th July 2019|
|Spot counselling date for vacant seats||13th June 2019|
|Deadline for depositing fee (first list)||24th May 2019|
|Admission process will close by||25th July 2019|
|Interview of selected candidates||July 2019, Last week|
|Date or Orientation programme||1st August 2019|
Quick Highlights of AILET 2019
Candidates having 55% marks are permitted to apply for UG course, whereas, 55% marks is required to apply for PG course. Read other highlights of AILET exam:
- Full Name: All India Law Entrance Test
- Who conducts the exam: National Law University, Delhi
- Official website: www.nludelhi.ac.in
- Mode of the exam: Offline mode
- Courses offered through exam: BA LLB, LLM, and PhD
- Seats availability: 80 seats for BA LLB, 35 for LLM and 05 for PhD
Eligibility criteria for various courses under AILET 2019 are as follows:
For B.A LLB (Hons) Programme:
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates appearing in 10+2 or equivalent exam are also eligible.
- Candidate must possess an LLB or equivalent degree from a recognized institution with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category candidates)
- Candidates appearing in the final year exam of qualifying degree can also apply.
- An LLM degree is required from a recognized university.
- Candidates with any other master degree in law or equivalent are also eligible.
- A minimum of 55% marks in qualifying exam is necessary (50% for candidates from reserved category)
AILET 2019 Application Form: How to apply?
Candidates should read the important instructions carefully before filling the online application form. Some important points about AILET Application process are listed below:
- AILET 2019 application form will be available online.
- In order to apply for AILET 2019 candidates have to register themselves on the official website
- Applicants have to choose “National Law University” from the list of colleges and fill in the mandatory details very carefully.
- An incomplete or incorrect application form will be rejected. Candidates have to fill every mandatory section of the application form.
- After feeding all the necessary details applicants have to pay the application fee and submit the application form.
How to fill the application form?
Step 1: Complete the online registration
In order to complete AILET online registration, candidates have to provide their genuine email ID and phone number.
Step 2: Account login
You’ll receive the login credentials after completing the registration procedure. Using the same credentials, you need to login to your account to fill the application form.
Step 3: Application Locker
Once you login to your account, you will see the application locker. Further, you need to click on National Law University.
Step 4: Fill up AILET application form
You need to fill up AILET application form with required details. Do not put any fake entries in the application form. In such cases, your candidature can be cancelled at any point of time.
Step 5: Application Fee payment
The next step is paying the application fee. You can pay the amount either through online or offline mode.
- The application fee can be paid via online (Credit/Debit card or Net banking) and offline (cash deposit at the post office) mode.
- The application fee for general candidate is Rs. 3050 /- and for SC/ST/PwD the application fee is Rs 1050/-
- BPL Candidates from SC/ST category do not require to pay any application fee.
Exam pattern for AILET 2019 UG is given below:
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode|
|Duration of AILET 2019 Exam||90 minutes|
|Maximum No. of Marks||150|
|Total No. of Questions||100 Questions will be asked for LLM and Ph.D., 150 questions will be asked for BA LLB (Hons.)|
|Types of questions to be asked||Multiple choice questions will be asked|
|Marks to be awarded for every correct answer.||1 Mark|
|Negative Marking||¼ marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer|
Here is the exam pattern for PG programme
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode|
|Duration of AILET PG exam||90 minutes|
|Maximum No. of Marks||150|
|Total No. of Questions||100 questions|
Please have a look at the marking scheme for UG programme:
- Elementary Mathematics – 10 Marks
- English – 35 Marks
- Legal Aptitude – 35 Marks
- Logical reasoning – 35 Marks
- General Knowledge – 35 Marks
Marking scheme for PG programme is as follows:
- There will be 100 questions of 1 mark each.
- One essay question will be there of 50 marks. Hence, the total marks of the question paper would be 150.
Qualifying Criteria for the exam
The minimum qualifying mark is 40% in AILET 2019. This criterion is 30% for SC/ST candidates.
AILET 2019 Syllabus
We have shared below the prescribed syllabus for UG and PG programme:
Syllabus for UG programme
- Mathematical Ability
- Legal Aptitude
- General Knowledge
- Logical reasoning
Syllabus for PG programme
- International Law
- Law of Torts
- Intellectual Property Law
- Property Law
- Law of Contracts
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
Admit cards will be published online by the authorities on the official website of the university. Candidates need to login to their account using their unique user id and password to access their Admit card. It is expected that the admit card will be available online from the 2nd week of April 2019. It is a very important document, no candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
AILET 2019 Answer Key
NLU Delhi will release AILET 2019 answer key at its official website. The answer key helps students to calculate their probable marks in the exam. They can easily know whether they will be qualified for admission or not. The authority will release the answer key for UG and PG programmes separately. We’ll furnish here the link for answer key once the same is available at its official website.
AILET Cutoff 2019
The cutoff criteria for AILET 2019 are as follows:
|Candidates’ Category||Cut-off Marks|
|Jammu and Kashmir Residents||81|
AILET 2019 Result
Candidates appearing in the AILET 2019 entrance exam will get their result online by the 4th week of May 2019 for B.A.LL.B. And the 1st week of July 2019 for LLM & Ph.D. programme. Admission will be provided to the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in this exam.
Counseling session for AILET 2019 admission will start after the declaration of result. Candidates will be allowed to fill their choices on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam. The tentative date for the start of counseling session is 4th week of May 2019.
Final allotment of seat will be done after document verification.