The All India Institutes of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi will conduct the AIIMS MBBS 2022 exam in order to select the eligible candidates for MBBS programme. The admissions will be provided across nine different AIIMS in India. It is being expected that this exam will be held in May 2022 and the registration will be started in the month of November 2021. Being a national level medical entrance exam, the level of competition in AIIMS MBBS 2022 is expected to be very high.
In this article, we will discuss various important details regarding the AIIMS MBBS 2022 exam such as exam pattern syllabus, eligibility criteria etc.
Update: AIIMS MBBS exam has been replaced by NEET.
Table of Contents
AIIMS MBBS 2022 Important Dates (Expected)
As the exact schedule for the AIIMS MBBS 2022 is not yet released by the authorities, the aspiring candidates can check the tentative schedule based on last year’s exam from the table given below:
|Starting of online registration for AIIMS MBBS 2020
|Closing date of online registration
|Availability of Admit card
|Declaration of Result
Note: The exact schedule will be updated on this page after the release of official notification.
AIIMS MBBS 2022 Exam Pattern
The AIIMS MBBS 2022 exam will be held at more than 155 centers across India. The exam pattern for AIIMS MBBS 2022 is illustrated below:
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online mode of Exam]
- Number of Questions: 200
- Type of Questions: Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type)
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours and 30 Minutes
- Standard of Exam: The standard of exam will be that of class 12th science.
- Language of Question Paper: Questions will be asked in both English and Hindi language.
- Making Scheme: Each Question will carry 1 Mark and there will be a negative marking of 1/3 mark in case of a wrong answer.
Subject-wise distribution of Questions:
|Number of Questions
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)
|Aptitude and Logical Thinking
AIIMS MBBS Application form 2022
AIIMS MBBS 2022 application form will be submitted only via online mode. There will be no facility to submit the application form by post or any other offline mode. In order to fill and submit the application form, the candidates have to visit the official website i.e. www.aiimsexam.org.
The candidates have to enter all their academic and personal details in the application form. After entering the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression in a prescribed format.
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus 2022
The AIIMS MBBS 2022 syllabus will be consisting of topics from physics, chemistry, biology subjects of class 11th and 12th.
The Important topics from different subjects are as follows:
Physics:- Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices Etc.
Chemistry: Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p- Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life etc.
Biology: Genetics and Evolution, Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology and environment etc.
General Knowledge: Geography, International Organization, History, Science, Current Affairs, Computer Science, India Independence etc.
How to prepare for AIIMS MBBS 2022?
Lakhs of candidates is expected to appear in this exam so it is obvious that there will be a stiff competition. So, it is necessary that the candidates should prepare well in order to clear the exam. Some strategic tips to clear this exam are as follows:
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus well: The first step for a good preparation is to know and understand the syllabus & exam pattern for the exam so that you can prepare accordingly.
- Regular Studies: It is not possible to clear the AIIMS MBBS 2022 exam with an overnight study. You should make a time table and follow it to pursue regular studies.
- Work on your weakness: Regular study will help you find your weaknesses and strengths. Aspirant should focus more on the topics in which they are weak and polish their strengths.
- Time Management: As you can see in the exam pattern that the candidates have to answer 200 Questions in 3 and a half hour. So, the time management is going to be the key to clear the exam. Rigorous practice can help you answer rapidly and manage the time in a better way.
- Sample Paper and Mock Test: The candidates are advised to go through as many sample papers as possible before the exam. By doing so they will familiarize themselves with the exam pattern.
There are a lot of books available in the market for the AIIMS MBBS preparation. However, it is recommended that the candidates should focus more on NCERT Books of 11th and 12th standard before moving on to other help books.
Some of the recommended books the candidates may follow after NCERT Books are as follows:
For Biology: Objective Biology by Dinesh, Prakash Objective Biology, A C Dutta for Botany ( Oxford Publication), Trueman’s Biology Vol. 1 & 2 and GR Bathla Publications’ for Biology (Theory & Objective)
For Chemistry: Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon, Modern ABC of Chemistry for Class 11th & 12th (Vol. 1 & 2), Dinesh Chemistry, Arihant Organic Chemistry, Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
For Physics: Aggarwals’ Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT, NCERT Physics: CBSE PMT by Anil Aggarwal (Set of 3 Volumes), H C Verma for Physics, Objective Physics for Medical Entrances Examination (Volume 1 and Volume 2)
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2022
Before applying for the exam, it is necessary that the candidates should ensure their eligibility. The eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS will be as follows.
- The age of a candidate should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
- The applicant must have passed class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
- The candidates must have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects. (50% for SC, ST and PWBD candidates)
- The candidate who will appear in class 12th exam in the year 2020 can also apply for AIIMS MBBS 2020.
Note: The foreign national can apply for AIIMS (New Delhi) only.
The admit card of AIIMS MBBS 2022 exam will be published on the official website in the second week of May 2022 tentatively. It should be noted that the admit card will not be sent by post. It will be mandatory for every candidate to carry the hardcopy of downloaded admit card at the exam center.
Along with the admit card, every candidate needs to carry one photograph and ID proof at the examination center. The ID proof should be same as mentioned in the application form.
The list of candidates who will qualify for the AIIMS MBBS 2022 counseling will be updated on the official website of AIIMS. Candidates please note that the institute will not intimate unsuccessful candidates about the declaration of result. However, the marks and the percentile score of every candidate will be available on the official website.
Any request for re-checking or re-evaluation will not be entertained in any case.
Soon after the declaration of result, the schedule for first round of online counseling/seat allocation will be updated on the official website. The number of candidates who will be called for the counselling will be 4 times the number of seats available in each category. The allocation of seats will be done on the basis of choice filled by the eligible and qualified candidates and availability of seats.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here